Why Do You Visit This Site?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I used to visit this site for actual discussion about our Boys. Now it's gotten so bad that if you aren't singing sunshine and rainbows about everything the cowboys do, you will get insulted. There is no real debate here.

I love how you guys play the victim and are obtuse to how others might consider your characterizations as insulting too.

You should try debating points as opposed to others challenging your opinions.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Ever since @waldoputty started a thread on Monday about favorite posters, I have been thinking about what compels me to read, comment and follow this site?

Aside from the obvious, a life-long Cowboy fan, I think first and foremost, I am here for the in-depth knowledge of the Cowboys and the NFL. I played college football for a couple of years back in the Southwest Conference days and, despite being a student of the game (euphemism for not actually having the talent to be a starter), my understanding of the game has been greatly enriched by this site. I appreciate the tidbits of information from those that attend a game in-person, from the running commentary during the game and from those that provide a postmortem review. We may not always agree, but I certainly enjoy the diversity of opinion.

Which brings me to a second reason I continue with this site: by and large, most are reasonable respectful of other's opinion. A good debate is an art and many on this site are really good at expressing their opinions. Unfortunately, many have either lost the skill of honest discourse or, sadly, never developed it. All too often social media is characterized by a view that says, "not only am I right, but you're stupid for having a contrary opinion". While some of that occurs on this site, I have generally found that most are passionately polite. And, I have found that many self-moderate the discussion.

My third reason for returning time and again is that this site is well moderated. I like the clear definitions of unacceptable behavior and appreciate the mods' consistency in managing the site. I can't recall a situation where a thread was closed without thinking that it was well deserved.

Lastly, I return to this site because of the many "characters" that post -- by and large, I find this site incredible entertaining and that is directly a function of the humor and humaneness that many of you inject into the conversation.

Why do you frequent this site?
Very well stated,as I reckon you put 5 outta' 5 square in the pie hole from 500 yards out,there Coloradoo_O

* it's the "fellow fans" that you know watched the very same game you did 15-20 years ago,,,and felt the exact feelings that you did at the that same time,,,MAN! I think 99.5% of the folks posting on this forum are pretty freaking AWESOME fellows,,,er,,,:lmao2:that .05% of disagreeable sorts,drastically fluctuates thru the full spectrum/ laps the circuit on any given day, ya-know?,,, and I'm pretty sure James B. Beam dictates much of that percentage policy:confused:

:thumbup:o_O:thumbup:

waving monkey

Reaction score
I used to visit this site for actual discussion about our Boys. Now it's gotten so bad that if you aren't singing sunshine and rainbows about everything the cowboys do, you will get insulted. There is no real debate here.
I still see debate. There was a time where less was said by the Homer's but once the fusillade of hate filled the pages the resistance rose up to protect the mother land.

ShortRound

Reaction score
It's my Cheers.

g6IbtVz.png

kskboys

Reaction score
  • Cause I love the cowboys
  • The site is well ran/moderated
  • The look is clean and it’s easy to navigate
  • I like the posters here both long time and new ones
  • Made some acquaintances and some friends here
  • The knowledge you get from just reading posts is incredible. When I talk or discuss the cowboys with casual football friends, they seem clueless. They don’t know things like RPO, or 1 tech can’t 3 tech. They can’t even name like 10 players on offense or defense. They don’t know what guys are getting paid or what PFF is ect........
Finally, the emojis are kinda cool. :dance::dance::dance:
Boyhowdy, that last one.

Now, when I try to talk football w/ anyone not on this site, I'm pretty much bored, listening to some BSPN type spew or even worse, stupid QB talk. All non-knowledgeable fans can't talk about anything else but the QB, mostly. And what they have to say about that is beyond lame.

I'm ruined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
You should try taking the stick out of your homer ***.
What's all that bad about the 'Homer' label,,,ALEX?,,,WELL,,,,WERE WAITING,,,, FER YOU TO RESURFACE & get yer' turd conning tower shot full of holes ,sour swabbie of the scullery that 90+ % of yer sniper posts implyo_O

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Ever since @waldoputty started a thread on Monday about favorite posters, I have been thinking about what compels me to read, comment and follow this site?

Aside from the obvious, a life-long Cowboy fan, I think first and foremost, I am here for the in-depth knowledge of the Cowboys and the NFL. I played college football for a couple of years back in the Southwest Conference days and, despite being a student of the game (euphemism for not actually having the talent to be a starter), my understanding of the game has been greatly enriched by this site. I appreciate the tidbits of information from those that attend a game in-person, from the running commentary during the game and from those that provide a postmortem review. We may not always agree, but I certainly enjoy the diversity of opinion.

Which brings me to a second reason I continue with this site: by and large, most are reasonable respectful of other's opinion. A good debate is an art and many on this site are really good at expressing their opinions. Unfortunately, many have either lost the skill of honest discourse or, sadly, never developed it. All too often social media is characterized by a view that says, "not only am I right, but you're stupid for having a contrary opinion". While some of that occurs on this site, I have generally found that most are passionately polite. And, I have found that many self-moderate the discussion.

My third reason for returning time and again is that this site is well moderated. I like the clear definitions of unacceptable behavior and appreciate the mods' consistency in managing the site. I can't recall a situation where a thread was closed without thinking that it was well deserved.

Lastly, I return to this site because of the many "characters" that post -- by and large, I find this site incredible entertaining and that is directly a function of the humor and humaneness that many of you inject into the conversation.

Why do you frequent this site?
To settle old scores and meeting people here who are into Santarīa.