Why do you like or dislike Dak?

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Does it even matter anymore? Maybe this coaching staff can get it done and Dak will deliver, maybe not.

Thrill99

Reaction score
Just listen to him talk. He is a born leader, a motivator, and a real action hero. The Gatorade cup thing just shows the integrity that is ingrained in him. He's a solid good guy as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he served as a senator or governor in his time after football. Getting injured in the line of duty last season only strengthens the affection fans have for him, He's now the sports world equivalent of a war hero. He has a great story that will make a great movie someday.
Yes! He had me at the Gatorade cup. I went the next week and bought his jersey and have never looked back.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No need for elaboration if you don't want, but I'd like to see if you can name one play or moment that swayed you to like or dislike Dak as a player.
My moment was when he was on the bench and he threw his Gatorade cup to the trashcan and missed. He stood up, picked it up and put it in the trashcan. That was the moment that I started rooting hard for him.
I like him because I think he gives us the best chance to compete. if someone can guarantee me that we can put gilbert in and we will win a championship, I am all on board....

so its projecting, which 53, give you the best chance and not all positions are created equal, thus QB having the most impact offensively. Dak has the tools, mindset, intangibles and thus it fills the most important offensive position.

I haven't heard anyone give a better realistic alternative to Dak that would make us better. I know people take issue with his pay, which has nothing to do with his play or ability. its the business side of things, not football play side.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
There are many things to like about Dak. There are just as many thing to not like about Dak. This statement is accurate for the majority of people alive today so it's not anything new or different. I like Dak the person, I like the leadership qualities , I like the work he puts into his game. I don't like the inconsistent play we have seen over the course of his career, I don't like that his pocket awareness is lacking a lot of times, leading to turnovers (fumbles mostly) or negative plays (sacks), I don't like that he is not very accurate at times that cost of yards and even points at times. I like that he showed progress each year, I don't like that he is paid like a top 5 QB and is not one (more on the FO than him though).

But regardless, he is the QB of the Cowboys and I will root for him every week, like I have done for every QB and players since I have been 3 years old.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
No need for elaboration if you don't want, but I'd like to see if you can name one play or moment that swayed you to like or dislike Dak as a player.
My moment was when he was on the bench and he threw his Gatorade cup to the trashcan and missed. He stood up, picked it up and put it in the trashcan. That was the moment that I started rooting hard for him.
Gives us the best chance to win.
There are no other better options.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I think there are many here who like Dak, but enjoy triggering certain
members of the board. And I'm okay with that.

Then again, if anyone is critical of the QB, they are ostracized and
deemed a hater, with some insinuating even worse... and get away with it.

Bigdog

Reaction score
He wronged me. Said stuff about my mother, kicked my dog, took the last beer, didn't flush, left dishes in the sink, ate my lunch, threw trash out the window, over cooked my steak, broke his leg, made more $ in 2021 than me, is better looking, and has got to ride in Jerry's helicopter. That's why.
Taken the last beer would be the straw that broke my back, lol. Seriously though I like Dak a lot. He says the right things and teammates wil run three walls for him. Classic leader and glad we have him. The trash can moment was a good example. He appears to treat everybody the same. Doesn’t matter who you are. With that be said being paid like an elite qb does have high expectations. It just goes along with it so the criticism is higher. Dak doesn’t duck away from. He takes responsibility when he plays poorly or they don’t win. Hopefully his play can rise to the expectations and I believe they will.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
what if that is the truth?
feelings toward him as a human being are different than evaluating the player. i can separate the two.
if I disliked him as a person, even if he was clearly the best player on the planet I still wouldn't like him but i could acknowledge him as such.
That's a different situation. You're owning your truth. If you disliked the guy you disliked the guy. I'm just referencing people lying and not owning their truth.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I think there are many here who like Dak, but enjoy triggering certain
members of the board. And I'm okay with that.

Then again, if anyone is critical of the QB, they are ostracized and
deemed a hater, with some insinuating even worse... and get away with it.
Yep we are all over the place

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
God, you don't know how much I agree with you on this! LOL! A double of a nice vodka is like 100 calories, mix it with a low/zero-cal fruit juice or something and you are good for hours. Have to drink a 12 pack to get that from beer. 1000 calories later. Beer is for hee-haw's.

Plus unless you drink the beer in like 15 minutes it starts to get warm which is even more disgusting then when its cold.