Why do people insist on cutting Dak?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I could explain it but you know how this place has become.
All the trolls and manbabies would swoop and and start crying and saying everyone who doesn't agree is to blame for "accepting mediocrity".
Yep whinners gonna whine

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I did not say it could not happen. I am speaking of Jerry's options. The only one that Jerry holds to jettison him is to cut him.
I say do not do it. Keep him and let it play out. Let the top 10 QB . . . MVP runner up . . . fight and scratch for his next contract or if he falls on his face let the other QB who wants a new contract give it a go

If the season is about to start and Dak is super salty. I would welcome a trade. But that is all on Dak and out of Jerry's hands
Why wouldn’t you trade him?

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Oh wow, a Dak thread. Glad we're switching it up for a change.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Well you better have at least that much on hand if you want to even get started with that insurance policy for retention.
No I am serious. Is that what you would so? Is that why you believe cutting him would be a viable option

Because that is the only reason I see cutting Him at this point makes any sense.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
There are some that believe if the plan is to start Trey why not cut Dak and commit. I say why? Why cut Dak? They are paying him any way.

He wants a new contract if it is with Dallas or any other team. He will be forced to play the best football of his life and I am not talking implementing the new scheme to get Lamb open. I am talking about spreading the ball around and putting this team on His back. (I do not believe he is capable of it but maybe he will surprise me) Win

If Dak comes out and lays an egg like he did to begin last season I think He gets the Hook. Even then he would make a great back up and if He does get His Job back. He will have incentive to play his heart out because no one is gonna pay a QB that can't keep his job

Keeping Dak even if the plan is to go with lance in a rebuild is a win win

Besides, all of these years of tears will be quenched watching Dak hold the clip board with a Poopy face
Don't cut him. Sign him to a backup role to a deserving young QB. And at 3 mil a year. Heh.

But 8 years in and with 3 one and done playoff games?. Dak is Abysmal.

Chasing6

Reaction score
There are some that believe if the plan is to start Trey why not cut Dak and commit. I say why? Why cut Dak? They are paying him any way.

He wants a new contract if it is with Dallas or any other team. He will be forced to play the best football of his life and I am not talking implementing the new scheme to get Lamb open. I am talking about spreading the ball around and putting this team on His back. (I do not believe he is capable of it but maybe he will surprise me) Win

If Dak comes out and lays an egg like he did to begin last season I think He gets the Hook. Even then he would make a great back up and if He does get His Job back. He will have incentive to play his heart out because no one is gonna pay a QB that can't keep his job

Besides, all of these years of tears will be quenched watching Dak hold the clip board with a Poopy face
Never going to happen. If anything he plays out his last year and moves on.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

They owe him nothing if they cut him. No more money from the Cowboys would go to Prescott.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I don’t think you need to cut him. IMO I think we’re in a win-win position, because if Dak does it this year that means we made some noise in the playoffs, and boom he gets the mega extension, if not well good luck in FA and thanks for the 9 years… 9 the number of the guy he replaced… That would be a funny coincidence.

CWR

Reaction score

Do you want to keep Dak after this season? So you want him extended then right?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Do you want to keep Dak after this season? So you want him extended then right?
I am sure some believe Trance can be an all pro QB next year as well.

Even though he will be fighter for QB2.

CWR

Reaction score
Cutting Dak saves 30 million. Over 10% of the cap. Real money.

Gives us one more roster spot for a QB to develop and audition for the future.

And I do think it would hurt the team to have Dak on the bench. It's just poking Dak loyalists in the eye all year.

Pick a team and play. Get him gone or play him.

I wasn't strongly for getting rid of Dak, until they did *nothing* to improve the team around him. That told me they're not interested in him returning.

Why waste a year of a QB under contract if you think he can lead you to the promised land? Yet waste it we have. Already. We didn't pick up the pieces to contend, while we let prime pieces go.

What are they gonna do now? Extend him for 60mil this year? Pay that kind of money for what they have made into a rebuild year? Waste a year of their QB's career who they're presuming is worth 60mil? How would that make a lick of sense?
Exactly and I explained most of that to him on a prior thread. It's not complicated. I also would have been ok bringing him back, until we refused to build around him. I'm hard pressed to see a threat in our rb room. I'm hard pressed to believe in these coaches to establish a run game. The oline coach is still on staff, the running game coordinator still has a job. The line may or may not improve THIS year, but with all the other factors staying the same I don't believe Dak has enough to overcome it. So why waste a year, not let Lance play and end up with a middling draft selection?

CWR

Reaction score
I am sure some believe Trance can be an all pro QB next year as well.

Even though he will be fighter for QB2.
Either way I don't think Dak can win with less. If Lance is as bad as many predict we will at least be in prime position to get our qb next draft.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Either way I don't think Dak can win with less. If Lance is as bad as many predict we will at least be in prime position to get our qb next draft.
Sounds great. Accept Jerry has no intention of a full scale rebuild.