Why Dak still sucks

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I get it. But the rest of his receivers suck.

Hurns played like absolute trash yesterday. He did nothing.

The rest of the receivers are JAGS.

Gallup is a talented rookie who hasn’t put it together yet.

His receivers do not suck. They are a solid group and have proven that with better QB play.

He doesn't have a Dez Bryant out there but even when he did he made Dez look like a mediocre WR.

Giving Dak a bigtime WR is like giving Grandpa a Ferrari.

khiladi

Reaction score
Flacco , Wilson and Rivers all had impressive wins with around 200 yrds passing . Marriota , Mayfield , Alex Smith Carr Watson Dalton Cousins and the bills QBs all had 230 yrds or under Heck Marriota had 51 Carr 106 Watson 177 Alex Smith had 156 .

That's all you got Dak didn't get 200yrds It really affected the outcome of the game LOLOL Junk Thread throw this in the trash pile .

Nobody is saying about those guys they haven’t produced over 200 yards passing for a record time, because they are inaccurate.

Dallas and Dak have been hearing this for weeks now and Dak couldn’t break 200 even when trying and they were up in a blowout loss.

Pretend that they didn’t call pass ten times in the third quarter alone and Dak was garbage..

Ken

Reaction score
In the third quarter ALONE, Dak THREW it nine times and the tenth was when he broke pocket after spinning into the DT to the right, but escaped for that gain. Dak homers, as justification for the fact he couldn’t break 200 yards passing, are pinning this like the Cowboys just decided to stop passed. Dak tried PASSING around 70% of the time in third quarter and his most successful play was when he broke pocket on a three man rush, almost spinning himself into a sack.

He made one awful throw that should on the almost INT by Ramsey and the other, series when Heath put them at the Jaguars 8, he threw it twice and cane away with a field goal. The problem with the Ramsey throw was that it was right after Kaguars matched up the field and scored a TD, meaning it could have easily shifted the momentum and put it at 24-14 if they had any competent offense. The next field goal was the off worst throw in NFL history by Bortles to Heath.

Then came the fumble by the Jags and Dallas decided they had enough and ran it with Zeke pretty much every time.

The Jaguars basically adjusted after their incompetent first half and Dak was Dak. The defense also got its TOs against this garbage Jags offense that turned it over five times last week and allowed the Cowboys to pull ahead while Dak floundered passing.

The point being Dak couldn’t even break 200 yards passing when he was still TRYING.
Great point, you really dug deep to justify that analysis.

200 yards is the benchmark now huh? Do you think if Swaim reaches his hand out just a bit more that he could have broke that amazing 200 yard mark? Do you think if Gallup taps his other toe in the end zone that he would have hit the magical 200 yard mark? Do you think if he didn't run for 80 yards that he could have used some of those to hit the magical 200 yard mark?

He had the 2nd highest Total qbr in the league yesterday and had a 107 Rating against the top defense in the league.

Maybe it is time to reevaluate your fandom with this team?

HungryLion

Reaction score
His receivers do not suck. They are a solid group and have proven that with better QB play.

He doesn't have a Dez Bryant out there but even when he did he made Dez look like a mediocre WR.

Giving Dak a bigtime WR is like giving Grandpa a Ferrari.

Bull. Hurns has played like crap.

Deonte Thompson is a career 4th receiver and journeyman.

None of the tight ends would start for another team.

Gallup is talented but not quite ready yet.

Austin has made some plays but has also dropped some makeable big plays also. He is what he is, a utility player.

The only pass catcher on the entire team that starts for another team is Beasley. And that’s as a slot receiver.

Face facts the receiving Corp, as a total, stinks.

And I’m not saying that to absolve Dak for blame. He hasn’t played well enough, consistently enough. Although he was good yesterday.

birdwells1

Reaction score
In the third quarter ALONE, Dak THREW it nine times and the tenth was when he broke pocket after spinning into the DT to the right, but escaped for that gain. Dak homers, as justification for the fact he couldn’t break 200 yards passing, are pinning this like the Cowboys just decided to stop passed. Dak tried PASSING around 70% of the time in third quarter and his most successful play was when he broke pocket on a three man rush, almost spinning himself into a sack.

He made one awful throw that should on the almost INT by Ramsey and the other, series when Heath put them at the Jaguars 8, he threw it twice and cane away with a field goal. The problem with the Ramsey throw was that it was right after Kaguars matched up the field and scored a TD, meaning it could have easily shifted the momentum and put it at 24-14 if they had any competent offense. The next field goal was the off worst throw in NFL history by Bortles to Heath.

Then came the fumble by the Jags and Dallas decided they had enough and ran it with Zeke pretty much every time.

The Jaguars basically adjusted after their incompetent first half and Dak was Dak. The defense also got its TOs against this garbage Jags offense that turned it over five times last week and allowed the Cowboys to pull ahead while Dak floundered passing.

The point being Dak couldn’t even break 200 yards passing when he was still TRYING.

I am not a Dak believer but he played a good game yesterday, no turnovers, threw downfield some, ran great and only threw for under 200 due to the game situation.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’m ok with analyzing Dak’s play. But the less than 200 yard stuff is nonsense for this game.

Dak had 265 yards and 3 TD’s against a very good defense.

He put up better numbers against the Jags defense, than Pat Mahomes did the week prior.

——- I am not saying Dak is better than Mahomes. He clearly isn’t. But anyone saying Dak didn’t play very well yesterday is lying to themselves. It was a very good game.

khiladi

Reaction score
Great point, you really dug deep to justify that analysis.

200 yards is the benchmark now huh? Do you think if Swaim reaches his hand out just a bit more that he could have broke that amazing 200 yard mark? Do you think if Gallup taps his other toe in the end zone that he would have hit the magical 200 yard mark? Do you think if he didn't run for 80 yards that he could have used some of those to hit the magical 200 yard mark?

He had the 2nd highest Total qbr in the league yesterday and had a 107 Rating against the top defense in the league.

Maybe it is time to reevaluate your fandom with this team?

Or if Ramsey kept his foot one inch closer, it would have been a pick. Or if Dak’s fumbled in the second didn’t bounce right back to him. And so on..

Of course 200 yards means something in this context..

blueblood70

Reaction score
He doesnt suck if you stop over evaluating him..hes an AVG QB that when used correctly in running offense with creative coaching hes fine..He doesnt deserve a giant contract but he will get Bortles money, if his agent and Dak wants more then that let him walk.. I see him as a over achieving backup.. if you look at him like that , look around the league the bottom 16 are full of these guys..hard to find top16 type talent but dak sometimes inches his way to the lower end of the top 16 and we win..he doesnt suck..stop the BS..there arent 32 QBs available to be all tier one and 2 guys its the league right now.. hes agood stop gap but hope the FO sees this and starts planning for something better, the Jaguars might be second guessing the bortles signing but its what those guys get paid..

can we not enjoy a win being 3-3 isn't great but half game out of first with chance if we win next week we are in first? Parody bro..its oozing out of the nfl right now.. :)

Ken

Reaction score
Or if Ramsey kept his foot one inch closer, it would have been a pick. Or if Dak’s fumbled in the second didn’t bounce right back to him. And so on..

Of course 200 yards means something in this context..

And the Cowboys still win big.

What is your point? Who is making plays for him on this team? Even their best guy, Beasley, falls down at the first sign of a defender.

Two big plays that were there for the taking were incomplete. I watch a guy like Mahomes that everyone fawns over...and he is throwing balls all over the place but amazing talent around him makes him look all world.

Meanwhile, after a huge 40-7 victory, we have "fans" like you dissecting plays that didn't go perfectly. Miserable.

khiladi

Reaction score
And the Cowboys still win big.

What is your point? Who is making plays for him on this team? Even their best guy, Beasley, falls down at the first sign of a defender.

Two big plays that were there for the taking were incomplete. I watch a guy like Mahomes that everyone fawns over...and he is throwing balls all over the place but amazing talent around him makes him look all world.

Meanwhile, after a huge 40-7 victory, we have "fans" like you dissecting plays that didn't go perfectly. Miserable.

Dak Prescott can’t even carry the jock-strap of Mahomes and you bringing this up, particularly after last nights performance from Pat, is comical and shows how delusional you are.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
This isn't the week to badger Dak.

He was pretty good, and he's going to have to run like that for that to be the case. He is obviously very effective with his feet. Had those two fumble dribbles not miraculously bounced perfectly, his day could have looked very different. And Ramsey dang near picked him off. But I saw some nice throws and at least he threw the ball downfield more, successful or not. I thought that helped his cause.

Here's the challenge. There's no doubt that Washington will bracket Beasley this week and take that away. (Not sure what Jax was thinking there.) So, Dak is going to have to get more connected with the wide receivers next week.

But make no mistake, Dak was an effective player yesterday. Now, can he string that same game together and get the ball to other guys while using his ability to run? That will determine everything going forward.
I agree with all of this. The only thing I will say for him and people on the other side is I applaud their consistency. If the guy don't like Dak as a qb he should point this stuff out now because if you don't while it seems to be going good you'll get the did you say this when he was winning stuff.

For me the same way he earned his lack of confidence in him he'd have to do the same thing for me and others to switch views on that. Some will allow themselves to be bamboozled by anything just to get their emotional high. Not me. I'm glad we won but this doesn't change my view on Dak by itself. He'd have to play like this more than once every 6 weeks for me to switch my position on him.

khiladi

Reaction score
He doesnt suck if you stop over evaluating him..hes an AVG QB that when used correctly in running offense with creative coaching hes fine..He doesnt deserve a giant contract but he will get Bortles money, if his agent and Dak wants more then that let him walk.. I see him as a over achieving backup.. if you look at him like that , look around the league the bottom 16 are full of these guys..hard to find top16 type talent but dak sometimes inches his way to the lower end of the top 16 and we win..he doesnt suck..stop the BS..there arent 32 QBs available to be all tier one and 2 guys its the league right now.. hes agood stop gap but hope the FO sees this and starts planning for something better, the Jaguars might be second guessing the bortles signing but its what those guys get paid..

can we not enjoy a win being 3-3 isn't great but half game out of first with chance if we win next week we are in first? Parody bro..its oozing out of the nfl right now.. :)

I said he’s a player you want as a backup and would find a niche there. I’ve said many times he would be a top backup in this league. The problem with this point is, they found their starter in this backup.

Ken

Reaction score
THIS JUST IN: Dak couldn't pass for 200 yards against a defense that averages giving up 187 ypc in the air!

Who cares that they destroyed the Jags, this is big news!

Ken

Reaction score
Dak Prescott can’t even carry the jock-strap of Mahomes and you bringing this up, particularly after last nights performance from Pat, is comical and shows how delusional you are.
Yes delusional.

He did that with YAC yardage all over the place. The same plays dak makes, people like you criticize him for because his guys do nothing with the passes. You know nothing about football other than what everyone else says...that is horrible. Just stop posting...