Why do people insist on cutting Dak?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Ever heard of strength of schedule.
bahahahahhahahahahhhahaahah..... the Cowboys were 12-5 the year before. You think they had a cupcake schedule? even so, Ive never heard, ever anyone on TV say yea team is comes into the game with the 3rd ranked defense, but recalculated considering strength of schedule they are actually the 18th ranked defense.

Chasing6

Reaction score
bahahahahhahahahahhhahaahah..... the Cowboys were 12-5 the year before. You think they had a cupcake schedule? even so, Ive never heard, ever anyone on TV say yea team is comes into the game with the 3rd ranked defense, but recalculated considering strength of schedule they are actually the 18th ranked defense.
Sorry you can analyze things for yourself.

jujoboys

Reaction score
No trade was going to happen as Dak wouldn't pick up the lost money. With a NTC and potential to lose $29m Dak would of nixed them.
So explain how a one year deal could be manipulated on a one year deal?
You need to look at this holistically, rather than with one eye closed....there are so many moving parts and the main player, DAK, won't do anything until June (as he'd likely get cut and nobody's making up the lost $29m in 2024).
The only way a trade would happen is if Dallas gave permission to Dak to seek a trade and Dak accepted. Then the trade would depend on Dallas and the other team agreeing on fair compensation and the new team and Dak agreeing on fair compensation. Most likely Dak and the other team would want to agree to an extended contract prior to being traded. There is no team going to trade for Dak and keep him on the 1 year $29 million he has left on his contract. The new team would want an extension in place as part of the trade and Dak would want a new contract as part of the trade. Thus with a new/extended contract, the new team could fit it to work the way they want in regards to their cap. Players in the last year of their contract get traded to new teams all of the time with a new contract being signed with the new team as a basis for the trade.

Btw, the Raiders are in need of a QB and could easily fit him under their cap. They are currently $21.7 million under the CAP and on June 1st they gain another $24 million from the Jimmy G June 1st cut. That will put them $45.7 million under the CAP. Here's how the Raiders could work the CAP. The Raiders could take Dak's current contract and give him an extension of 4 years for $200 million. Give him a signing bonus this year of $60 million with a $2 million salary in 2024. Dak gets $62 million in 2024 instead of $29 million. I would think that makes Dak happy. The Raiders get him for 5 years $229 million because it was an extension. The salary CAP hit for the Raiders would be $14 million. The $2 million salary for 2024 along with 1/5 of the $60 million signing bonus. The Raiders have a new QB and still $31.7 million of cap space.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Btw, the Raiders are in need of a QB and could easily fit him under their cap. They are currently $21.7 million under the CAP and on June 1st they gain another $24 million from the Jimmy G June 1st cut. That will put them $45.7 million under the CAP. Here's how the Raiders could work the CAP. The Raiders could take Dak's current contract and give him an extension of 4 years for $200 million. Give him a signing bonus this year of $60 million with a $2 million salary in 2024. Dak gets $62 million in 2024 instead of $29 million. I would think that makes Dak happy. The Raiders get him for 5 years $229 million because it was an extension. The salary CAP hit for the Raiders would be $14 million. The $2 million salary for 2024 along with 1/5 of the $60 million signing bonus. The Raiders have a new QB and still $31.7 million of cap space.
Las Vegas keeps re-surfacing in conversations as a possible destination for Dak Prescott. My question is how long would the Raiders hypothetically keep Prescott on their wish list before rejecting the idea.

Antonio Pierce talked about his team's quarterback situation a month prior to the draft (link). He discussed pitting Aidan O'Connell and their free agent pickup, Gardner Minshew II against each other and compete for the starter role. Pierce had favorable things to say about O'Connell's improvement this offseason. And he reflected on the possibility of a trade up for a quarterback that interested them.

A month passed after that conversation. The Raiders stayed pat at #13 overall during the first round, although Mel Kiper stated they tried trading up for Michael Penix Jr. (link). In the same article, Raiders general manager Tom Telesco said (paraphrasing) there was not a concentrated effort to draft a quarterback.

It does not look like the Raiders have another starting veteran QB acquisition strategy outside Minshew according to my outside seeing eye peering into their plans. That said, I could be in need of a new eye prescription. Prescott could be on their wish list but I would think there is an expiration date attached. It is that possible deadline that I am interested in.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The only way a trade would happen is if Dallas gave permission to Dak to seek a trade and Dak accepted. Then the trade would depend on Dallas and the other team agreeing on fair compensation and the new team and Dak agreeing on fair compensation. Most likely Dak and the other team would want to agree to an extended contract prior to being traded. There is no team going to trade for Dak and keep him on the 1 year $29 million he has left on his contract. The new team would want an extension in place as part of the trade and Dak would want a new contract as part of the trade. Thus with a new/extended contract, the new team could fit it to work the way they want in regards to their cap. Players in the last year of their contract get traded to new teams all of the time with a new contract being signed with the new team as a basis for the trade.

Dak would already be signed here if he'd accept 5 years $229m. Jerry would bite his hand off.
Dak probably wants that money (maybe a bit more) over 4 (possibly 3) years.
That's the problem, the Raiders would only be interested if Dak agreed to the extension.... and for that to happen Dak needs to be blown away.

Chasing6

Reaction score
A
Dak would already be signed here if he'd accept 5 years $229m. Jerry would bite his hand off.
That's the problem, the Raiders would only be interested if Dak agreed to the extension.... and for that to happen Dak needs to be blown away.
Why keep living in fantasy land?

jujoboys

Reaction score
So you think Dak would agree to a trade and lose out on $29m?
The Raiders (nor anyone outside of Patriots) had the 2024 CAP to pay him.
I don't think the Cowboys will trade Dak. My post never indicated that Dallas was leaning toward that decision. In fact, I think Dallas ends up extending Dak at some point. The Patrio
Las Vegas keeps re-surfacing in conversations as a possible destination for Dak Prescott. My question is how long would the Raiders hypothetically keep Prescott on their wish list before rejecting the idea.

Antonio Pierce talked about his team's quarterback situation a month prior to the draft (link). He discussed pitting Aidan O'Connell and their free agent pickup, Gardner Minshew II against each other and compete for the starter role. Pierce had favorable things to say about O'Connell's improvement this offseason. And he reflected on the possibility of a trade up for a quarterback that interested them.

A month passed after that conversation. The Raiders stayed pat at #13 overall during the first round, although Mel Kiper stated they tried trading up for Michael Penix Jr. (link). In the same article, Raiders general manager Tom Telesco said (paraphrasing) there was not a concentrated effort to draft a quarterback.

It does not look like the Raiders have another starting veteran QB acquisition strategy outside Minshew according to my outside seeing eye peering into their plans. That said, I could be in need of a new eye prescription. Prescott could be on their wish list but I would think there is an expiration date attached. It is that possible deadline that I am interested in.
Merely used the Raiders as an example. Only their coach and front office know how satisfied or unsatisfied they may be with their current QB situation. Same with Dallas. Jerry may have every intention on extending Dak and may have told other teams that he has no intention of trading Dak even if Dak waived the NTC.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Merely used the Raiders as an example. Only their coach and front office know how satisfied or unsatisfied they may be with their current QB situation. Same with Dallas. Jerry may have every intention on extending Dak and may have told other teams that he has no intention of trading Dak even if Dak waived the NTC.
Bold> Jones can be an idiot but even he would consider the terms of a trade offered to him before automatically rejecting it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Bold> Jones can be an idiot but even he would consider the terms of a trade offered to him before automatically rejecting it.
How can Jerry entertain a trade when Dak has a no trade clause and has no interest in being traded? Wake up already!!!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How can Jerry entertain a trade when Dak has a no trade clause and has no interest in being traded? Wake up already!!!
Did you read the post I was replying to and specificly the part of the previous member's comment I put in bold? Wake up already!!!

:rolleyes:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Did you read the post I was replying to and specificly the part of the previous member's comment I put in bold? Wake up already!!!

:rolleyes:
Dak will not be traded
Dak will not be cut
Dak will not be benched

Trance is more of an NFL ready RB, than he is a QB, and that is not saying much.

jujoboys

Reaction score
The numbers I threw out there were just fictitious to illustrate a point. I could have done the same thing with a 4 year extension for $240 million or 5 years for $269 million when you consider his current 1 year $29 million deal. The signing bonus and 2024 slary number determines the cap hit this year. Not the overall value of the contract. Also, you can manipulate a 3 year extension just as easy by throwing in an extra voidable year (the Eagles do this constantly).

My argument was never whether Dallas, Dak, or some other team would be willing to trade. My original argument was that it benefited Dallas and Dak most if the trade happened earlier in the process. At the opening of free agency would have been the best for both.

shabazz

Reaction score
I haven't read all the threads but if there was a SIGNIFICANT amount of money to be saved that would be one thing but otherwise let him play it out.

There's only 2 issues though if Jerry already knows that he's gone after the season

1. Playing him doesn't allow Lance to be evaluated in real games
2. Playing an experienced veteran QB rather than Lance may result in worse 2025 draft position .

It just depends on what the REAL FO goal is

jujoboys

Reaction score
Dak will not be traded
Dak will not be cut
Dak will not be benched

Lance is more of an NFL ready RB, than he is a QB, and that is not saying much.
100% agree and I wouldn't be shocked if Jerry eventually gets a new deal done with Dak and he is the QB in 2025 and going forward.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I haven't read all the threads but if there was a SIGNIFICANT amount of money to be saved that would be one thing but otherwise let him play it out.

There's only 2 issues though if Jerry already knows that he's gone after the season

1. Playing him doesn't allow Lance to be evaluated in real games
2. Playing an experienced veteran QB rather than Lance may result in worse 2025 draft position .

It just depends on what the REAL FO goal is
McCarthy is fighting for his job. Dak is starting.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
My argument was never whether Dallas, Dak, or some other team would be willing to trade. My original argument was that it benefited Dallas and Dak most if the trade happened earlier in the process. At the opening of free agency would have been the best for both.
But there were too many moving parts: a team willing to give up draft capital (for a one year loan), Dak wanting to play in the location and a decent draft class of QB's.

In any case Jerry wouldnt of tried to trade him as he still wants Dak and thinks he can get him....the problem is.... France is well aware of that and will make him pay in full.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak will not be traded
Dak will not be cut
Dak will not be benched

Trance is more of an NFL ready RB, than he is a QB, and that is not saying much.
I know of the Prescott's no trade clause. I have posted on this site repeatedly Prescott has Jones 100% support. Consequently, I do not think Prescott will be cut. And I do not think Prescott will be benched.

Do not worry. I will not ask you again to do what I recommended you do in the post you just replied to. It either does not matter to you or went completely over your head.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Even Cowturd, who hates Dak, says Dak has a market if he reaches free agency. Cutting Dak makes no sense.