Video: Why Dak is the most accurate. NFL Network

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I think just to make all the Romo butt hurt Prescott haters happy, we should trade Dak, TODAY, hell according to these experts he sucks so save the money, trade him to say Denver or hell I bet the vagiants would even give us a good deal for him. Now at 19, we need to give up ALL our picks this year, plus a 1st and 2nd next to get down so we can grab us one of these super star, all pro QB's coming out in the draft.... I mean really, that might shut them up once they have to deal with a 0-16 season. Me, well I'm a fan, and I think this kid Prescott was a steal at #4 2 yrs ago, but hey I certainly don't have the football IQ of all these experts trashing a 24 game winning in 2 seasons player.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Most QB's throw the ball up in certain areas and it's the Wr's job to get it, they are not all throwing at the guy, they are throwing to a spot. People kill me with their rational on this, great QB's depend on great Wr's. you think all the ugly, hail mary, pop up plays that A. Rodgers does is accuracy? gimme a break
Dak will get there!

Haha. The spin is strong with you.

Ken

Reaction score
I'm not saying that they are open. I'm saying Dak tends to lock on to to those 2 guys and decides to make those throws. Witten in particular has really good hands and catches everything in his vicinity. But go look at the video this guy is using to prove his point. Wide open Rod Smith crossing under the middle and Dak chooses to throw to Witten with a LB draped on him. Play results in a TD but it was not the smart throw.
And if he made the "safe" throw you guys would be saying he can't get the ball in the end zone.

jday

Reaction score
Kudos for re-invigorating the Zone discussion in the lead up to the draft. Things were getting a bit boring. I predict a minimum of 10 pages of comments.

BTW, not sarcasm... It was getting a bit boring

;)
Agreed :thumbup:

:popcorn:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Which clips are you talking about Fuzzy? Because the only clip I see in that video where Dak passes on a “wide open” receiver is the aforementioned touchdown to Witten.

Where Witten was his primary read. The running back breaks free, but at that time Dak is already winding up and throwing the ball to Witten.

I also didn’t notice any bad throw to Dez in those clips either. Although admittedly he threw a lot of bad passes to Dez last season.

You don't think the jumpball was a poor throw? It is supposed to be placed about a couple feet higher where it hits Dez in the chest. Instead it was going to hit the DB in the back of the head if not Dez adjusting to the ball.

Romo has talked about this. You are supposed to place the ball 3 feet above Dez's head. That throw had Dez not been jumping would have ebeen at his head. It's a poorly placed ball.

And you are building strawmen for the rest. Can you see a receiver running free? Yes you can.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That it your interpretation. It could also mean that they choose not to make those throws. Stafford is a gun slinger. He's never seen a window that he didn't think he could fit the ball. Dak is not in his league.

If Dak throws that ball to Rod Smith rather than Witten, he's less of a QB? This stat was literally invented in the past few months. Its garbage. The irony is that Dak made better decisions as a rookie than he did last season, and the proof is in the pudding. He was not a top 10 QB last year.
Why are you stuck on this one play? Who cares isn't he didn't get it to Rod Smith. Much respect to Smith but in the red zone I trust Witten over most guys on this team.

Dak had a bad second half. No escaping that.

Anyone who watches the Cowboys play knows this playbook is outdated and predictable. If you watch the Patriots play you see all game their receivers get open whether it's from pick plays or simply route running.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think just to make all the Romo butt hurt Prescott haters happy, we should trade Dak, TODAY, hell according to these experts he sucks so save the money, trade him to say Denver or hell I bet the vagiants would even give us a good deal for him. Now at 19, we need to give up ALL our picks this year, plus a 1st and 2nd next to get down so we can grab us one of these super star, all pro QB's coming out in the draft.... I mean really, that might shut them up once they have to deal with a 0-16 season. Me, well I'm a fan, and I think this kid Prescott was a steal at #4 2 yrs ago, but hey I certainly don't have the football IQ of all these experts trashing a 24 game winning in 2 seasons player.
Romo got into the hearts and loins of some fans and they will never let go. No matter who the QB is. To the point they'll put all the blame on them and not incompetent WR's.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Why are you stuck on this one play? Who cares isn't he didn't get it to Rod Smith. Much respect to Smith but in the red zone I trust Witten over most guys on this team.

Dak had a bad second half. No escaping that.

Anyone who watches the Cowboys play knows this playbook is outdated and predictable. If you watch the Patriots play you see all game their receivers get open whether it's from pick plays or simply route running.

Likely because Dak's ability to read the field and find open receivers is a concern of his. I think it is a justified concern.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That QB rating is pretty mediocre. A TD:INT ratio south of 2 is worse. 3.3K yards is not impressive either.

You expect people to look at those numbers and feel good about them?
I think it was more so the "2nd year qb" he wanted you guys to pay attention to.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You don't think the jumpball was a poor throw? It is supposed to be placed about a couple feet higher where it hits Dez in the chest. Instead it was going to hit the DB in the back of the head if not Dez adjusting to the ball.

Romo has talked about this. You are supposed to place the ball 3 feet above Dez's head. That throw had Dez not been jumping would have ebeen at his head. It's a poorly placed ball.

And you are building strawmen for the rest. Can you see a receiver running free? Yes you can.

If you can see them, go ahead and name
Them then. Those clips don’t show any besides the one I mentioned.

That’s not a straw man. It’s asking you to simply name all the multiple ones you’re supposedly talking about.

And the pass to Dez wasn’t a bad pass. It wasn’t perfect, but it wasn’t a bad pass either. Dez makes a very nice catch, but it wasn’t some horribly thrown ball and a miracle catch.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Likely because Dak's ability to read the field and find open receivers is a concern of his. I think it is a justified concern.

It’s a justified concern, with a horrible example, considering that with the play in question, throwing to Witten was the right decision.

Smith doesn’t even break free until Dak is already into his throwing motion, to throw to Witten. And Witten was “open” by Jason Witten standards.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Is that why the Packers blew up their WR corps? Because they are all just getting open?

Dak misses open receivers constantly. He either doesn't look at the whole field or just straight up doesn't see them. He needs to improve reading the field and thankfully that is something QBs do improve on so there is hope.

Unfortunately, his coach has never coached before.
Packers were 5 deep at receiver. They got rid of Nelson who fell off. Who else did they get rid of?

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I remember an interview with Irvin, it was a game against SF, and he stated, I was running a ?? route to the corner of the end zone, I looked back and couldn't see Aikman, then all of a sudden the ball was there, I asked him later if he even saw me and he said, no, so I asked him, then how did you know to throw the ball, he answer, because I knew you would be there! It's not always about the "open" receiver, it's a lot more about throwing to a "spot" on the field. Dak Prescott is in his 3rd season now, hell hasn't even started it yet, and if you cannot see the potential we have in this QB, then there is simply no hope for you. Go be a foreskin fan, or vagiants because your not rallying behind what will be a great NFL QB for the cowboys. and yes, if Dak falls on his arse, I will come back here and eat these words.

DFWJC

Reaction score
No Rodgers on that list is ALARMING.
Its comical. No Rodgers, Brees, or Brady.
A lot of common sense is left out of Next Gen's work.

Some stats results are due to circular logic.
Oh well

Here's to hoping Dak has a great 2018

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I like Dak. I championed him during the draft and was very happy we drafted him, but there's no getting around the fact that he was bad last year.

Bad? Really? Check the stats - the guy was an MVP candidate until the ATL game when the offensive coaching staff allowed him to get killed. He was not the same after.