Why are we even fans of this franchise

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Are you playing doctor today?
Did your mum buy you a doctor's kit?
Are you hating on people again?
Why do the boys prefer not to play with you?
No I’m sticking up for the person you slammed for no reason

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
No I’m sticking up for the person you slammed for no reason
What person was that, Fake Doctor Boy?
Do you hang out at schools giving fake medical advice, or is it like a dream of yours to seem important? And relevant.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
No wonder why nobody has any respect for you.

Do you crave attention?
Is it a childhood thing you have?
Does your mum arrange play dates for you?
Are you the one who is never picked for a team.
How awful it must be to have your problems, Oliver.

ICP

Reaction score
Because I've been a fan since I was 5. That's 49 years and despite the lousy job the front office has done over the last 25 I just can't bring myself to root for another team

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Do you crave attention?
Is it a childhood thing you have?
Does your mum arrange play dates for you?
Are you the one who is never picked for a team.
How awful it must be to have your problems, Oliver.
No but I guess. According to your response you know something about those issues

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
No but I guess. According to your response you know something about those issues

Yes ... tell me about your dreams, young urchin.
Have you quit sleepwalking and taking neighbors' clothes off the clothes lines?

Scotman

Reaction score
Fan since birth...66. The Cowboys seemed to be everything that was right in the world. My dad was happy when they were on the TV...even when they made him mad. I'd watch Landry handle everything that came at him with grace and poise. I'd watch the world fall apart around Staubach and he'd someone find a way to make it work anyway.

The Cowboys represented hope and success. They provided me with a real sense of consistency in an otherwise chaotic world.

I won't quit the Cowboys. I might eventually quit football and stop watching. But, I'm not sure who I am without the memories of a 12" B&W television and America's Team on Sunday.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fan since the late 70s. More of a casual fan at this point. I now know what it’s like to be a Browns or Lions fan…very little hope.
That is interesting because I know two Browns fans and several Lions fans and they are as fired up as any Cowboys fan. For some, I think, the reward isn't in the results, it is in their loyalty. And the Browns fans, like the old Colts fans, were as mistreated as fans could get. Yet they took their new team in and made them their own.

I think we become better fans when we realize the fact that we are owed nothing in return.

I loved our first SB win and the 2nd was great and then the 3 out of 4 was special but nothing, not one win, has made me feel the way I did that day they showed their heart and what they were made of in Green Bay. A guy I used to work with was a native of Green Bay and was there with his Dad that day and his Dad had predicted the Cowboys would fold like a cheap suit in that kind of weather, they didn't have the fortitude that the Packers had. He said as they stood applauding at the end of the game, his Dad turned to him and said "I am clapping as much for the Cowboys. I was wrong about them".

He said the overriding tone that week in GB was the first "how bout dem Cowboys" from Packers fans, they had earned their admiration and respect.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes ... tell me about your dreams, young urchin.
Have you quit sleepwalking and taking neighbors' clothes off the clothes lines?
Tell you about my dreams. I don’t get that intimate with people I don’t really know. Go find someone else to Teach you

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Because I am a lightweight fair weather fan with rose tinted spectacles.

Sorry, old boy, we are overstocked with those fans, especially the embarrassing cheerleaders.
Wont you try L.A. Rams or Texans?

All the best,
Gimme, marketing genus

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
Hometown team, I grew up watching every game and could not imagine rooting for anyone else. Not old enough to remember the championships. I remember Emmitt breaking the record, Irvin and Aikman getting hurt then when Romo came it was the best football I ever seen.

I don't obsess over championships it'd be nice but doesn't change my desire to cheer.