Video: Why Dak Prescott is Actually the Most Accurate QB in the NFL | NFL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billyd

Reaction score
None of these qbs you bums have mentioned would have played better than Dak under the circumstances..Like I said over and over, you guys are not facing up to the global issues. IF it was just Dak then id have that opinion, it wasnt..Now if Dak plays like that this season with 16 games of a healthy oline, Elliot for 16, Yada then maybe. This is his third season...Remember i still believe not going back to Romo was a mistake, so Im not defending Dak for that reason, I just think you guys are not evaluating him or the rest of the issues properly...New car smell fans!

CPanther95

Reaction score
None of these qbs you bums have mentioned would have played better than Dak under the circumstances..Like I said over and over, you guys are not facing up to the global issues. IF it was just Dak then id have that opinion, it wasnt..Now if Dak plays like that this season with 16 games of a healthy oline, Elliot for 16, Yada then maybe. This is his third season...Remember i still believe not going back to Romo was a mistake, so Im not defending Dak for that reason, I just think you guys are not evaluating him or the rest of the issues properly...New car smell fans!

If Dak was a victim of circumstances in 2017, I certainly wouldn't judge his future based on 2018 where they've built a roster without a receiving corps.

That doesn't seem fair at all.

erod

Reaction score
I don't know where you get the info that he can't sit in the pocket and go through his progressions. I have seen him do this many times. If he would focus on Dez or Jason in the past, it was because they either demanded it or he was comfortable throwing to them. As of now, he will be able to survey the whole field and make his reads. I have confidence that he will. I assume that you don't
No you haven't seen it because he doesn't do it. He holds the ball forever then takes off if his first read doesn't get WIDE open.

Number1

Reaction score
No you haven't seen it because he doesn't do it. He holds the ball forever then takes off if his first read doesn't get WIDE open.

Frankly, that's exactly what doesn't happen with Dak. He works progressions as well as any QB in the game. At the top of the job description are words "does not panic". He's as methodical in play execution as they come.

Other than his short touch, under 5 yards, it's very hard to find many faults in his game. That's why he throws so few screens. Throwing 10y - 25y yard mid range patterns, no one is better at it in the modern NFL. In a timing system you'd have to go back to Aikman or Warner to find anyone as good. When you see articles calling Dak the most accurate tight window thrower in the game - it's true.

And that don't happen *in this system* without very disciplined execution of progressions and monster arm.

Last edited:

Tarheelcowboy

Reaction score
Frankly, that's exactly what doesn't happen with Dak. He works progressions as well as any QB in the game. At the top of the job description are words "does not panic". He's as methodical in play execution as they come.

Other than his short touch, under 5 yards, it's very hard to find many faults in his game. That's why he throws so few screens. Throwing 10y - 25y yard mid range patterns, no one is better at it in the modern NFL. In a timing system you'd have to go back to Aikman or Warner to find anyone as good. When you see articles calling Dak the most accurate tight window thrower in the game - it's true.

And that don't happen *in this system* without very disciplined execution of progressions and monster arm.

Lol....he can't read defense at all...dink and dunk check down... and for the record 20 yards is considered deep passes not mid range and he sucks at it. Most accurate is just Ludacris !

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Some of you will believe anything to make yourselves feel better about this heavily flawed QB.

I mean the man himself said the number 1 thing he needs to work on is accuracy, but nope he's still the "most accurate QB in the league" :facepalm:

I swear some of you were in a coma all of last season.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Some of you will believe anything to make yourselves feel better about this heavily flawed QB.

I mean the man himself said the number 1 thing he needs to work on is accuracy, but nope he's still the "most accurate QB in the league" :facepalm:

I swear some of you were in a coma all of last season.
Yeah he does need to work on things. He was raw coming out of college as most mid-rounders are. So far we've seen some good, and some bad.
My gut says he improves, becomes more consistent with his footwork and levels out
as a top 15-ish QB.
I don't think he'll ever be an MVP type QB
but hopefully he can mature and become more consistent on his throws.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Exactly.

If Prescott was throwing this many erratic passes as people claim, they absolutely would show up in the stats. People have made up their minds about Prescott and their eyes only want to see what will then support their already formed conclusion.
Screenshot-4946-copy.jpg

Haimerej

Reaction score
A majority of it is...

Inarguably he's dropped it, but we'd need to see PFF's yearly breakdown of uncatchable balls to know if he were truly the biggest reason for the size of the drop. He could be around mid 60s if the Weeden/Cassel/Moore crew were much lower than him.

ESisback

Reaction score
The little minds forget the little things even when we're winning. You can pretend Dak did great his 2nd year and had no underlying issues from his rookie year. In 2018 I'll judge again based on what I see, whether he improves or not. If he improves, great, if not then I expect you to roll out more of these stats to make yourself feel better about your big mind.

What if Dak throws 27 INTs? Eli did!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Our receivers last the last few years run poor routes and lack explosion. We have been slow across the board and have an outdated scheme.

I watch the Eagles and Steelers play and I see their players running Wide Open frequently- I feel like I never see that in our offense.

This goes back a ways for us.

Watch the All Romo/TO TDs and All Romo/Dez TDs. It's stunning to watch how much separation TO got compared to Dez.

But as for Dak being most accurate, this shows our receivers getting the least separation.

Does NextGen have a stat for QB misses? Dak threw a lot of bad balls on open receivers too.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Inarguably he's dropped it, but we'd need to see PFF's yearly breakdown of uncatchable balls to know if he were truly the biggest reason for the size of the drop. He could be around mid 60s if the Weeden/Cassel/Moore crew were much lower than him.
I hear you.

But Dez played 6 games with those guys over the past 3 years and with Romo/Dak he played 32 games

ESisback

Reaction score
I always thought Waving monkey was Jerry Jones incognito,now I'm positive its Dak Prescott!

Here's the reality there WM .....Dak will be remembered as another Jerry Failed venture and by this time next year we will be here posting on our new QB whoever he might end up being......Dak Prescott=Tim Tebow....sorry Tim....no insult intended....

I understand if you don’t like Dak, but putting him on the Tebow level kinda makes most folks roll their eyes.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I think we better watch how Dak does in Training Camp, following by the preseason and regular season. I'm pretty sure we'll find out who Dak is by the end of the season, and I take that over any article someone will clench tightly to in their hands as proof that Dak is elite. XD It seems to me that there enough fools writing articles or doing analysis that you can find one to prove any point you trying to make these days. I saw Dak struggle at the end of last season and no magic article is going to erase that. We'll all see if Dak is truly special this year or if it was just a gimmick

Status
Not open for further replies.