Why does Jerry and his son think they are NFL GM’s

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Narcissism isn't just some word.

They truly think that they are smarter than everyone else.

It's a unique situation, as one typically cannot buy or intimidate every media outlet...allowing the ego trip to take place in comfort. Jerry seems to have pulled that off.
In the end the fans have enabled this to continue. Rewarding our dysfunctional ownership with record revenue is embarrassing. No wonder the sports world thinks Cowboy fans are idiots.

fivetwos

Reaction score
In the end the fans have enabled this to continue. Rewarding our dysfunctional ownership with record revenue is embarrassing. No wonder the sports world thinks Cowboy fans are idiots.
I have a difficult time even admitting I'm a Cowboys fan.

What's the first thing anyone and everyone thinks of when they hear Dallas Cowboys?

Yeah that ugly wrinkled mug of Jerry Jones and the buffoon that he is. I don't want anyone associating me with that person in any kind of way.

That's what this has become.

csirl

Reaction score
Jerry's in the Pro Football HOF. So he's a football legend.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
In Texas, football is king, and the Jones clan knows exactly how to take advantage of it. They'll simply assemble a Hollywood cast of performers to play the roles of legitimate NFL contenders without that actually being the case. Even their coaches serve mainly as role players under the direction of Jerry and Stephen as their leaders and leading actors. Their coaches know all too well how to "talk the talk, without walking the walk." It's a game that pay$.

By the time this team eventually comes to grips with playing real contenders, the sad truth catches up with them. They'll continue to end up one-and-done if they're fortunate enough to reach the playoffs. They, then. get exposed and proceed to laugh all the way to the bank. Jerry, Stephen & cast are mainly just actors playing the part of "real football guys." In the end, they're left to wonder why their players know better than to buy into them.

Last edited:

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I have no issue with Jerry the GM. The GM's job is secure talent. It's the coach's job to mold, shape and bring out the best in the said talent. Jerry the Owner is the one who has failed miserably since J. Johnson left. He hasn't brought in the best coachs, he allows players to bypass the HC, etc. That has nothing to do with the GM and that would be same even if they went out and got a GM.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So Jerry and Stephen think they are NFL GMs that are capable of building a team, evaluating talent, signing free agents and everything that involves building a championship roster

Besides being billionaires what makes them believe they can do this?

30 years of history is in the books now…
leave it be , you are losing stupid narratives they obviously have owned and ran a real TEAM FOR 31+ YEARS AND YOUR RESUME?

Will Mcclay and a army of other employees help run this team... Jerry and SJ are part the process but truly aren't the GMs of this team, so many help in the decision making, research, and daily ops, you have zero clue.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do fans that have no idea the inner workings of running an NFL team think they know better.
It’s not that fans know better. It’s simply that Cowboys fans know what to expect under the Jones boys- we have over a qtr century of results. I don’t “hate” the Jones leadership. I DO HATE LOSING. I hate the results we’ve been getting under their leadership. It’s that simple.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Because they are billionaires and own the team so they get to play with their toy.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
It’s not that fans know better. It’s simply that Cowboys fans know what to expect under the Jones boys- we have over a qtr century of results. I don’t “hate” the Jones leadership. I DO HATE LOSING. I hate the results we’ve been getting under their leadership. It’s that simple.

Exactly, results speak for themselves. We don’t think we can run it better we just know plenty of other people in that profession can.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So Jerry and Stephen think they are NFL GMs that are capable of building a team, evaluating talent, signing free agents and everything that involves building a championship roster

Besides being billionaires what makes them believe they can do this?

30 years of history is in the books now…
they don't. they say they are. they don't pay a GM multi millions. then if that GM wants to make moves that are costly, they avoid paying large contracts. they avoid firing the GM and which GM in their right mind would want to work for these clowns anyway....in the process, they make millions extra each year. they are businessmen, with one goal, make more money, make franchise more valuable.

they really don't care about winning championships. they care about keeping cowboys kind of relevant and talked about. this past year, led to 18% ticket price increase.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Booger owns it, he can do whatever he wants and announced when he bought it he would be running it. And he's got that Forbes ranking and P&L to prove to himself that he knows what he's doing.

Did Crazy Al back off even when it became evident he'd lost his touch? Mike Brown has been a lesson in futility until this last season. Neither men was giving up what they wanted to do.

Over my work life, I spent an inordinate amount of time around locally owned and operated family run businesses and the Cowboys are far more an example of that than an anomaly. One thing the Cowboys have is luck.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Horshack.jpg

TROLL

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But you do hate the Jones and the FO. You pretty much say so often.