Why do you like or dislike Dak?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
And that is what it will take for a Dak lead team to win. Which is why he won't but you can see from a talent perspective they were regarded much better coming out of college, foles maybe slightly better.
That's what it will take for 90%+ of the QBs who come into the league.

InTheZone

Reaction score
@Ranching No one is going to answer this truthfully....the people that dislike him...the people who dislike him will just say "I have nothing against Dak....I just think he's a bus driver/average/(fill in the blank)".
Just asking. Is this not an intolerant opinion on others? Is this not being empathetic towards others on something almost meaningless?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well I'll be damned.... I notice the article didn't credit Dak for it, though.
your post and comment that said and I quote verbatim

"Good lord, man. Dak never propelled MS State to a #1 ranking. In fact I don't think they have ever reached the top spot in my entire life, and I'm almost 56 years old. They certainly haven't been a #1 ranked team since 2010, which was before Dak even began his college days. I can't speak for a conference #1 ranking, but MS State NEVER reached the top national spot while Dak played there."

Dak was QB of the team, the team reached #1... so you are wrong. and now in full spin mode saying the article didn't credit Dak....but that's not what you said....perhaps Alzheimer's is a great thing after all for some people

but here is some that has him in the article...

Where does Dak Prescott rank among the top five QBs in Mississippi State history? (saturdaydownsouth.com)

Mississippi State is AP No. 1 for first time | NCAA.com

Dak Prescott Names Best 'No. 15' In College Football History (thespun.com)

Top 10 Mississippi State Football Players: #1 Dak Prescott (2012-2015) - For Whom the Cowbell Tolls

you should quit while you are behind

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
4.6 forty. Not lumbering. Well, except on the longer stuff. Witten was extremely quick for his size, which is what got him open along w/ instincts.

Question: Why do so many fans today base everything on long speed? There is so much more to the game than that.
oh, I wasn't focusing on speed. just made a comment, and true witten wasn't fast, but he was great at getting separation and running routes. people often don't understand what route running is and what getting separation means, they attribute fast with ability to get open. my comment wasn't to mean that.... he was one of the best at positioning his body, running routes and getting open....great instincts as you said.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Again. All of the QB's he mentioned were thought of as better passing coming out of the draft and were thought to have higher ceilings arm talent wise. No point in going round and round just answering the op. I am not trying to convince anyone to like or dislike any player. I don't believe he will ever see a championship game but if you do then cool.
its projections....what they did in college and how they think it projects to the pros...we know 80% of the time they are wrong. that's why Ryan Leaf gets drafted 2nd over all and Brady falls to the 6th round.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
No need for elaboration if you don't want, but I'd like to see if you can name one play or moment that swayed you to like or dislike Dak as a player.
My moment was when he was on the bench and he threw his Gatorade cup to the trashcan and missed. He stood up, picked it up and put it in the trashcan. That was the moment that I started rooting hard for him.

Just like Tony, I like to root for the underdog. I mean, a 4th round pick that came out of no where to produce and win ROY! I've seen nothing but improvement and can't wait to see this year's performance. And, I'm a true Cowboy's fan.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That is part of their history. Once in the nfl things changed for sure, some is on them some isn't. Just like if you put dak on most other teams he'd look much worse than his numbers suggest.
You can say that about every quarterback...if Mahomes had Jason Garrett as head coach as opposed to Andy Reid you think his numbers would be the same?

And history is irrelevant once you step on the field in the NFL. Dak was a very good passer in college I'm not sure if you're trying to insinuate he was or wasn't....maybe you think he wasn't because he was drafted in the 4th round?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Depends on who the poster is.
If Tony Romo and Dak Prescott can do what they did with Garrett as the head coach then absolutely Patrick Mahomes can do that ten fold. If Garrett had Mahomes instead of Romo or Dak then maybe Garrett would probably have a couple Super Bowl rings and be considered a success. It works both ways.

Mahomes is the type of talent that he doesn't need to be in the perfect system to be great, but he just so happens to be in the perfect system with Reid.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do not like him or dislike him, I do not know him. He is the QB of my team and I have no other choice than to pull for him to be successful. Just as I did for Sanders, Owens and Irvin, who I did not like at all. I do like Prescott's confidence that doesn't lean to the cocky side. I think his teammates really like playing with him.

I do recall an interview with a Miss St D player when they got to the #1 ranking commenting about how much he liked playing with Prescott because the one thing no one ever had to worry about was him giving anything less than 100%. Can anyone ask for more? Players can take their talent just so far, effort does not increase talent.

One thing I do like about Prescott, and I am an observer of the body language between plays, like to read between the lines a lot, is where his gaze is fixed....downfield. He is focused on where they're going and Roger used to do that same thing and you could even see the players turning their heads in that same direction as if to say "what's he see"?

it is a very subliminal message that some managers learn when your faced with challenges and need your folks headed in the right direction, you face that way. You don't look back, always forward. When I really needed my folks to get my butt out of a jam, I never turned my back, even to write on the chalkboard.

One thing that has astounded me about Prescott. He wins the job in high school, college and the NFL through attrition yet he steps in every time and immediately assumes the leader mantle. There's not many backup QB's that will attest to how easy that is because it isn't. It is their single greatest challenge, winning over their teammates yet he has no issue with that at all. I credit the support of his Mom for that. That lady had no reservations about her son and his ability to do the job, once he got it. Because he never gave any of those back to the original QB.

InTheZone

Reaction score
If Tony Romo and Dak Prescott can do what they did with Garrett as the head coach then absolutely Patrick Mahomes can do that ten fold. If Garrett had Mahomes instead of Romo or Dak then maybe Garrett would probably have a couple Super Bowl rings and be considered a success. It works both ways.

Mahomes is the type of talent that he doesn't need to be in the perfect system to be great, but he just so happens to be in the perfect system with Reid.
While I agree Mahomes can do more with less than Dak, I just know Mahomes played a large part in trying to hit homeruns on every down in the Super Bowl when he should've played it smarter. His play definitely contributed to that blowout.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Well I never denied that Mahomes could do what Dak and Romo did I'm not sure why you're even making that point...I've seen Garrett without quarterbacks named Romo and DAk but it hasn't been pretty.....

How do you know what Mahomes needs if that's all he's ever played in? I don't recall Texas Tech dominating much.....He's been in the league 3 years and starting for 2 and has one ring......I'm not denying that he's the best in the league but last year proved that even he can't win a ring without his offensive line and defense showing up. Great example though thanks lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
While I agree Mahomes can do more with less than Dak, I just know Mahomes played a large part in trying to hit homeruns on every down in the Super Bowl when he should've played it smarter. His play definitely contributed to that blowout.
His play contributed for sure, but it would be REALLY hard to be that down on a guy that in 3 years already has won an MVP, lead his team to a Super Bowl victory, and been to another.

I'd be elated if Dak retired with the accomplishments Mahomes already has.

plasticman

Reaction score
I like quarterbacks named after states or cities. Tex......Dallas.....Dak......Reno......never met a "Reno" but I'm pretty sure there's one out there.....Nevada......Nevada Smith is a character in a western novel....gotta be a Nevada somewhere....all the southern states have chick names.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We’ll either weed them out or we’ll defuse the trolling and bashing attempts, derailing the threads if needed.

They’re easy to find. Just look in the Dak threads.
Who are you trying to weed out?
It gets confusing around here, all the segregation and separation..