Why do people insist on cutting Dak?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Letting Him play out the season ks better then cutting him in my opinion. Why do you think Cutting him is wise? That only serves Dak not Jerry

Jerry could keep Dak on the bench all year and it would not hurt the Chemistry of this team. In fact it may make them rally together under Lance
Cutting Dak saves 30 million. Over 10% of the cap. Real money.

Gives us one more roster spot for a QB to develop and audition for the future.

And I do think it would hurt the team to have Dak on the bench. It's just poking Dak loyalists in the eye all year.

Pick a team and play. Get him gone or play him.

I wasn't strongly for getting rid of Dak, until they did *nothing* to improve the team around him. That told me they're not interested in him returning.

Why waste a year of a QB under contract if you think he can lead you to the promised land? Yet waste it we have. Already. We didn't pick up the pieces to contend, while we let prime pieces go.

What are they gonna do now? Extend him for 60mil this year? Pay that kind of money for what they have made into a rebuild year? Waste a year of their QB's career who they're presuming is worth 60mil? How would that make a lick of sense?

NotForLong

Reaction score
Dak is measurably slow in the processing; he panics and just makes horrible decisions at the worst times.
Dak needed more time and why this team invested so much 2024 draft stock into OL, Jerry is basically saying c'mon Dak, Im drafting
in order to give you possibly a second longer maybe less to actually look off your primary WR.
ok I will wish for that. Do not believe it will change a thing but I hope he finally figures it out with that extra second. But if he does not I do not think Jerry is gonna wait to put Lance in. Enough is enough already

NotForLong

Reaction score
Cutting Dak saves 30 million. Over 10% of the cap. Real money.

Gives us one more roster spot for a QB to develop and audition for the future.

And I do think it would hurt the team to have Dak on the bench. It's just poking Dak loyalists in the eye all year.

Pick a team and play. Get him gone or play him.

I wasn't strongly for getting rid of Dak, until they did *nothing* to improve the team around him. That told me they're not interested in him returning.

Why waste a year of a QB under contract if you think he can lead you to the promised land? Yet waste it we have. Already. We didn't pick up the pieces to contend, while we let prime pieces go.

What are they gonna do now? Extend him for 60mil this year? Pay that kind of money for what they have made into a rebuild year? Waste a year of their QB's career who they're presuming is worth 60mil? How would that make a lick of sense?
Save 30 million when? This year or next year?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There are some that believe if the plan is to start Trey why not cut Dak and commit. I say why? Why cut Dak? They are paying him any way.

He wants a new contract if it is with Dallas or any other team. He will be forced to play the best football of his life and I am not talking implementing the new scheme to get Lamb open. I am talking about spreading the ball around and putting this team on His back. (I do not believe he is capable of it but maybe he will surprise me) Win

If Dak comes out and lays an egg like he did to begin last season I think He gets the Hook. Even then he would make a great back up and if He does get His Job back. He will have incentive to play his heart out because no one is gonna pay a QB that can't keep his job

Keeping Dak even if the plan is to go with lance in a rebuild is a win win

Besides, all of these years of tears will be quenched watching Dak hold the clip board with a Poopy face
:huh:
What?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
ok I will wish for that. Do not believe it will change a thing but I hope he finally figures it out with that extra second. But if he does not I do not think Jerry is gonna wait to put Lance in. Enough is enough already
Im one of the biggest Dak bashers on this site, but my point is directed at the investment this franchise has made, no more excuses Dakster, we just gave you an entire second for evaluation possibly.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yes but right now that is not an option for Jerry to play. It requires Dak to request it. This has not happened as of yet. I agree it is the best option but it is not Jerry's solely to make

All Jerry can do is Extend Him. Play Him as is. Or cut Him. I want him to play him as is and let the cards land as they may
Or, Jerry can what he has done, and let the offense deplete around Dak to pressure Dak into taking a trade.

And I don't know why Dak needs that pressure. It's a win for him. He gets his base salary up a year earlier and doesn't risk a contract year on a depleted offense.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Im one of the biggest Dak bashers on this site, but my point is directed at the investment this franchise has made, no more excuses Dakster, we just gave you an entire second for evaluation possibly.
I am with you brother

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Or, Jerry can what he has done, and let the offense deplete around Dak to pressure Dak into taking a trade.

And I don't know why Dak needs that pressure. It's a win for him. He gets his base salary up a year earlier and doesn't risk a contract year on a depleted offense.
Exactly what offensive depletion around Dak has taken place?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Save 30 million when? This year or next year?
This year. In salary that won't be paid to Dak.

Which year that salary hits the cap is much less important to me. That's just accountant fiddling with existing contracts. If Dak is gone this year that 30mil salary doesn't hit his *cumulative* cap hit.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Which year that salary hits the cap is much less important to me. That's just accountant fiddling with existing contracts. If Dak is gone this year that 30mil salary doesn't hit his *cumulative* cap hit.
What are you talking about, take a nap already.

NotForLong

Reaction score

I do not think a trade will be an option because of all the moving parts and the fact it is so late in the off season. But anything can happen. I would welcome a trade because the Cowboys will receive value in return

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No it would not. It would tarnish his brand. And as far as being a professional. He is a Garrett Clone. Fake as a 3 dollar bill.

His fragile ego will not allow for him to be the butt of Jokes and sly comments from commentators while the camera is shinning on him during the game. This kid has no poker face
What makes you think this? When has Dak ever exhibited this?

NotForLong

Reaction score
Can you say...............POST JUNE 1st CUT for the team baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flagwave:
Do you think that will happen? And what are the benefits to Jerry? I would only favor sitting him if they can do it while eating His whole Cap Charge and have a zero balance in 2025. Is that possible?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Can you say...............POST JUNE 1st CUT for the team baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flagwave:
Would cause an immediate parade, Hats, costumes, celebrations in the streets.
Total mass chaos would occur, and forum servers would overheat and cause a mass outage of social outrage.
My oh my,,, how far we have come since 92,93 era of greatness.
Its time to return my friends.... bang my head with a cast iron skillet.

NotForLong

Reaction score

What would they do with that 30 million? Extend Micah and CD? Is that the plan?

NotForLong

Reaction score
Russell Wilson had one too…..
I did not say it could not happen. I am speaking of Jerry's options. The only one that Jerry holds to jettison him is to cut him.
I say do not do it. Keep him and let it play out. Let the top 10 QB . . . MVP runner up . . . fight and scratch for his next contract or if he falls on his face let the other QB who wants a new contract give it a go

If the season is about to start and Dak is super salty. I would welcome a trade. But that is all on Dak and out of Jerry's hands