Why Dak still sucks

khiladi

Reaction score
His performance yesterday proved it. When he's decent/acceptable, as I believe he was last night, we get to see what this team could be with good QBing.

Now, they still need better coaching, playcalling and receivers, not to forget deficits on D. But consistently good QB play is on top of the wishlist.

The less critically gifted out there will overlook all the flaws Dak still displayed yesterday, even when at his best.

Apparently Dak is not like Patrick Mahomes, because Mahomes is surrounded by talent, the same talent that Alex Smith was surrounded by with the exclusion of Sammy Watkins, who is over-rated anyways..

lopey

Reaction score
In the third quarter ALONE, Dak THREW it nine times and the tenth was when he broke pocket after spinning into the DT to the right, but escaped for that gain. Dak homers, as justification for the fact he couldn’t break 200 yards passing, are pinning this like the Cowboys just decided to stop passed. Dak tried PASSING around 70% of the time in third quarter and his most successful play was when he broke pocket on a three man rush, almost spinning himself into a sack.

He made one awful throw that should on the almost INT by Ramsey and the other, series when Heath put them at the Jaguars 8, he threw it twice and cane away with a field goal. The problem with the Ramsey throw was that it was right after Kaguars matched up the field and scored a TD, meaning it could have easily shifted the momentum and put it at 24-14 if they had any competent offense. The next field goal was the off worst throw in NFL history by Bortles to Heath.

Then came the fumble by the Jags and Dallas decided they had enough and ran it with Zeke pretty much every time.

The Jaguars basically adjusted after their incompetent first half and Dak was Dak. The defense also got its TOs against this garbage Jags offense that turned it over five times last week and allowed the Cowboys to pull ahead while Dak floundered passing.

The point being Dak couldn’t even break 200 yards passing when he was still TRYING.
Wow Just Wow. Guy plays a good game, throw 2 TDs and no picks and we still complain?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Apparently me being here for more than a decade and calling out Drew Bledsoe’s play and Garrett’s garbage playcalling when people were riding his jock is being a troll..
That's just what we all do when we disagree with someone. Same way I call some of these guys Dak groupies it's life on a messageboard lol

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
200 yards is arbitrary. He had an efficient day passing and was great on the ground. Just a strange thread to bring up the day after he plays well.

Right.
I will take a sub 200 yard passing game every game, if we roll up 40 points, 200 yards on the ground, and the D plays like it did.

We win, and people whine Dak didn't throw for over 200 yards. Only Cowboys fans whine about a win.
I am not getting over hyped from this, but I am damn well going to enjoy it.

lopey

Reaction score
Almost as strange as the thousand threads trying to say Dak had the greatest game ever and the reason he didn’t break 200 yards passing is because they hung it up on the third, yet Dak went heavy pass and he continued his trend of major suckage in the third quarter.

Guy couldn’t even get thirty yards passing to break 200 yards when trying to throw ten passes on the third in this context, when everything went right around him.

Dak tried throwing it TEN times in the third quarter. How did they not try to get Dak 200 yards passing?
Who cares if he did not throw for 200 yards, we won the game convincingly... Stats man who cares if you win

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
In the third quarter ALONE, Dak THREW it nine times and the tenth was when he broke pocket after spinning into the DT to the right, but escaped for that gain. Dak homers, as justification for the fact he couldn’t break 200 yards passing, are pinning this like the Cowboys just decided to stop passed. Dak tried PASSING around 70% of the time in third quarter and his most successful play was when he broke pocket on a three man rush, almost spinning himself into a sack.

He made one awful throw that should on the almost INT by Ramsey and the other, series when Heath put them at the Jaguars 8, he threw it twice and cane away with a field goal. The problem with the Ramsey throw was that it was right after Kaguars matched up the field and scored a TD, meaning it could have easily shifted the momentum and put it at 24-14 if they had any competent offense. The next field goal was the off worst throw in NFL history by Bortles to Heath.

Then came the fumble by the Jags and Dallas decided they had enough and ran it with Zeke pretty much every time.

The Jaguars basically adjusted after their incompetent first half and Dak was Dak. The defense also got its TOs against this garbage Jags offense that turned it over five times last week and allowed the Cowboys to pull ahead while Dak floundered passing.

The point being Dak couldn’t even break 200 yards passing when he was still TRYING.
Dude, you have derailed. Who gives a **** about flashy yards, is that what you think wins games? Prescott finally plays a very, very good game and you can't handle it and have to spew more of your bull**** hatred. It's beyond pathetic. He didn't make mistakes, he threw TDs and rushed for 80 yards! Look at his rating!

Anyone who expects any player to never make a mistake is a dummy.

Creeper

Reaction score
It was one of those days where everything went right for Dallas. Dak fumbled twice into his own hands, threw a near interception, Overthrew Tavon Austin again for what should have been a TD, had a delay of game penalty when he couldn't get the play off in time, and made a few bad decisions in the read option, I thought. Had things not gone Dallas's way, it could have been a bad day for Dak. But things even out and the Cowboys have not had the breaks go their way in a long time. This game was overdue.

We just shouldn't let it cloud the facts about the team overall. Dak still has a few problems. I noticed yesterday he throws a lot of ball off his back foot when he doesn't have to. He got away with it yesterday but maybe his footwork is the reason his accuracy has been poor in the past?

With the defense playing as well as they have been - even without Sean Lee - the offense just has to make a few plays, not give the ball away and allow the defense to rest from time to time. The defense is getting better each week and with Irving and Collins back, they seem to be improved even more. I am not saying they are a playoff team - they are not. But there are some bright signs. If the OL can improve (I am concerned about Tyron Smith and Collins had a bad day yesterday, IMO) the offense will be a lot better too.

khiladi

Reaction score
Complaining about Dak’s play after a win is the same as cheerleading about how great he is or a post after one deep throw, that “who says he can’t throw deep?!? Take that haters..” and so on, except the former brings out actual evidence to support his point.

Congratulations, Dak’s ‘best game’ this season was mediocre, and guys were all open in the passing game and partly dictated by the fact Jaguars were clearly over-pursuing Zeke the whole first half and looked like they didn’t even practice! Yippee!

Let’s start another thread about why Dak not getting 200 yards because the offense wasn’t supposedly trying after the half.. or maybe I should bump all the other ones, while pretending that him not getting 200 yards was never a big deal, though threads specifically tried justifying it for not happening..

khiladi

Reaction score
Show me a game where Weeden put up even remotely similar ratings while he was here.

He threw for 72% completing percentage without Zeke and a disaster of an offense with Dez injured and Zach Martin with a neck sprain and they didn’t even need to make it “Dak friendly”.

In an even more miserable situation in Houston, his first start he threw for over 300 yards in a win on 62%.

gmoney112

Reaction score
giphy.gif

HungryLion

Reaction score
Complaining about Dak’s play after a win is the same as cheerleading about how great he is or a post after one deep throw, that “who says he can’t throw deep?!? Take that haters..” and so on, except the former brings out actual evidence to support his point.

Congratulations, Dak’s ‘best game’ this season was mediocre, and guys were all open in the passing game and partly dictated by the fact Jaguars were clearly over-pursuing Zeke the whole first half and looked like they didn’t even practice! Yippee!

Let’s start another thread about why Dak not getting 200 yards because the offense wasn’t supposedly trying after the half.. or maybe I should bump all the other ones, while pretending that him not getting 200 yards was never a big deal, though threads specifically tried justifying it for not happening..

Guys are supposed to get open in the passing game.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
He threw for 72% completing percentage without Zeke and a disaster of an offense with Dez injured and Zach Martin with a neck sprain and they didn’t even need to make it “Dak friendly”.

In an even more miserable situation in Houston, his first start he threw for over 300 yards in a win on 62%.
So are you going to show me a game that Weeden played as a Cowboy where he had ratings even close to what Dak had yesterday? You know, like you claimed he did.

Ken

Reaction score
I repeat... comparing Dak to Mahomes proves your delusion and you probably need a CTE scan..
Which Statline would you prefer?

22 of 38 for 313 yards with 0 tds and 2 ints, 13 rush yards, 1 rush td and a rating of 62.7

or

17 of 27 183 yards with 2 tds and 0 ints, 82 rush yards and 1 rush td and a rating of 107?

The first statline is Mahomes LAST WEEK AT HOME vs. Jax.

The 2nd is Dak's vs Jax at home yesterday.

Mahomes, with all of those weapons and all of that talent, couldn't do anything vs an actual NFL defense. At least he threw for 300 empty yards though!