Why do some seem to want us/Dak to fail?

Little Jr

Reaction score
I've seen some posts about how Dak hasn't beaten a winning team and how he has only thrown short passes and how he isn't accurate and blah blah blah. It's time to celebrate a 3-1 record and this is all they can say. Yes, they want him to fail. It's a shame, really.
Accurate is really the only thing that isn't true. Not going down field and not beat in a quality is. But that's not wanting him to fail. That's more of some fans love misery lol. Won't ever be happy.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because we have some of the worse fans out there.
I traveled and worked and lived in a lot of places. And every Cowboys fan I met was great. Met many fair weather fans of other teams.
But with the blow up of the Internet and all the forums now. I come to find we have many aweful fans that just hates the their own team and everything they do and how they do it. I realize it has been 20 years since success and can understand the criticism. But to hate everything is beyond me.

Get a win, but it wasn't we won, the other team lost. Or we didn't win pretty enough. Or some fans hate certain players for what ever reason, because he wore different color socks once to school.

I don't care for some of our players, but I will root for them regardless. I don't particularly like Wilber, he seems lost at times but can make some plays. But dang it, I am pulling for him to make a play every play.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Dramatic? Don't be naive.

What did I sat about Dak? I said there is a group of fans who want Romo to win it at all cost, because "he deserves it."

The dramatics is the people saying fans "hate" Dak. When in fact, Tony is getting the overwhelming amount of scrutinty.

You dig?

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
This is absurd...

People here are making excuses as to why the team is winning...

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
The dramatics is the people saying fans "hate" Dak. When in fact, Tony is getting the overwhelming amount of scrutinty.

You dig?

Well, I didn't say anything about Dak hate, so I'm not your guy.

I just said people want Romo at all cost.

Me? Dak, Romo, you…I don't care. I just want the Cowboys to get a sixth Lombardi.

shabazz

Reaction score
You are making things up. I haven't seen anyone wanting Dak to fail. I have however seen post wanting Romo to fail or get severely injured though.

Exactly, some of these guys are projecting their weird hatred of Romo on the rest of us

To the OP; sorry buddy, we're not hating Dak. Think up another self loathing topic

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think there's a very big difference between those loving Dak but also really hating on and disrespecting Romo, compared to those who still like Romo. The later group almost unanimously also likes Dak as well.
It's very different.

There are some that just like Dak and aren't really hating on Tony. That's just an honest disagreement and nothing disrespectful or childish.

But there's that other group that for years have been nasty towards Romo and have just been waiting for any chance to bury him. Many of these (not all) are the same people that wanted Manziel. If you don't believe in their stance, they throw insults and mini-tantrums as if you must in Romo's jock or something....that it could never be because of his on-field accomplishments.
Now that we finally have a guy who has legit long-term potential, it's an easy continuation for them to hate on Romo...almost wouldn't have mattered who it was.

From what I can tell, the pro-Romo crowd are almost unanimously NOT anti-Dak.

High road- low road thing for some...not all.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Because for reasons the are beyond me, people would rather see Tony Romo have individual success over team success.
That's preposterous. Where do get that from?
I see people that think Romo is still better and actually think the TEAM has a higher ceiling this year with him at the helm.
Where exactly have you seen anything to support what you just said?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Well, I didn't say anything about Dak hate, so I'm not your guy.

I just said people want Romo at all cost.

Me? Dak, Romo, you…I don't care. I just want the Cowboys to get a sixth Lombardi.

You're still not getting what I'm cooking, so I'll say it bluntly. The majority of the fanbase wants Tony out and Dak in. This "Tony Love" is bullcrap.

It's Dak mania right now. There's no denying it. This thread is woefully ignorant of what's going down.

You following now?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Reading through the board tonight after a great win tonight it appears like some are rooting for Dak to fail. Why? If he wins we win! I'm a huge Romo fan but you can't ignore that he has thrown more passes of any rookie ever to start his career without an interception. It doesn't matter who the QB has played.

Why not be happy with where we are vs "just wait for the next three weeks" it's like people are hoping we fail.
Come on, you can't start a thread and then not provide any strong backup.
From your OP, you should have least 15-20 statements from people supporting your claims. Can you even find a couple?

Gaede

Reaction score
Sentiment is certainly overly cautious. If we had Wentz and he was putting up this numbers, we'd be talking Super Bowl--this year and subsequent years.

I missed the game and see 2 TDs, no INTs, over 250 yds and 72% completion--and the win. I have NO idea what happened today that could necessitate so much criticism. 'Yeah he was good, but not that good...'

Completely ridiculous.

This is a ROOKIE 4th round pick putting up awesome numbers. There is no reason to be so critical. We should be friggin thrilled.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
You're still not getting what I'm cooking, so I'll say it bluntly. The majority of the fanbase wants Tony out and Dak in. This "Tony Love" is bullcrap.

It's Dak mania right now. There's no denying it. This thread is woefully ignorant of what's going down.

You following now?

I have no idea why I'm your huckleberry, so I'll say it again to you bluntly.

I don't give a rat's behind who's QB as long as we're winning.

I was simply answering the OP's question as to why some don't want Dak (he said hate, although I don't agree fans hate him).

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I have no idea why I'm your huckleberry, so I'll say it again to you bluntly.

I don't give a rat's behind who's QB as long as we're winning.

I was simply answering the OP's question as to why some don't want Dak (he said hate, although I don't agree fans hate him).

Fair enough, brother. We're all Cowboys fans here, and we just want to win. Sorry if you felt like I was singling you out.

I'm drunk and happy. Go Cowboys, Cowboyz88