Why do some seem to want us/Dak to fail?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
No one wants Dak to fail, dude. Some just get in a hard stance where they are picking their guy (Romo/Dak) over the other. And they won't budge (while still loving Dak's upside).

If anyone is getting it bad right now, it's Tony. And it's not even close.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I've seen some posts about how Dak hasn't beaten a winning team and how he has only thrown short passes and how he isn't accurate and blah blah blah. It's time to celebrate a 3-1 record and this is all they can say. Yes, they want him to fail. It's a shame, really.
My question is it critical or clear agenda driven.

Being critical isnt a bad thing

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I certainly don't want Dak to fail. He's looked great these past few weeks, he even impressed me when I didn't think he could bring us back while in a hole.

BUT I have said since week 1, the biggest test is Green Bay and Bengals for him. Mostly the Bengals and their D, Green Bay is similar to our bend but don't break D.

To be fair that is a legit test for vet QB and specifically this team as a whole.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Because for reasons the are beyond me, people would rather see Tony Romo have individual success over team success.

because for many of us...everyone has come and gone and changed and sucked over more than the last decade except Tony. He has been the face of the team. Wanting Tony's success IS wanting the Team's success.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's a rain on the happy fans parade. That is always agenda driven. All I can guess is that they want Romo back. The silly thing is, Romo will definitely be back as soon as he can play. There's no reason to nitpick what Dak has done. He has performed way above and beyond what we expected from a rookie QB. Why some fans can't let other fans enjoy a win is beyond me.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score

but we are holding him to a standard that is very difficult for multi-year vets. The kid is a rookie who just started his first 4 games and is getting better each week. We should expect that.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Reading through the board tonight after a great win tonight it appears like some are rooting for Dak to fail. Why? If he wins we win! I'm a huge Romo fan but you can't ignore that he has thrown more passes of any rookie ever to start his career without an interception. It doesn't matter who the QB has played.

Why not be happy with where we are vs "just wait for the next three weeks" it's like people are hoping we fail.
In Dak I Trust... PERIOD

I'm no longer dealing with heartbreak. There's hope and I am going to eat it up like Zeke eats yards.

One game at a time. Screw the haters. 4 - 1 on deck.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
We got a tough stretch coming up. We are 3-1, have a junky D line, but wins are better than losses!
Dak has been good and will be tested even more in the upcoming weeks. Go Cowboys

willia451

Reaction score
Dak, Easy E, and the Bease are getting the job done. Meanwhile, on the sidelines, 10s of millions on injured players are flying out the window into a black hole. With no end in sight.

Just an observation I had.

Not saying a thing. One way are the other. On the other hand, the Cowboys are 3-1. If we beat the Bengals and the Packers..........well, you get the idea. We'll see.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Like 5 people lol

Everyone is on the Dak train. Don't be dramatic.

Dramatic? Don't be naive.

What did I sat about Dak? I said there is a group of fans who want Romo to win it at all cost, because "he deserves it."

Deep_South

Reaction score
It's irrational to want Dak to fail right now because Sanchez would be the QB.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
because for many of us...everyone has come and gone and changed and sucked over more than the last decade except Tony. He has been the face of the team. Wanting Tony's success IS wanting the Team's success.

But you hate Dak. It's somewhere in that post. How could you even dream of supporting Tony when we have Dak. How dare you, 65...

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I agree with others on the Romo hate as well. The man has given his body for our team and he deserves our respect. Nobody who is a fan should disrespect what he has done for the team.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I've seen some posts about how Dak hasn't beaten a winning team and how he has only thrown short passes and how he isn't accurate and blah blah blah. It's time to celebrate a 3-1 record and this is all they can say. Yes, they want him to fail. It's a shame, really.

This is more of what I think the original post is about. It was posted here the other day that we are protecting Dak and giving him gameplans that are designed to make him succeed. Well, no frikking duh. You have to execute and he is doing more than anyone could have anticipated. The thing is, if it is so easy to draw up simple gameplans in order to make a QB succeed, why wouldn't an OC do that for EVERY QB? Dak obviously has a lot of talent.

It's the same thing after a win and we have threads saying a player should have been called for penalties, or we got lucky because one of their players got injured...there are some people that just have to find something to complain about.