Why do the Cowboys seemingly bring their players down during contract time?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It seems as if they get a rush out of doing this to their players. You don't bring up issues during any time of the players seasons, until it's time for a new deal. What is the enjoyment in this, is it their weird contractual tool of thinking or something? Why would any player in their right mind want to sign with this team??? It's happened on numerous of occassions. It's like they do all this, then BOOM, they play us by giving the player a big deal, and sometimes they surprise us and will say "El Paso!" Please give your thoughts!

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
It seems as if they get a rush out of doing this to their players. You don't bring up issues during any time of the players seasons, until it's time for a new deal. What is the enjoyment in this, is it their weird contractual tool of thinking or something? Why would any player in their right mind want to sign with this team??? It's happened on numerous of occassions. It's like they do all this, then BOOM, they play us by giving the player a big deal, and sometimes they surprise us and will say "El Paso!" Please give your thoughts!
Do you have an annual review process at your job? Same thing.

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't know if that is what they do intentionally as a habit, but I remember how they trashed Amari Cooper right before they traded him. It's like selling a car and telling prospective buys the car is junk and nothing but problems. Way to pump up the price, Jerry! Then we get a 5th round pick for a top receiver.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I don't know why anybody besides the money would want to ever come to Dallas. They treat their players like crap and probably push these kind of stories against their players. Guys coming just for money will quit playing hard before the ink on the contract dries. What these two CLOWNS have done to the Cowboy legacy is a JOKE!!

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
It’s a garbage tactic from a weak organization that prefers to create a soap opera more than winning!
:hammer:.....I lol that people associate Jerry Jones as a smart business man. He's literally ran this brand right into the ground. And you can see it....by how we can't sign people in free agency. Think a lot of people are making the assumption....this front office is just skipping free agency....when the reality is....no one wants to come here.

Big_D

Reaction score
:hammer:.....I lol that people associate Jerry Jones as a smart business man. He's literally ran this brand right into the ground. And you can see it....by how we can't sign people in free agency. Think a lot of people are making the assumption....this front office is just skipping free agency....when the reality is....no one wants to come here.
I don’t doubt it. You can see how they low ball everyone and even crap on their own players when it comes time to negotiate. Who wants to deal with Stephen and Jerry on a regular basis at this point?

I think Micah, CeeDee and Dak would all be better off either asking for a trade or hitting FA. Get as far away from them as possible if they ever hope to win anything and not be labeled chokers!

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't get it
The first time in maybe forever, Jerry has actually realized he needs to make some tough choices. Not doing the same garbage he's done for 30 years and some are whining? He's basically admitting he screwed up signing Dak and he's going to clear this cap hell. It's going to take a season or two for corrections. He let Smith walk, should trade Parsons, and sign CeeDee. Continue to build the lines.

That's a championship formula, doubling down on stupid like he done for the past 30 years is not.
Go Jerry, and that maybe the first time those words have ever passed my lips

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
that could be very very true!!!!

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
I honestly dont think it works one bit. The organization maybe tries, but I believe even they know, that everyone knows their worth regardless what is put out in the press. I do not believe it is a real strategy.

stiletto

Reaction score
Serious question...Did they do it with guys like Demarcus Ware, Romo, Witten, Zach? Players they loved? I think they only do it to guys they don't really like that much or at least only like enough to keep as cheap as possible. I think right now they may be more in the "El Paso" phase with most of these players, given how they've looked in playoff games.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You constantly start threads trashing the Cowboys. Why? Please give me your thoughts.