Why are we even fans of this franchise

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Used to love the games in Texas Stadium with the shadows on the field. Would run in every Friday night when the show Dallas was on just to watch the beginning which included a flyover of the stadium.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I grew up in San Antonio, we used to play football on the hot asphalt streets, bare foot some times,,, depending on how fast you could find your shoes or not when a game was being declared.
Those were the best days of my life, in 110 degree blistering heat and running down the side of a street like it was a sideline, and emulating your heros like Preston Pearson, TD, even Golden Richards...
Best days ever brothers.... and sisters.
I played in the street too, the curb was boundrys, and driveways marked the end zones!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I am a longtime fan, but lets face it The nfl has changed , much of it for the worse.
The teams have changed, Commanders became the football team due to silly PC pressure.
The players have changed, they are corporations , diva's, and pampered whiners ,most of whom dont really
care about winning SB's

I used to like every player on the cowboys, or at least didnt dislike any , maybe 1 or so.

Now I find it hard to name a cowboy player I actually like, I dont like any of the coaches, so it is hard to get behind a team
composed of people you dont really care for.
Part of that is the media situation, they tell us way too much about the players, just like the sherman incident, did we
really need to know that? what good does it do us?
Well for me it makes me dislike him and the NFL less.
Do we really need to know how much they make? .....not really, but it is constantly thrown in our faces.
That also is a negative to NFL.
I still like to watch the games follow the season, and other teams besides cowboys, but I wouldnt buy any nfl gear,
or player jerseys.
It just isnt as good as it used to be.
Somehow I just cant get up for the Commander games like I used to, playing the football team lol , just doesn't cut it.

I have to agree with Areolithe, the cowboys are funny to keep up with because they are a "BIZZARE" org, and team.
They are always doing something weird, instead of being winners, they are just entertainers.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Growing up watching the Cowboys on Sunday with my dad is how I became a fan. I follow the team just out of some sort of tradition I guess.

I really dont have any sort of emotional attachment to this current team however, Jerry and his boy are complete idiots and most of the players are not really likeable, more worried about contracts and money than winning.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Was almost 6 at that time my dad got free tickets from some one back then but was at the 1st game played in the Cottonbowl also was the 1st NFL game I ever attended Been a fan since
Well I remember the first time I saw the inside of a professional stadium. Beautiful. I’m so glad you experienced that . Everybody has to go at least one game in their lifetime

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Used to love the games in Texas Stadium with the shadows on the field. Would run in every Friday night when the show Dallas was on just to watch the beginning which included a flyover of the stadium.
I forgot about the shadows on the sidelines. Home-field advantage

WinnipegBoy22

Reaction score
Dad was in the Canadian Military we were stationed in Germany from 69-76 so there was no football of any kind Soccer was all we got and the occasional hockey game if we were lucky. No english radio stations and no English TV. So we came back to Canada in 1976 and someone gave me a Cowboys t-shirt and my friend was a Dallas Cowboys fan so i jumped on the wagon and haven't gotten off since.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya know, sometimes it is good to just let things be as they are and have been and not ask yourself too many questions. I try not to self-examine things that are purely based on emotion and do not have a shred of logic to them. "Well, that's just the way I am'" works for me.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was never on the DC.com forums, but I spent time at The Ranch on the old Scout forums. That place was a free-for-all.

Most of the active people there wouldn't last a week here. They'd be banned before they ever made enough posts to lose the Rowdy avatar.
I got invited to another site and checked it out and didn't like it. It was too wild west and an example of how a site can get off the rails with too few safeguards. I am prone to cussing and it was pretty over the top for me.

We purge and vent here but that's not why this exists, that seemed to be the only reason that one did and I exited post haste.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let me ask you a question and DD52 touched on it above. What do the other 31 teams give their fans to talk about? I mean, if not for some of the goofy nonsensical things Booger can come out with, would this not be boring?

What do those other 31 teams give their fans? Football and the occasional bad boy or suspension or that mess known as the WFT and quite honestly, I would have expected that of the Cowboys if Booger's old lady and daughter weren't around so much.

Isn't part of Booger's job description delivering stuff for the fans to react to and discuss? While I do not like him, I do like what he provides in the way of entertainment for us here. There has never been another team owner like him, he has made the world forget Crazy Al and Steinbrenner.

kskboys

Reaction score
I got invited to another site and checked it out and didn't like it. It was too wild west and an example of how a site can get off the rails with too few safeguards. I am prone to cussing and it was pretty over the top for me.

We purge and vent here but that's not why this exists, that seemed to be the only reason that one did and I exited post haste.
Me too. It got so bad guys were openly discussing their hoohas.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
There’s something mentally wrong with you today. Come on you’re better than this

Are you playing doctor today?
Did your mum buy you a doctor's kit?
Are you hating on people again?
Why do the boys prefer not to play with you?

lukin2006

Reaction score
Fan since the late 70s. More of a casual fan at this point. I now know what it’s like to be a Browns or Lions fan…very little hope.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
I became a fan on January 1, 1967, the day of the first Packer-NFL Championship game. My dad had a bet on the Cowboys with a guy at work and as I walked across the room I heard the mention of "Dallas". Even as a kid I loved everything Texas, so I sat down and was transfixed by the game. We lost that one with Meredith throwing a desperation pass in the endzone to lose it. On Dec. 31st that year we lost the Ice Bowl, but I was hooked. These days I root for them still because the Cowboys became part of my DNA, they were ingrained into me the same way that family, and other .loyalities are acquired as a child. But it's been real hard for a long time to love the team and the players, and on Sundays more and more I find myself doing chores with the game on the in .background. It's hard to get excited when you're down by 14 midway through the first quarter. Heck, I probably follow the NFL most closely because of fantasy football and the players on my team than love of the game anymore.