Why are some of us scared?

zeroburrito

Reaction score
Probably because the cowboys are putrid in the playoffs. Even their really good teams.

Zman5

Reaction score
I don't get it either. I wonder sometimes if these people act the same way in their other real life situations. For God sake, how many "We should be scared of WFT, EaGirls, Gints." posts did we see this season. I couldn't believe there were people here genuinely scared of those teams. It's a freaking game. It's meant to be a competitive event.

I want to win but I don't want a boring noncompetitive game. I like playing/watching sports events because of, as they say, "Thrill of victory and agony of defeat". Not because "I just want an easy non-competitive win".

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not a Dak hater but this man just has not played well against good teams period.
He didn't play well against TB?
He didn't play well against NE?
He didn't play well against LV?

I would argue he played well against NO and ARI as well; drive after drive was killed by penalties and drops in the ARI game and he still managed a 106 rating with 3 TDs and no turnovers.

Aven8

Reaction score
For me it’s because they are a more physical team than us and their weakness is pass defense and I don’t trust Dak in these types of games to play at a high level.

I trust Dak way more than the Oline

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don't understand the concern over playing San Francisco. It doesn't matter how tough or easy the first-round opponent is, if we're going to make it to where we want to make it, we're going to have to beat some tough teams. Did some of you just want an easy draw so we would be a shoo-in to win a playoff game? That's not my target. San Francisco, Tampa Bay, Green Bay, LA, Arizona ... it doesn't matter. Getting to the Super Bowl is the goal. If we lose to the 49ers in the wild card, then it'll be pretty apparent we weren't getting there even if we had faced someone like Philly in the first round because better teams would have been waiting on us.
Because most that are scared have probably never encountered adversity.

GoldenR

Reaction score
He didn't play well against TB?
He didn't play well against NE?
He didn't play well against LV?

I would argue he played well against NO and ARI as well; drive after drive was killed by penalties and drops in the ARI game and he still managed a 106 rating with 3 TDs and no turnovers.
Tampas defense, stop it! Raiders lost to Washington and GIANTS! One more time, the GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Out of all the playoff games this weekend which one has the smallest home favorite, yep....Dallas -3

The Niners have a great TE, a good RB, a great pass rusher, a stud FULLBACK and a,,,,DeeBo. hell yes we should be scared,
We got the best pass rushing defense entering post season,, maybe Jimmy G should be scared.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
We got the best pass rushing defense entering post season,, maybe Jimmy G should be scared.

I don't think the Niners will pass that often. They will try to run the ball down our throat. Again and again. I hope we will be prepared for this.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don't think the Niners will pass that often. They will try to run the ball down our throat. Again and again.
Have to be ready for that,, Mitchell is a rook but a tricky RB to tackle.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tampas defense, stop it! Raiders lost to Washington and GIANTS! One more time, the GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!
They're all playoff teams.
TB gave up the second-fewest points in the NFC this year.

I get it. You've got your narrative and you're sticking to it. "Dak is bad against good teams. Therefore, whenever he's good, the other team is bad." I mean, you're seriously trying to argue that TB isn't a good team.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I don't understand the concern over playing San Francisco. It doesn't matter how tough or easy the first-round opponent is, if we're going to make it to where we want to make it, we're going to have to beat some tough teams. Did some of you just want an easy draw so we would be a shoo-in to win a playoff game? That's not my target. San Francisco, Tampa Bay, Green Bay, LA, Arizona ... it doesn't matter. Getting to the Super Bowl is the goal. If we lose to the 49ers in the wild card, then it'll be pretty apparent we weren't getting there even if we had faced someone like Philly in the first round because better teams would have been waiting on us.
I don’t understand too, all the playoff teams are going to be tough , they didnt get there for no reason.

Even if we had won the 2 seed and faced eggles , it wont be easy , they have a good OL and have a good running game. Their Defense still has Fletcher cox and slay. So you need the boys to tough it out and face whomsoever In front ,it wont be easy but doable.

ESisback

Reaction score
Why are some scared?

Because some take themselves/this game too seriously. Because it’s been so long since Dallas has done anything to justify the hype and the nickname. Because too many stupid and delusional people are so aggressively snarky about A GAME, made even more pathetic by it’s tenuous nature.