Why do the Cowboys seemingly bring their players down during contract time?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Serious question...Did they do it with guys like Demarcus Ware, Romo, Witten, Zach? Players they loved? I think they only do it to guys they don't really like that much or at least only like enough to keep as cheap as possible. I think right now they may be more in the "El Paso" phase with most of these players, given how they've looked in playoff games.
it would be cool to think that they're actually think they're done with some of these guys, but we don't know what they're thinking, we know in the end they end up caving in after trying to posture up and be tough

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sorry maybe we're texting each other on here i'm not sure
PF6lsYf.gif

:laugh:

Big_D

Reaction score
I don't get it
The first time in maybe forever, Jerry has actually realized he needs to make some tough choices. Not doing the same garbage he's done for 30 years and some are whining? He's basically admitting he screwed up signing Dak and he's going to clear this cap hell. It's going to take a season or two for corrections. He let Smith walk, should trade Parsons, and sign CeeDee. Continue to build the lines.

That's a championship formula, doubling down on stupid like he done for the past 30 years is not.
Go Jerry, and that maybe the first time those words have ever passed my lips
So this is some kind of master plan not because they’re stuck between a rock and a hard place? Then come 2025/26 it’s back to their winning ways? He’s a complete and utter turd. Championship formula? lol That phrase and Jerry don’t belong in the same sentence. No one has any idea what their plan is. If only we can get a few sound bites of him talking in circles on the matter. Seems like a pretty odd time for him to finally figure things out.

Rayman70

Reaction score
why? To save money or to shove them out the door. This goes back to Amari and Dez. I'm sure there are others but those are the 2 I can think of. The team gets the local Dallas media to spout the smear campaign for them every time.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
I don't get it
The first time in maybe forever, Jerry has actually realized he needs to make some tough choices. Not doing the same garbage he's done for 30 years and some are whining? He's basically admitting he screwed up signing Dak and he's going to clear this cap hell. It's going to take a season or two for corrections. He let Smith walk, should trade Parsons, and sign CeeDee. Continue to build the lines.

That's a championship formula, doubling down on stupid like he done for the past 30 years is not.
Go Jerry, and that maybe the first time those words have ever passed my lips
I will agree, if we don't extend Dak in TC, like I predict we will.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don't know if that is what they do intentionally as a habit, but I remember how they trashed Amari Cooper right before they traded him. It's like selling a car and telling prospective buys the car is junk and nothing but problems. Way to pump up the price, Jerry! Then we get a 5th round pick for a top receiver.
That is GM Jethro 101. Talk trash about someone you want to trade and intentionally suppress their trade value.

Then hype up all the UDFA and Comp picks in camp and pre-season, even though they will never play in a game.

Chasing6

Reaction score
:hammer:.....I lol that people associate Jerry Jones as a smart business man. He's literally ran this brand right into the ground. And you can see it....by how we can't sign people in free agency. Think a lot of people are making the assumption....this front office is just skipping free agency....when the reality is....no one wants to come here.
Not accurate. Players would come if GM Jethro paid market value.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
I don’t doubt it. You can see how they low ball everyone and even crap on their own players when it comes time to negotiate. Who wants to deal with Stephen and Jerry on a regular basis at this point?

I think Micah, CeeDee and Dak would all be better off either asking for a trade or hitting FA. Get as far away from them as possible if they ever hope to win anything and not be labeled chokers!
Stepehen Jones has "CHEAP" written all over his smug face.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
For starters, I feel as though Jerry and Stephen don't know nearly enough about player talent.

With that being the case, negotiating isn't their thing. Player agents outsmart them every time.

It might serve them admirably if they weren't so adamant about getting something for nothing!

Last edited: