Video: Why Dak is the most accurate. NFL Network

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
This is one of those "eye of the beholder" deals. It is not a real stat. Its a flawed and has more to do with the judgement of the QB than accuracy. In fact, in one segment of this video clip, Dak chose to throw the ball in a tight window to witten b/c he flat out missed a wide open Rod Smith coming out of the backfield. Dak throws in a lot of tight windows b/c he's locking onto guys and not seeing the whole field.

Just look at this list. No Brady, Brees, or Rodgers? I can't take a stat seriously that is missing all 3 of those guys.

The options dak had to throw to last year were a joke. You had a #1 that is actually an inconsistent #2. A 2# with no hands that is actually a #3. A #3 that is being triple teamed which is your safety net. And a slow hasbeen TE that the FO is too emotionally attached to. I am not even going to mention Brice butler or the coaching staff because that does this whole situation not a lick of justice.

You cant compare what we have to competent coaching and better players.

Wizarus

Reaction score
Romo got into the hearts and loins of some fans and they will never let go. No matter who the QB is. To the point they'll put all the blame on them and not incompetent WR's.
How can you say this when we've only had 1 QB since Romo left?

BlindFaith

Reaction score
I think the stat is legit I just don't know if I'd call it a accuracy test. This is more of a "my wide receivers can't get open and my playbook is outdated and predictable" test,
It's not. They actually call it Aggressiveness.

It demonstrates how risk adverse they are. Dak is not afraid to test small windows.

And if he had a much higher interception rate and a lower completion % it could be a concern.

But he was 13th in completion %. And while his interceptions did go up from his all time record breaking streak for a rookie last year, it still was not that bad.

Wizarus

Reaction score
What are you talking about?
If you've said no matter who the QB is, when we've only had Dak. Obviously he's going to be compared to Romo, especially when there's currently no competition for the QB position.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Its comical. No Rodgers, Brees, or Brady.
A lot of common sense is left out of Next Gen's work.

Some stats results are due to circular logic.
Oh well

Here's to hoping Dak has a great 2018
This is not a Stat that directly translates to talent. It demonstrates two things. That the QB is aggressive and or that the recievers he throws to have little to no separation.

Unless you break down every play to see if there were other players less covered and in the context of how the play is designed and what the reads are based on coverage, we have no idea if Dak was going to the right guy.

The eye ball test on separation says we don't have recievers or TEs getting much.

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If you've said no matter who the QB is, when we've only had Dak. Obviously he's going to be compared to Romo, especially when there's currently no competition for the QB position.
There have been other QBs. When Romo was out from injury.

kskboys

Reaction score
This is not a Stat that directly translates to talent. It demonstrates two things. That the QB is aggressive and or that the recievers he throws to have little to no separation.

Unless you break down every play to see if there were other players less covered and in the context of how the play is designed and what the reads are based on coverage, we have no idea if Dak was going to the right guy.

The eye ball test on separation says we don't have recievers or TEs getting much.
Nicely done.

I'm a Dak supporter, and it was obvious some flaws were exposed that he needs to work on. Since he is a tireless worker w/ a great attitude, I'm thinking we're going to see some major improvements next season.

There's just no reason to cherry pick some stats to say how good Dak was last season. He's a talented young QB who needs work, and he's willing to put the work in.

vlad

Reaction score
I believe these next gen stats also showed that Dez was on par with most top WRs in terms of separation. Outside of Tyreek Hill it seems like they are all around 2.5+/- a few tenths. He and Julio are for example the same.

I personally feel like our scheme makes it easier to defend our players. I would love to see just one rub route...or maybe Zeke who is a beast in the passing game more. As much as they run him it still feels like they don't utilize him most effectively to stress out the D...its just more like pound the hell out of him. My 2 cents.

Maybe then Dak wouldn't have to lead this stat, because more than being about a great passer or poor WRs (suddenly separation monster Beasley can no longer??) it say its about a poor scheme

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You mean those back ups that no team would make their starting QB? Isn't that why we drafted Dak in the first place?
Whatever the case, it wasn't just Dak and Romo. That wasn't even my point. I feel strongly it wouldn't matter who else we had at QB. That was.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm not saying that they are open. I'm saying Dak tends to lock on to to those 2 guys and decides to make those throws. Witten in particular has really good hands and catches everything in his vicinity. But go look at the video this guy is using to prove his point. Wide open Rod Smith crossing under the middle and Dak chooses to throw to Witten with a LB draped on him. Play results in a TD but it was not the smart throw.
Well if he looks into receivers it worked pretty good in 2016. See how silly your argument is?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The options dak had to throw to last year were a joke. You had a #1 that is actually an inconsistent #2. A 2# with no hands that is actually a #3. A #3 that is being triple teamed which is your safety net. And a slow hasbeen TE that the FO is too emotionally attached to. I am not even going to mention Brice butler or the coaching staff because that does this whole situation not a lick of justice.

You cant compare what we have to competent coaching and better players.
And no running game, left tackle or left guard.

kskboys

Reaction score
I believe these next gen stats also showed that Dez was on par with most top WRs in terms of separation. Outside of Tyreek Hill it seems like they are all around 2.5+/- a few tenths. He and Julio are for example the same.

I personally feel like our scheme makes it easier to defend our players. I would love to see just one rub route...or maybe Zeke who is a beast in the passing game more. As much as they run him it still feels like they don't utilize him most effectively to stress out the D...its just more like pound the hell out of him. My 2 cents.

Maybe then Dak wouldn't have to lead this stat, because more than being about a great passer or poor WRs (suddenly separation monster Beasley can no longer??) it say its about a poor scheme
Same thing. If you think Dez separates well, I'd have to conclude you're not watching him all that closely.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well if he looks into receivers it worked pretty good in 2016. See how silly your argument is?

If I had said anything about 2016, you might have a point. But as usual, you are just here stirring the pot. Clearly, you don't see any difference between Dak in 2016 and 2017 which is basically akin to acknowledging that you don't pay attention to details.

See how silly involving yourself in this discussion really is? Go back to sleep.