Why can't we be happy?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Criticize after victory to keep the players humble. Cheer up the players in defeat so they don’t lose confidence.

Sunshine pumping threads are boring. Everyone is happy with the record and the team but discussions need a point/counterpoint to be interesting.
I don’t think what we write on this website is that important to the players. At least I hope it isn’t.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is an open message board.
We have avowed Eagles' fans chit-chatting up in here and I applaud the few good ones, but we also have about a 15% chatty clientele that likes to actively rile up the board for (usually) their own narcissistic reasons and then that can cause a chain effect.

Thankfully, we have some super-cool posters active up in here and I still have true moments of enjoyment reading this board.

Even though I don't post much anymore (been busy and a few posters were exhausting during the off-season), my love hasn't diminished.
I thought I was happy about the team doing well, but now that you pointed it out I realize it probably has more to do with you not posting much anymore …:)

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I thought I was happy about the team doing well, but now that you pointed it out I realize it probably has more to do with you not posting much anymore …:)
Ouch. Well... oh well.

waving monkey

Reaction score
5-1, could be 6-0 or even 3-3.....I'm happy and excited about our team.....I don't understand all the negatives.....are some of you just being cautiously optimistic, or just negative?
Dak is good, Zeke is good our receivers are good, our
TEs and OL are good, our defense is above average.....we good....

“If you were easier on yourself, you wouldn't be so tough on everyone else.”
― Kate McGahan

glimmerman

Reaction score
Will he need to practice? Is that worth the risk?
More or less taking enough snaps to see how much it will loosen up. Not sure how many action snaps they take during a walk through. I hear that term used but not sure exactly what it is. If there is a serious possibility of further injury I would have him ready if needed but start backup.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
More or less taking enough snaps to see how much it will loosen up. Not sure how many action snaps they take during a walk through. I hear that term used but not sure exactly what it is. If there is a serious possibility of further injury I would have him ready if needed but start backup.
I don't have the knowledge to know what is best in this situation but I'm smart enough to rely on the advice of the medical staff and trainers. I also understand there is the possibility they may advise that Dak should sit out a game or two. With our large lead in the division, I don't see Dak sitting out as a bad thing, but as I said, I'm relying on the advice of others that know better than me.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I’m super excited. I’m pleasantly surprised. Lots of adjectives!

JG’s filth however has made everyone gun shy so it’s a natural thing for people to be cautious.
This isn’t JG’s Cowboys anymore folks!

Thank goodness for that! :thumbup:

Batman1980

Reaction score
It's nice that that talking about the Super Bowl could be part of a realistic conversation. Not just some pipe dream.

Today's team is probably better than 2007, 2009, 2014, 2016 and 2018. 2006 was good and had a better coach so there's an argument to be made for that one. However, Romo was severely raw so who knows if he could've taken us deep into the play-offs that early in his career. My guess is no.

visionary

Reaction score
5-1, could be 6-0 or even 3-3.....I'm happy and excited about our team.....I don't understand all the negatives.....are some of you just being cautiously optimistic, or just negative?
Dak is good, Zeke is good our receivers are good, our
TEs and OL are good, our defense is above average.....we good....

I’m happy

maybe the question you should be asking is “why can’t I be happy”

:muttley:

Big_D

Reaction score
Today's team is probably better than 2007, 2009, 2014, 2016 and 2018. 2006 was good and had a better coach so there's an argument to be made for that one. However, Romo was severely raw so who knows if he could've taken us deep into the play-offs that early in his career. My guess is no.

2006 was very good. Parcells had them well on their way. Then Jerry screwed that up after BP left. The coaching hires, the Roy Williams trade, the special teams draft. not getting Romo any line help. He took what could've been a nice window and instead ran them into the ground.

Last edited:

Zman5

Reaction score
We want more Hooker and we'll be all happier.

Just be thankful I didn't say we all need more Jabril to be happier

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think we’ve just been conditioned to expect the good times to end; that success is fleeting, and there HAS TO be trouble around the next corner.

I love where this team seems to be headed. But at the same time, I’m scared it’ll all come crashing down haha. Could you imagine how great it’d be to see the cowboys make a conference championship game, or super Bowl, again???

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Anyone under 35 tend to be a crybaby snowflake in general. :popcorn:

Last edited:

Bates

Reaction score
Lol......great point. What is the team and coaches focusing on this week?

Are they jumping around like happy go lucky idiots or are they concentrating on mistakes they made?

Its a victory week, their reading the critical judgments on cowboyszone to stay humble.