Why do you either have to be a Hater or Homer?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The internet and social media are responsible for shaping the minds of the people.
I disagree....but let's say you make a point. Fine. It's still people that are responsible....people know what civility is...they lose their minds. Nobody makes them do it.

Personal responsibility.

kskboys

Reaction score
I get it but i also understand being a mod is thankless and they probably aren't getting any compensation for babysitting grown *** men who act like children. and its both sides of the argument
Actually, that's their job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

starfan1

Reaction score
Actually, that's their job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actually its probably something they do on a volunteer basis with no compensation to help provide entertainment for grown men. some of who act like children, but ya you're right if they volunteer to do these things it may be within the scope of their responsibilities but I'm sure they all have families and real jobs. I wouldn't do it i know that as cowboy fans are among the worst

kskboys

Reaction score
actually its probably something they do on a volunteer basis with no compensation to help provide entertainment for grown men. some of who act like children, but ya you're right if they volunteer to do these things it may be within the scope of their responsibilities but I'm sure they all have families and real jobs. I wouldn't do it i know that as cowboy fans are among the worst
Yup.

I was a mod on the old boards, and it was a real pain. Funny thing is, years later and I still get some hate!

However, I generally consider it my civic duty if it is needed.

starfan1

Reaction score
Yup.

I was a mod on the old boards, and it was a real pain. Funny thing is, years later and I still get some hate!

However, I generally consider it my civic duty if it is needed.

well let me say thank you for your past mod duties. I don't know how or why you all do it but I'm grateful and yes someone has to.

Haimerej

Reaction score
The internet and social media are fully to blame.

No. People are to blame. Take some responsibility for who you are and what you do. This type of deflection keeps the problem at a distance and allows people to say, "it's not me... it's them."

Of course this assumes you're sincere about there being an issue and you're not just virtue signaling to sound as though you're above it all.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No. People are to blame. Take some responsibility for who you are and what you do. This type of deflection keeps the problem at a distance and allows people to say, "it's not me... it's them."

Of course this assumes you're sincere about there being an issue and you're not just virtue signaling to sound as though you're above it all.
I’m not the one being influenced by social media. I was talking of others.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
You don't...but yeah, if you critique any of the popular guys here like Dak, Zeke, Coop, etc....you are a hater. Even if its constructive criticism. There are several here who are legit haters though and that is what the ignore button is for if that is your cup of tea. Just write what you think....and know you can't please everyone.
The problem is, some people only pop up and comment when Dak does well or not so well. They are not balanced and never give credit or critique when its fair.

kskboys

Reaction score
well let me say thank you for your past mod duties. I don't know how or why you all do it but I'm grateful and yes someone has to.
I feel it's my duty if I am needed. No more, no less.

Jerry did give us a $250 gift card to his shop when he shut down the old boards. Very nice of him, much appreciated.