Why do People Keep Saying that we have the Talent?

Kwyn

Reaction score
I prefer being neither. I'm actually a true realist. Not someone who claims they are in order to be negative. I always hope for the future. And while I'm hoping I'm trying to figure out what can be done to get into super bowl contention. Why? Simple, because I'm a problem solver, so I automatically try to solve issues. I never crapp on other fans, not in my nature.
I liked your comment but, honestly, I’m not sure if your post is supported by *other* comments.

I’m totally willing to join you on what you said above.

I just wish the Zone had more pragmatic, problem solving, discussions but we both know that’s a pretty high bar for this hive of scum and villainy :)

zeke21

Reaction score
Only a couple things. We do not have a ballhawing FS, and that hurts our D badly.

I didn't address QB because that's such a worn out topic, and it's obvious it will be Dak anyway!!!
I'm not arguing but I'm thinking that they will back in Kearse and Hooker to fill that role in my opinion.. I just can't see them investing draft or cap into that position and I'm not sure it would make a huge dramatic impact but I agree both those guys are not 'ball hawking' nor particularly special.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We need 8-9 new players:

3 LBs
2-3 OLs
FS
DT(Maybe 2)
RB

Are people saying this just to say it? I mean, it's blatantly obvious that we do not have the players, what's up w/ claiming that we do?
I like the comp Aikman made for this team. We are the early 90's Houston Oilers. We are strong enough in enough places to be a consistent 11-5 win team. Not strong enough overall to be one of the truly elite. I remember there was always a chance it was the Oilers year, until it wasn't.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Do you spend all your time going around throwing cheap little insults? Man, get over yourself.

You are misreading this one badly. If you really have this much of a problem w/ discussions, just stay out of them. You're obviously not understanding this one at all, as you keep throwing weird stuff out there that is not even close to the thoughts here.
I did not insult you. I was discussing your behavior.

I do not have a problem. I still do not understand why you are holding people to account for this years roster over what they said last year. You going to discuss what you are actually writing or just whine?

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What team employs a 205lb linebacker?
Next year, the coach will put 5lbs on Turpin, and use him at LT.

Misused talent, but talent nonetheless.

Loso86

Reaction score
There's the copout excuse again.

Hey, we are losing due to lack of talent in certain areas. That is blatantly clear. So maybe we need fewer pro bowlers and more good solid players?
It's not a computer it's the truth?. Name 1 team that does????

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yes, but if you move Parsons, then DE becomes a need.
Armstrong and DLaw are better run defenders at DE than Parsons today.
On pass downs, Parsons goes to DE. And it's not like he's not an option to pass blitz from MLB on base downs.

TheHerd

Reaction score
The part I don't understand about people who say "we have all the talent" is that most of them also say Jerry is a crap GM. The GM is responsible for getting the talent, so which is it?

For the record, I have thought for years we don't have the talent, at least to be a top team. We are amazing against the lower half of the league, we are possibly the best team at doing that. But better teams and coaches know how to, and can, exploit our personnel weaknesses. This is groundhog day.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think we need a C, OT, and OG. I think Tyron is done and our RT is Steele, who I don't believe can stay healthy. Martin is also close to done.

Aside from Martin and Tyler, do we have anyone who we can count on?
Tyron had a good season. 2nd Team All Pro. That ain't done.
And we already made our bed with Steele with his contract.
We got our 4 best starters, and need to replace the 5th. You have to replace people every year. 1 out of 5 starters is a pretty set position group.

We've got some backups who may turn into something too. I like Richards. I think we've actually hit on him. Hoffman and Bass were adequate backups.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Think about this, Brandin Cooks has been a 1,000 yd receiver 6 of his 10 years in the league. Why was he ineffective here?
Cooks season here was comparable to his last season in Houston. He was supposed to be a guy to take off the top of defenses. He wasn't.
29 and 30 are pretty much the time WRs drop off. He dropped off in Houston at 29. Stayed about the same here at 30. He's not done, but near the player he was at years 2-5. Those days are gone.

kskboys

Reaction score
Tyron had a good season. 2nd Team All Pro. That ain't done.
And we already made our bed with Steele with his contract.
We got our 4 best starters, and need to replace the 5th. You have to replace people every year. 1 out of 5 starters is a pretty set position group.

We've got some backups who may turn into something too. I like Richards. I think we've actually hit on him. Hoffman and Bass were adequate backups.
True, but are we willing to bet the season on them?

kskboys

Reaction score
I did not insult you. I was discussing your behavior.

I do not have a problem. I still do not understand why you are holding people to account for this years roster over what they said last year. You going to discuss what you are actually writing or just whine?
You aren't even aware when you attempt to throw insults? Manalive, you might be a sociopath.

I have noticed that on these boards, when someone accuses others of whining they aren't all that mentally talented. I mean, you don't read a word that I say, you just type in the same trash, over and over and over. Respond to something I've said, and then I'll answer your question.

And why are you discussing my behavior in a thread about what sort of talent we have? How is that in any way relevant? You're weird, dude. Rethink this.

nobody

Reaction score
We're a very top heavy team ... Beyond our stars, our depth is atrocious.
What have our "stars" done in the post-season to be stars? What I saw was a bunch of players give a gutless performance and there were no actual stars, just pretenders.

BHendri5

Reaction score
We need 8-9 new players:

3 LBs
2-3 OLs
FS
DT(Maybe 2)
RB

Are people saying this just to say it? I mean, it's blatantly obvious that we do not have the players, what's up w/ claiming that we do?
because we do have the talent, it's just not between the ears

diamonddelts

Reaction score
You are misreading my intent. My sole purpose is to try to understand why people are insisting we have plenty of talent when the holes in our lineup say otherwise.

You must be agenda driven to engage in such erroneous thinking.
Anyone with a brain could see Dallas was not a talented team this year. Low brow Dallas fans watch games with hope and nothing else. They are unable to critically analyze what is going on within the games.