Why do People Keep Saying that we have the Talent?

kskboys

Reaction score
I think it's a fair questions, however if anyone thinks this team realistically needs 8 upgrades to starting positions to content then MM & DQ deserve lifetime contracts for the job that they've done this year after being the top scoring team and 5th in points allowed. Rosters that truly have that many holes are 5-12, not 12-5.
That's why I've repeatedly asked the question: Were MM/Quinn OK w/ taking a TE in the 2nd, Polly as the starting RB, the LB corps, and the OL. Get that question answered, and you'll have the answer.

Did Quinn play S's at LB's because he wanted to?

Did MM have a good game plan and Dak couldn't execute it?

Think about this, Brandin Cooks has been a 1,000 yd receiver 6 of his 10 years in the league. Why was he ineffective here?

Was Quinn OK w/ Osa as the starter?

Actually, teams w/ several stars often do exactly what we did, beat the bad teams and lose to the good teams, often badly. The record thingie is just so tiresome when it's obvious we weren't up to the task of playoff football.

Now, go position by position and explain to me how upgrade are not needed in 9 spots.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Philosophy fails us, not talent. We’re small up front on purpose. They think it give them a edge on versatility.

Just like it does it every facet of life, size matters. Don’t let anyone tell you different, not your wife, your mom, and specifically not the cowboys

kskboys

Reaction score
Philosophy fails us, not talent. We’re small up front on purpose. They think it give them a edge on versatility.

Just like it does it every facet of life, size matters. Don’t let anyone tell you different, not your wife, your mom, and specifically not the cowboys
So, players who aren't good enough to start but are starting for us is not a problem? Are you saying that just to say it?

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Because you can’t have an All Pro at every position. We have talent. But you know what the problem is? Everyone else does too.

I argued with everyone the Packers have talent. Even more than we do and no one listened until they beat us by 50.

The NFL is full of the best athlete and players in the world. What separates the good from the bad is culture, locker room, quarterback play and coaching. You have it or you don’t. We can sit here and complain about what we lack but no team is perfect.

The team had 9 All Pros. Even if you take off kicker snd punter you had 7…we have weaknesss but we always do snd always will. You need your players or overcome
Those weaknesses. I’m tired of hearing how our offensive line isn’t perfect for Pollard or Dak. Or now we have undersized linebacker. Overcome it and stop choking.
Beat me to it, good post brother.

Kwyn

Reaction score
We need 8-9 new players:

3 LBs
2-3 OLs
FS
DT(Maybe 2)
RB

Are people saying this just to say it? I mean, it's blatantly obvious that we do not have the players, what's up w/ claiming that we do?
Have you checked the other teams in the NFL?

This isn’t 1992 when there was no cap and you could get anyone you wanted.

Can’t have all pro across the board. You have to pick and choose

kskboys

Reaction score

There's the go-to answer.
Now, have you checked the other super bowl contenders? We have only a few players who would even make their team. So get out of here w/ that trashy statement: "Can't have all pro across the board." That statement is not relevant to this discussion.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Dallas is not a talented team. Only football novices who don't pay attention to the games claim Dallas has lots of talent.

Dallas has the following:

One of the worst linebacker cores in the N.F.L

Average safeties

Zero Oline depth

Below average dline

No talented defensive tackles

Can't stop the run on the edge or in the middle

One of the worst middle of the field defenses in the N.F.L.

Can' run the ball

QB who wilts under pressure in big games

Below average wide receivers

No true #2 wide receiver

Average tight ends

This untalented bunch struggles with any team with a pulse above .500.
and yet they were the #2 seed

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No, there's not. All the teams left have overall better rosters than we do.

What you're thinking is that we have more stars/skill position players. That does not mean our overall roster is better.
well I know Jerry notoriously overrates their talent. Completely whiffing on an entire draft class hurts. Especially with a team too cheap to participate in free agency.

kskboys

Reaction score
well I know Jerry notoriously overrates their talent. Completely whiffing on an entire draft class hurts. Especially with a team too cheap to participate in free agency.
More like too broke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quickdraw

Reaction score

I don't think he's saying the team needs all-pros. What they need is depth and we don't have it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It is what we do. We pay enormous sums to the Flashies, then have nothing left for other positions.

Didn't show up is a media term. Many players played very hard. We got overwhelmed due to weaknesses, there was no lack of effort. Lack of effort is another media term that is mostly incorrect.
Wow. We got whooped by nearly 50 and you think there wasn’t a lack of effort. Lord have mercy.

rambo2

Reaction score
Still think anything can happen? Will you fall for the time honored okie doke next year?
I don't know what will happen, but I think that they should win the division again. They are going to have to hit on the new players that they bring in.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Exactly and they have 9 of them….hell that’s most. Still ain’t enough? How about those 9 All Pros step up?

rambo2

Reaction score
All nice signings. Now, tell me how we addresses the weaknesses at OL, DT, RB, and LB.
Oline was fine. They drafted Overshown. Overshown and LVE got hurt. They drafted Mazi, but he wasn't good. Running back needs improvement. They for sure need to get some linebackers.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Ooooooooooo, now that is well stated. Fans see some big name talented players and then think we're just sooooooooooooooooooo talented, but the college players at way too many positions always derails us.
loooll truth sir!!!!