Why do you like or dislike Dak?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Probably right but so very wrong,, really hadnt considered that ever,, but if I identify any that clearly are that off mentally, than they will be the first to ever go on my ignore... society should be over that by now..
Agree
And Id be very surprised if anyone that regularly posts here falls into that tin foil hat like category.
That stuff is so old news, but some look for it in everything. Obsess over it, even.
You'd have to hate many of the best QBs in the league

oh well, moving on now.
Back to the thread topic

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No need for elaboration if you don't want, but I'd like to see if you can name one play or moment that swayed you to like or dislike Dak as a player.
My moment was when he was on the bench and he threw his Gatorade cup to the trashcan and missed. He stood up, picked it up and put it in the trashcan. That was the moment that I started rooting hard for him.
Just listen to him talk. He is a born leader, a motivator, and a real action hero. The Gatorade cup thing just shows the integrity that is ingrained in him. He's a solid good guy as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he served as a senator or governor in his time after football. Getting injured in the line of duty last season only strengthens the affection fans have for him, He's now the sports world equivalent of a war hero. He has a great story that will make a great movie someday.

IIRC that cup miss was one of his very few misses that game. Go Dak!!!! :flagwave:

DFWJC

Reaction score
@DFWJC Fans often use emotion to like or dislike a player. That is ok in my book for fans to take a liking to a player for whatever emotional reason.

Front offices and GMs, on the other hand, need to take emotion out of the evaluation and contract negotiations as much as possible. Problem is Jerry liked Romo and likes Dak as a person and I think that clouded his judgement. This could have major repercussions on the field for the next 4 years. Hard for managers to rate a subordinate if the two are friends.

I only care about what the players do on the field and prefer to judge them that way. I don’t care if Dak is a good guy or not. I only care about players off the field behavior if it could result in a suspension.

On the field I like that the players respect Dak as a leader. I liked the way he ran the run-pass option early in his career. I like the way Dak never gives up and never pouts on the sidelines when things aren’t going well.

Dak’s passing accuracy and audibles/football knowledge are slightly better than average overall in my opinion.
Sure.
Everyone has their own reasons for liking or disliking anyone

The OP asked….do we like or dislike him and why. He really didn't say if it had to be solely on or field
I listed a few reasons why I like him. Could add more but didnt

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure.
Everyone has their own reasons for liking or disliking anyone

The OP asked….do we like or dislike him and why. He really didn't say if it had to be solely on or field
I listed a few reason why I like him
Reading comprehension isn't everyone's strength....lol

stiletto

Reaction score
Why people drink beer I will never understand. None of it tastes good, you have to drink 8 of them to get a nice buzz which takes hours and you get fat from doing it.

Booz you can mix with something, do a shot, and get a buzz in 45 minutes.

God, you don't know how much I agree with you on this! LOL! A double of a nice vodka is like 100 calories, mix it with a low/zero-cal fruit juice or something and you are good for hours. Have to drink a 12 pack to get that from beer. 1000 calories later. Beer is for hee-haw's.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Nobody truly dislikes the guy. (Ever seen anybody start a thread, "QB1 is a Bum?")
And he draws as many different opinions on his play as the weather, though no fault of his own.

Personally, I suspect he's used far to often as a flashpoint by those who just want to argue/troll.
Once they've posted a twitter pic, or regurgitated a stat, right or wrong, they'll stand by that post.
20 pages later no matter how many references have been produced showing it's wrong, they'll still claim, "You haven't proved anything."

Proving blue is not red to someone who refuses to accept it/doesn't choose to know is impossible.
And that is what is disliked.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Probably right but so very wrong,, really hadnt considered that ever,, but if I identify any that clearly are that off mentally, than they will be the first to ever go on my ignore... society should be over that by now..
There's one hidden under every rock and behind ever tree . . . and if accused they will never admit to it

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
God, you don't know how much I agree with you on this! LOL! A double of a nice vodka is like 100 calories, mix it with a low/zero-cal fruit juice or something and you are good for hours. Have to drink a 12 pack to get that from beer. 1000 calories later. Beer is for hee-haw's.
We are just advanced alcoholics, has nothing to do with being more educated drinkers.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
He's a leader, he loves his teammates and they follow him, he's a rock solid person by all accounts, and most importantly he has a fantastic work ethic. He's one of the few QB's who has noticeably improved multiple facets of his game over the years.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You calling beer-drinking Dak a hee-haw?

:laugh::dance:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:lmao:
fwiw, there are some pretty well crafted beers out there.

But yeah, I lean more toward liquor
I'll drink a beer with a shot of whiskey or tequila, or even a white claw on ice mixed with a double shot of vodka!!!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No need for elaboration if you don't want, but I'd like to see if you can name one play or moment that swayed you to like or dislike Dak as a player.
My moment was when he was on the bench and he threw his Gatorade cup to the trashcan and missed. He stood up, picked it up and put it in the trashcan. That was the moment that I started rooting hard for him.

Ask rocyaice why we hate him so much....... :laugh:

blueblood70

Reaction score
needs to be POLL or delete this..
we already have about 6 Dak posts current and open on front page.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
@Ranching No one is going to answer this truthfully....the people that dislike him...the people who dislike him will just say "I have nothing against Dak....I just think he's a bus driver/average/(fill in the blank)".

what if that is the truth?
feelings toward him as a human being are different than evaluating the player. i can separate the two.
if I disliked him as a person, even if he was clearly the best player on the planet I still wouldn't like him but i could acknowledge him as such.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I like him as a QB because he’s protective of the football. 40 interceptions in 69 games. He did lead the League in fumbles in 2018, but he was better about it in 2019. That’s an underrated thing, people get googly-eyed about yards and TDs, but the turnovers are very important.