Why didn't we pick an offensive lineman with our first three picks you asked?

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Because who are we moving to the bench? Barring injury in training camp this is our starting group, IMO.

Tyron Smith LT
Tyler Smith LG
Biadasz C
Martin RG
Steele RT

Swing tackles/back up guards will be Waletzko/Peters and Ball
Waletzko is going to surprise many people here. We will draft a backup at the center position today.

If ya'll laugh at Tyron getting his job back at LT, go look at the Bucs and 49er games. ESPECIALLY the 49er name. The dude was kicking and taking names out there. When healthy he's still our best option at tackle.

You don't sit a first ballot HOFer when he's healthy and still playing very well.

I don't guarantee anything but I think this is what they were thinking last night.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Because who are we moving to the bench? Barring injury in training camp this is our starting group, IMO.

Tyron Smith LT
Tyler Smith LG
Biadasz C
Martin RG
Steele RT

Waletzko is going to surprise many people here. We will draft a backup at the center position today.

If ya'll laugh at Tyron getting his job back at LT, go look at the Bucs and 49er games. ESPECIALLY the 49er name. The dude was kicking and taking names out there. When healthy he's still our best option at tackle.

You don't sit a first ballot HOFer when he's healthy and still playing very well.

I don't guarantee anything but I think this is what they were thinking last night.
Point is, he has gotten hurt every year what the last 5 years.Not to say that happens but if he does, then they start moving everybody around. Doesnt seem to work here.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Peters is a 41 year old free agent and Ball sucks. We saw what happened when Steele went down last year - the run game died. Even Pollard averaged less than 3 yards per carry from that point.

The OL depth is no better than it was last year. Relying on the starting five to stay healthy for 17 games is wishful thinking.

starfan1

Reaction score
Peters is a 41 year old free agent and Ball sucks. We saw what happened when Steele went down last year - the run game died. Even Pollard averaged less than 3 yards per carry from that point.

The OL depth is no better than it was last year. Relying on the starting five to stay healthy for 17 games is wishful thinking.
It will be different this year though:facepalm:

Relying on a full compliment of Tyron is dumb

starfan1

Reaction score
Not drafting Mazi and sitting a guy who kicked Nick Bosa's in the playoff is dumb too.

Are you one of the many here that's been wanting a NT for 20 years?
I was being sarcastic I loved the mazi pick not as thrilled with the TE

Sitting idle and watching other teams be active isn’t sitting well with me either

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I was being sarcastic I loved the mazi pick not as thrilled with the TE

Sitting idle and watching other teams be active isn’t sitting well with me either
I agree with the TE pick. I wanted to draft and sit Hendon Hooker for a year to let him heal. That would give us an option if Dak doesn't get it done this year. Since he's hurt and we have a history of taking chances with our 2nd round picks, that's what I thought we were going to do. He has better stats than two QB's (Levis/Stroud) taken before him.

Who would you have picked in the 2nd?

starfan1

Reaction score
I agree with the TE pick. I wanted to draft and sit Hendon Hooker for a year to let him heal. That would give us an option if Dak doesn't get it done this year. Since he's hurt and we have a history of taking chances with our 2nd round picks, that's what I thought we were going to do. He has better stats than two QB's (Levis/Stroud) taken before him.

Who would you have picked in the 2nd?
Torrence

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Tyron Smith LT
Tyler Smith LG
Biadasz C
Martin RG
Steele RT

...and when Tyron gets injured again?????? Then what????? The Eagles seriously upgraded their DL as did the Giants and Washington still has a quality DL......so in spite of those upgrades Dallas has done nothing to upgrade the OL when they had a chance to grab road grader Torrence in the 2nd.....but instead reach for a part-time blocking TE....laughable.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Relying on the starting five to stay healthy for 17 games is wishful thinking.

Peters is a 41 year old free agent and Ball sucks.
Moving on from a guy who kicked Nick Bosa's is stupid!

And people here said Connor Williams sucked! They moved him to center and he's doing pretty good there.

We are not coaches and GM's for a reason.

CoachD

Reaction score

Tyron Smith LT
Tyler Smith LG
Biadasz C
Martin RG
Steele RT

This only looks good on paper I'll explain......
Tyron Smith- Unfortunately an injury waiting to happen and there is NO way he plays 17+ games next year.
Tyler Smith- Our new Larry Allen and can play anywhere on the O-line just like Larry and will be an anchor for years to come.
Biadasz- A decent center but gets blown backwards into Prescott way too often.
Martin- One of the all time greatest guards to ever play the game but he can't do it all by himself.
Steele- A really good Rt. tackle but he's coming off an ACL and how long does that injury take to heal? Ya that's what I thought.
And those back ups please! Ball = bust....Peters is applying for his AARP card....and Waletzko is on the verge of getting cut if he doesn't step up.

garyv

Reaction score
Point is, he has gotten hurt every year what the last 5 years.Not to say that happens but if he does, then they start moving everybody around. Doesnt seem to work here.
Agreed 100% anybody that don't see this please put away your rose colored glasses. Me personally I'm drafting Tyrons replacement and making Tyron the swing tackle.

kevm3

Reaction score
lol we're going to be a 'running team' this year while depending on an o line to stay completely healthy from top to bottom with guys who haven't been historically healthy. Zero percent chance Tyron stays healthy this whole game.

We also have a huge question mark at running back.

garyv

Reaction score
lol we're going to be a 'running team' this year while depending on an o line to stay completely healthy from top to bottom with guys who haven't been historically healthy. Zero percent chance Tyron stays healthy this whole game.

We also have a huge question mark at running back.
Who's the runner Pollard or Ronald Jones just a reminder Pollard coming off injury. Honestly this will probably be his last year in Dallas