Why do People Keep Saying that we have the Talent?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Lol, they are in position to win the division again. 26 other teams would like to be there.
You are consistent. lol And who cares if they win the division? It doesn't matter to them anyway. They'll still choke.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
bill parcells took Quincy Carter to the playoffs. with Troy Hambrick, Joey Galloway and Terry Glenn and Kurt Vollers as RT

Coakley and Nguyen, Willie blade, ekuban, al singleton on defense.

the talent is overrated, yes, but it is the bottom 10 as it was

kskboys

Reaction score
Maybe we do have the players, the real issue is they're all " ME " players........... We stuck with a BAD TEAM, BAD COACHING and a LOUSY OWNER!
So, you're OK w/ playing 4 S's the entire game?

kskboys

Reaction score
Ok. If you say so. You’ve listed a bunch of depth and bench players roles and said “

“Why do People Keep Saying that we have the Talent?”​

Maybe tone down the hyperbole and say what you mean instead of trying to come across like you’re trashjnt the roster.

No NFL roster is perfect and even the contenders for the SB have weaknesses.
Actually, it's the opposite. Look back at the OP. We are talent deficient at 8-9 positions, which I named. I have no idea how you missed it.

I think you should tone down the extreme homerism.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
So, you're OK w/ playing 4 S's the entire game?
I never said that but playing 4 S's the entire game is some very poor coaching. Any knowledgeable DC should have known that a safety doesn't have the speed needed to stay with wideouts or the beef of a decent LBer to go heads up with an offensive lineman. The Cowboys roster is loaded with players playing out of position and it finally caught up to them against GB, who exploited Quinn and his over matched defense.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
We need 8-9 new players:

3 LBs
2-3 OLs
FS
DT(Maybe 2)
RB

Are people saying this just to say it? I mean, it's blatantly obvious that we do not have the players, what's up w/ claiming that we do?
Want to know whats up with Jonesboys fans thinking a team that cannot run the ball, stop the run, and QB disappears in big games will win the Super Bowl?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
We need 8-9 new players:

3 LBs
2-3 OLs
FS
DT(Maybe 2)
RB

Are people saying this just to say it? I mean, it's blatantly obvious that we do not have the players, what's up w/ claiming that we do?
The 9 pro bowlers on the team would be my guess.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Actually, it's the opposite. Look back at the OP. We are talent deficient at 8-9 positions, which I named. I have no idea how you missed it.

I think you should tone down the extreme homerism.
To be fair, better a homer than a hater.
Feels better anyway.

I can hope for the future.
Others can stew in bile and bitterness.

To be honest though, I’m pretty much a pragmatist and believe in rational takes even if they are hard.

I’ve said repeatedly I’m not averse to a rebuild but I’m realistic in my expectations, unlike some who believe firing the coach and cutting the QB, followed up with promoting Rush, Lance or drafting some rando QB in the 20s will keep us contending for the division. They must not remember post Aikman or post Staubach.

I try to avoid letting emotion consume me to the point where I feel the need to crap on fellow fans and that feels right to me.

Not always successful but try.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
So, players who aren't good enough to start but are starting for us is not a problem? Are you saying that just to say it?
You interpret what I said how you wanted to because that was not the message I conveyed. You have a good day, sir.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We need 8-9 new players:

3 LBs
2-3 OLs
FS
DT(Maybe 2)
RB

We need a big defensive end that can set the edge as well. The biggest problem with the Cowboys is the Giants and Commanders have been so bad over the last 8 seasons that the Cowboys are always in playoff contention. We can’t beat the real Super Bowl teams from outside our division. We gonna get whipped by the AFC North next season. It’s scary how physical those teams are.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
We need 8-9 new players:

3 LBs
2-3 OLs
FS
DT(Maybe 2)
RB

You’re right we need a lot. They’re top heavy and really small on defense

Old on offense line

No good running back

Need upgrade at qb

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
So, those of you claiming we have all this talent simply ignore the many weaknesses? We can't stop the run, which has been wildly apparent for years. No matter how many all pros you have, the weaknesses will sabotage this area.
It feels like we have ten players on defense sometimes

Loso86

Reaction score
We need 8-9 new players:

3 LBs
2-3 OLs
FS
DT(Maybe 2)
RB

Because we do, every position can't have a top player. If we had 1 or 2 ACTUAL LBs and a true run stopping NT we would be good

nobody

Reaction score
We don't have the talent to make it to a SB or we would have made it to a SB. You are not a championship-level talent until you actually WIN the championship. So no, we don't have the talent. We have chokers.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They keep saying we have talent because we’ve won 12 games three straight seasons. Our QB was in the MVP conversation all season. We have what many consider the best defensive player in the league and we have corner who set the all-time NFL record with 6 pick-sixes in a season. The Cowboys have had a lot of good regular season teams that don’t show up for the playoffs.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
We need 8-9 new players:

3 LBs
2-3 OLs
FS
DT(Maybe 2)
RB

You seem intent on holding people accountable for what they said last year given the situation now.

I do not get the need to call people out when you could just say that we are losing a lot of talent to FA.