Why do you either have to be a Hater or Homer?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don't mind criticism, what I do mind is words like trash, idiot, moron etc....I consider fans that use words like that to be haters.....or, if you don't like that word...you can call them trash, idiots and morons....lol!
Especially those that don't know what they're talking about and are just talking out if there behinds...

I'm a homer and fans like me go to far as well....most of it is just a protective mechanism, but we talk out of behind too.

For the record, I'd rather have a few drinks with a homer than a hater.
Salud!

shabazz

Reaction score
Let’s face it. At least 1/3 of the posters on here are trolls. Another 1/3 come on here for no reason other to ***** and moan about something all the time and think they should be NFL scouts or GMs (LOL). The rest are really good posters and fully support the team.

I'll take, "Something Adolph would say" for $300, Alex

starfan1

Reaction score
But...there are degreees.

When you have some jackass beech HERE....who criticizes you for not adoring s play to his expecations.....it gets weird.

This forum memember who is a troll....once told me ....."dak has been throwing these passes his whole career" I understood our forum isn;t normal.

I think that the use of the ignore tool would benefit you. You have 1 or 2 folks in here that annoy the heck out of you. I do too. I simply scroll by or place them on ignore. Part of why I ignore them is i think they are trolls and they have limited views on certain subjects the other part of it if I'm being honest with myself is they disagree with me. That IN itself isn't a bad thing its how they do it that can be bothersome.

When we cant have a positive post without it being **** on every time by the same people it gets beyond annoying which is why i scroll on by most of the time. There is also the other side of the equation in which you tend to stick up for more as well. You and I for example have absolutely little in common in terms of what we think is wrong with or has been wrong the team but we manage to work through it because i think we both can be reasonable. i cant say that for all posters in here. It is what it though the ranch had the same issues heck it might be some of the same folks

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that the use of the ignore tool would benefit you. You have 1 or 2 folks in here that annoy the heck out of you. I do too. I simply scroll by or place them on ignore. Part of why I ignore them is i think they are trolls and they have limited views on certain subjects the other part of it if I'm being honest with myself is they disagree with me. That IN itself isn't a bad thing its how they do it that can be bothersome.

When we cant have a positive post without it being **** on every time by the same people it gets beyond annoying which is why i scroll on by most of the time. There is also the other side of the equation in which you tend to stick up for more as well. You and I for example have absolutely little in common in terms of what we think is wrong with or has been wrong the team but we manage to work through it because i think we both can be reasonable. i cant say that for all posters in here. It is what it though the ranch had the same issues heck it might be some of the same folks
I think we have more in common than not.

And...we can challenge each other and then dial it down instead of just keep digging ad nauseum.
I prefer to not use ignore. And I have gotten better at just letting things be. I just don't think it's fair for mods/admin to allow a couple people to harrass good fans.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Because in 2021 there is no middle ground on any issue. There isn’t any tolerance for differing opinions. So everyone gets grouped in with the extremists depending upon your point of view for each discussion. I have been a Dak fan since he was drafted. Didn’t think he was in the best shape of his life when he said it earlier this year and got labeled a hater. I don’t mind. Now I just play up to the part out of spite. It’s the way the online game Is played.
:lmao::lmao2:The BS with this one is STRONG!

phildadon86

Reaction score
I'm all for good Canadian humor and fun. But I'm afraid once you look past the maple leaf, there lies a dark heart. You can't easily tell by looking at one, but once you take a bite out of one of their stale pastries, then you know.
I am Canadian and I am unsure of the joke with the stale pastries lol.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I sit in the middle....with credit and criticism to all. I get the most flak from Dak apologists.

If I do criticize Dak....I have to first list all the faults of the rest of the team first before proceeding. It's kinda weird.
:lmao::lmao2:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dak doesn't have to be Superman on every snap. QB's have their droughts as well. Doesn't mean their injured. LOL. Big Ben tossing 2 picks in week 12 is a perfect example. Talk about declining. Bengals beat him twice!

kskboys

Reaction score

And...we can challenge each other and then dial it down instead of just keep digging ad nauseum.
I prefer to not use ignore. And I have gotten better at just letting things be. I just don't think it's fair for mods/admin to allow a couple people to harrass good fans.
Could not agree more.

Got about 10 or so homers and haters who simply harrass anyone who doesn't agree w/ them. Both make it hard to have a decent convo.

starfan1

Reaction score

I get it but i also understand being a mod is thankless and they probably aren't getting any compensation for babysitting grown *** men who act like children. and its both sides of the argument

starfan1

Reaction score
Biased is a moderate term now. If the extremists on an issue were just biased the divide between the two sides would be significantly decreased. The gap is so wide now on every issue there is no room for middle ground.
welcome to our current culture. Both sports and non sports related. How firmly can you dig in to your stances? i think the internet makes it worse.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
classic example of baiting rockport. whether he sits in the middle or not depends upon the eye of the beholder. How hard would it have been to just scroll by?
I do a lot of scrolling by. But when I see an obvious lie like that one I have to say something.