Why do I fear Buffalo?

GORICO

Reaction score
Cowboys are the better team and I think we have the ability to win out, but for some reason this game scares me more than any other games. After that huge win against the dirty birds, why do I see us having a huge loss here? A letdown game if you may. I’m scared.
throw in good chance of light showers....Dak is not great in wet conditions...so lets run and RPO and then launch a few.....by the way we can lose 2 and still

get the 5th seed which even if we win out and eagles win out we get 5th seed....i would be looking to rest players...if we go all out just to find out 5th seed

and we are exhausted for playoffs its not worth it....we are hoping to get our bigger 1-tech back for playoffs....I would rather be rested and healthy then

a great regular season record and injured and exhausted for playoffs...we know either one or two and done

GORICO

Reaction score
I've made it a habit to avoid Buffao, Moose, Hippos and Bulls. Hippos are pretty terrifying. I has to stop doing my instagrams with em awhile back.
CWR---they can open their mouths wider than any other warm blooded animal.....a lot of people have been killed by Hippos

Reactions: CWR

GORICO

Reaction score
The better team doesn't always win. There's tons of randomness in any given game, and upsets are very common. Of course, given that the Bills are favored, a loss to them wouldn't even be an upset. Even if you take a very homeristic view, you figure Buffalo has, what, a 40% chance of winning? That's plenty of reason to be scared. Heck, I'm scared every week because I know the other team is perfectly capable of winning any game if things happen to go their way.
always have liked JD----he is real....i too am nervous before every game and since i cannot drink anymore i have to grab the valium bottle

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys are the better team and I think we have the ability to win out, but for some reason this game scares me more than any other games. After that huge win against the dirty birds, why do I see us having a huge loss here? A letdown game if you may. I’m scared.
You need a good bro slap.......or two......to wake you up! :p:cool:

GORICO

Reaction score
i am a bit nervous too and i put another huge PLAT.....lets show em we aint the let down team no more????

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bills just had a huge win against the Chiefs…..what’s the big difference?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Bills just had a huge win against the Chiefs…..what’s the big difference?
Here:

However, after last season concluded, Frazier surprised everyone with his decision to step away from coaching for the year. Rather than promote a position coach, McDermott opted to assume the responsibilities of calling defensive plays. On top of that, he added the assistant head coach title to defensive line coach Eric Washington and brought in Al Holcomb as a senior defensive assistant.

Those two hires offer a hint as to what to expect from McDermott. For starters, both of them worked with McDermott in Carolina. Washington coached the Panthers defensive line from 2011 to 2017, and became the coordinator after McDermott’s successor, Steve Wilks, left for the Cardinals head coaching job. Holcomb had been the linebackers coach in Carolina until leaving to be Wilks’ defensive coordinator in Arizona. Seeing a trend here?

McDermott actually cut his teeth in Philadelphia, holding a variety of different coaching roles for the Eagles from 2001 to 2010; aside from the last two seasons, when McDermott was the defensive coordinator, he worked under legendary coach Jim Johnson.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...se-sean-mcdermott-leslie-frazier-dak-prescott

With players and coaches involved, this fan will stick with the results from the Dallas defense!

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is the base of the Buffalo defense:

Johnson heavily influenced McDermott, as did Rivera. The result has been an aggressive 4-3 defense that utilizes a very, very broad range of zone coverages. That’s reflected in the tenures of Washington and Holcomb, as well as Wilks. These are all coaches who have coordinated defenses at various points in time and placed an emphasis on aggression and zone coverage.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...se-sean-mcdermott-leslie-frazier-dak-prescott

That’s what this defense has been and, with McDermott taking over play-calling from Frazier, it’s become a bit more pronounced. Frazier wasn’t as blitz-happy as McDermott and mixed in man coverage a bit more. While McDermott hasn’t cranked those two nobs up to 11, he has started to employ a higher rate of zone while seeing a general uptick in blitzes.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Two linebackers in the A gap. Pre snap, Dak...eat them alive! Direct for your own reads.

On paper, the advantage would seem to go the Cowboys’ way, as Prescott has generally thrived against zone coverage and eats blitzes for breakfast.

This will make that work:

On Sunday, Smith will play his 11th game this season, tying for the most he has played since 2020. He will play his seventh straight game, his longest consecutive games streak since nine in a row in 2019.

In 10 games this season, Smith’s pass block win rate (87.2%) is better than his average mark for each season (86.8%) since ESPN Analytics started tracking the stat in 2017. Same with his run block win rate (78.4% compared to 76.9%). TruMedia has attributed six sacks to Smith this season, but looking at the video, only two of those sacks were Smith’s fault, and one came on a scramble play.

Add in Tyer Smith and Martin.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...n-smith-stephon-gilmore-illness-micah-parsons

Last edited:

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
I have a bad feeling about this game.. The fact that we are +2.5 underdogs to a team that has only 7-wins is puzzling.

Einstein

Reaction score
Because they can be a good team, and hve been very good at home.

Preoccupied

Reaction score
Every week I see these threads, and every week we win.
Thanks for another win-omen:
Cowboys by 10.

Flamma

Reaction score
I have a bad feeling about this game.. The fact that we are +2.5 underdogs to a team that has only 7-wins is puzzling.
We were once 3-7 and opened up a 6 point favorite over a 10-0 team. Not a typo, you read that right. Vegas don't care about records, they care about who people are going to bet.

I think it's because all of our losses were away, and Buffalo just beat the Chiefs.

Flamma

Reaction score
They’re going to have to put it all out there. Play hard. Just hope they have enough left to go the rest of the way. That week off for the top team deserves it. This is when the men show up we’re going to find out soon.
The strange way the NFC has played out, the 2 seed might not be that much worse than the 1 seed. If at all. Mainly because one of the 3 best teams in the NFC is a 5th seed.