Why are you a Cowboys fan?

dcstar

Reaction score
Been a fan since the beginning. Too old to change now.

Truth be told...I am also a Oakland Raiders fan from way back...back then it was the AFL (1960's version) and NFL so I had a team in each league since they didn't co-mingle. Wide open offense for back then. Flores then Lamonica relieved by incomparable Mr Blanda.

Thankfully the two never met in the Super Bowl so never a quandary.

Them were the days. B&W 18 inch Zenith with rabbit ears and requisite tin foil. Yep...them were the days.

Go Cowboys!

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Born in Dallas. Really not much if any more or other reason. Pretty simple.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Been a fan since the beginning. Too old to change now.

Truth be told...I am also a Oakland Raiders fan from way back...back then it was the AFL (1960's version) and NFL so I had a team in each league since they didn't co-mingle. Wide open offense for back then. Flores then Lamonica relieved by incomparable Mr Blanda.

Thankfully the two never met in the Super Bowl so never a quandary.

Them were the days. B&W 18 inch Zenith with rabbit ears and requisite tin foil. Yep...them were the days.

Go Cowboys!
Frank Youell field days

kristie

Reaction score
I’ve always been loved football, but I didn’t became a cowboys fans until I was in high school.(this was in 1992)

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Born and raised in Texas to a Family of Cowboys fans. I’m a 90’s kid so the Triplets and 3 Super Bowls were my childhood.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I love the star, I love it it represents. That does not mean I am a fan of every team this franchise has put on the field. Yes I will support them. I can also critique them. For some reason people think you say something negative about a player and all of a sudden you're a hater. Or if you support somebody you automatically a homer. Personally I am an individual I and I alone choose what I like or don't like. And what I like is the star. How could you not love it it represents. Go Cowboys forever

Mainly spite. I went to college at UPenn which was inundated with Commander, Eagles, and Giants fans. They're all the worst.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
I was born in Dallas.

My biological father (raised mostly by my late step-dad) worked for Control Data.

He did a lot of the transfers from paper to mainframe. He worked for the Dallas PD before I was born. Worked on contract for the Cowboys when I was a kid.

He hated the Cowboys, he was a Giants fan. 1st Generation Italian born in NY and came to Leveland TX when he was young.

On my Mom's side, fifth generation Texan, so my brother and I grew up loving the Cowboys and we got an inside track as kids when our father worked with the team.

So, I got kind a fantasy look when I was young. I was in Tex Schramm's house. We had Cowboys players in our house in the early 80's playing games like Braingames on our Atari 2600.

I got a signed helmet by Roger Staubach and Tony Dorsett by by 4th birthday. Got Chopper Command for the 2600 from Crazy Ray on my 6th Birthday.

Years later after divorces and moving out of state, lost those connections, but I never lost my love for the team. I literally grew up with it. I can't excise it from who I am, don't want to.

I may get mad at the Cowboys, may get frustrated, but it's part of me. I'm here till the end.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I lived in Mesquite and Irving TX for 7 years back in the 80s. I was a serious racquetball amateur tournaments player and got to ref and play with Cowboys and other NFL team players in their off season league at what was the Irving Athletic Club. I got hooked on the team and football hanging out with some of the Cowboys players at the sandwich shop at the club. I also remember one time going to a Dallas pet store with my girlfriend at the time and Harvey Martin came in, he had dibs on the same beautiful yellow labrador retriever we inquired about buying and graciously stepped out of the way. I will never forget that kindness from that giant of a man.

Flamma

Reaction score
When I was really young my father chose an odd way to introduce and encourage me to watch sports. Gambling. He would bet me a dollar here and there on games to get me to watch. Of course it was my birthday and Christmas money. I started liking the Cowboys to spite my father and his love of the Steelers. Otherwise I probably would have ended up a Giants fan because I live in NJ. I'll admit, I also loved the uniform, the star, and the coach and his intimidating look at the time. Heck, I was a little kid, what do I care about geography? Once it stuck there was no turning back. When I retire within the next decade I will move to Texas because of the Cowboys. Because Texas is as good or better than any other state I was considering, so why not go to where your favorite team plays?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Go Cowboys!

I remember fiddling with rabbit ears and foil trying to get a grainy picture from a station hours away. Now I'm miffed if the game isn't in HD. :muttley: