Why can't we be happy?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I dislike telling people how to cheer for their teams.

I get the people afraid of disappointment so they keep a "level" head.
I get the euphoria of living in the moment and hoping for more.

It's all human nature.

willia451

Reaction score
5-1, could be 6-0 or even 3-3.....I'm happy and excited about our team.....I don't understand all the negatives.....are some of you just being cautiously optimistic, or just negative?
Dak is good, Zeke is good our receivers are good, our
TEs and OL are good, our defense is above average.....we good....

I'm very happy. And calm. What? I don't look calm to you?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
5-1, could be 6-0 or even 3-3.....I'm happy and excited about our team.....I don't understand all the negatives.....are some of you just being cautiously optimistic, or just negative?

I'm always happy!!

b9525b6834566f9a0e3be2af7c746d04_w200.gif

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

Who is "we", you have a mouse in your pocket? lol. As long as you are happy is what counts, some can be sad...

lukin2006

Reaction score
I think it could be 21/2 decades of disappointment with some fans. I agree this team is crazy good on O. I think the D will be better in December as they get more accustomed to Quinn’s system. I think we are going on super bowl run…another positive is that in years past they lost games like Sunday…not anymore.

RS12

Reaction score
Too the contrary I think people are happy but 26 years of ground hogs day would leave most with I will believe it when I see it attitude. And you cant blame them for it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Because people are never happy. People have to MAKE up stuff to be unhappy about so they can be happy.

I actually think the great majority of us...ARE! Great majority have noted what a different team this is..and THAT...in happiness.

Some of us have a very low bar for what we think is "happy".

"Dak fumbled 6 times already he needs to clean that up"

"WHY AREN'T YOU HAPPY YOU MFER!"...

So who is happy and who isn;t...is subjective. Maybe complaining about who isn't happy...is unhappy?

Not making accusations just posing a question for discussion.
You sound unhappy.

pansophy

Reaction score
It's hard to trust this team because we are inconsistent and we still have many of the same problems as we did last year.

2021 stats that also plagued us in 2020
1. 2021 Redzone offense (TDs): 25th
2. 2021 Redzone defense (TDs): 23rd
3. 2021 FG made %: 18th
4. 2021 Defense Yards given up per completion: 27th
5. 2021 Penalties per game: 30th

We dominated Tampa Bay in so many areas of the game, and we also made so many more mistakes than they did. The more consistent team won rather than more talented. We can get away with that with bad teams like the Eagles and Giants, but it's going to bite us against better teams. We should have destroyed New England, but needed overtime because of the problems named above.

Turnover differential and a big-play offense are the two reasons why we are 5-1. If turnovers dry up we are in trouble if we don't fix these issues.

coult44

Reaction score
Criticize after victory to keep the players humble. Cheer up the players in defeat so they don’t lose confidence.

Sunshine pumping threads are boring. Everyone is happy with the record and the team but discussions need a point/counterpoint to be interesting.

Do you really think the players look or listen to fans??? The ones who do aren’t champions!!!

coult44

Reaction score
It's hard to trust this team because we are inconsistent and we still have many of the same problems as we did last year.

2021 stats that also plagued us in 2020
1. 2021 Redzone offense (TDs): 25th
2. 2021 Redzone defense (TDs): 23rd
3. 2021 FG made %: 18th
4. 2021 Defense Yards given up per completion: 27th
5. 2021 Penalties per game: 30th

We dominated Tampa Bay in so many areas of the game, and we also made so many more mistakes than they did. The more consistent team won rather than more talented. We can get away with that with bad teams like the Eagles and Giants, but it's going to bite us against better teams. We should have destroyed New England, but needed overtime because of the problems named above.

Turnover differential and a big-play offense are the two reasons why we are 5-1. If turnovers dry up we are in trouble if we don't fix these issues.
You sir , ARE AN IDIOT!!! The Ranch still has a forum, go visit it

coult44

Reaction score
What's wrong with being cautiously optimistic? We've been down this path before with Romo and Dak a few times. We've seen this episode already. We know who our owner is. So we cheer our team on but we expect the usual.

and...what if someone is negative? What's the big deal? Why can't you homers just move about your day and let them be them? It's like the girl who HAS to change the bad boy.

What has Jerry and the FO not done that you want them to do? And you’re talking to a very outspoken Jones and DC FO critic.

coult44

Reaction score
We started out 11-1 in 2016 and we couldn't even win a single playoff game.

what does 2016 have to do with anything? We were 1-15 Troys first year. What does that have to do with anything. Same thing

coult44

Reaction score
We could win the Super Bowl and you’d still have guys here say it doesn’t matter because we won’t win two in a row!!!