Why does Jerry and his son think they are NFL GM’s

raven55

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson said won revealing short statement in that lil-jerry will never admit he's wrong, and in 26 years of stupidity that sure has payed out to be true, shades of old Al Davis that's what is happening now

MaineBoy

Reaction score
The biggest thing that warps the hillbillies is that they are amazingly successful at making money while producing a losing product. I am amazed. How can your product not win anything for 26 years while your business grows to be the most valuable sports franchise on Earth ? I think they have leveraged the history of greatness from Landry, Staubach, and Jimmy, while they have contributed nothing in terms of championships. I will give those devils their due that they have produced, at times, an entertaining team the loses in exciting and spectacular fashion.

rambo2

Reaction score
And collapsed in their first round playoff game at home…and went 6-0 against putrid NFE teams to pad their 12-5 record, while having a losing record against winning teams…and did not plan but were forced to pick Parsons when they let the 2 Corners they wanted get picked ahead of them by other teams…
Losing by 6 points isn't collapsing. They played badly but, if Wilson hauls in that pass on the 11 yardline they could have still won that game. Lol at making the drafting of Parsons some sort of negative.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
It’s not that fans know better. It’s simply that Cowboys fans know what to expect under the Jones boys- we have over a qtr century of results. I don’t “hate” the Jones leadership. I DO HATE LOSING. I hate the results we’ve been getting under their leadership. It’s that simple.

And they are the true definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results...

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Losing by 6 points isn't collapsing. They played badly but, if Wilson hauls in that pass on the 11 yardline they could have still won that game. Lol at making the drafting of Parsons some sort of negative.

They were scared and played scared - even Fat Mike admitted it. They looked like a JV team in the first half and the 49ers took their foot off the gas. As for Parsons, I’m not trying to make him look like a negative - but he sure wasn’t the genius pick you were trying to spin it to.

fivetwos

Reaction score
They were scared and played scared - even Fat Mike admitted it. They looked like a JV team in the first half and the 49ers took their foot off the gas.
That's the part that irritated Jerry so much....he hired MM on the idea that he had some magic words to carry a team to a Super Bowl lol

Then he realized he has to pay him anyway and decided he wasn't so mad after all.

But the whole situation looks like a sham to me. Mike is collecting a big pay check and Jerry has a puppet that once took a team to where Jerry so badly wants to go so he can bask in the center of attention for two weeks.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So Jerry and Stephen think they are NFL GMs that are capable of building a team, evaluating talent, signing free agents and everything that involves building a championship roster

Besides being billionaires what makes them believe they can do this?

30 years of history is in the books now…

They arent GM's. Just owners that carry that title. Jerry has all the other guys do 90% of what a GM does. Then they all report to Jerry and he makes an informed decision. Same way it happens in the corporate world across the globe. But typically the GM is much more involved in player evaluation.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
So Jerry and Stephen think they are NFL GMs that are capable of building a team, evaluating talent, signing free agents and everything that involves building a championship roster

The real question isn't why do both JJ & SJ think they are GM's in the NFL, the real question is why does both JJ & SP think they're COMPETENT CO-GMs, when there has been a two plus decade SB drought between the two of them?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don’t see a lot of things. A majority of fans think they can run the team better than the Joneses.
If you mean hire qualified and accountable people to run the team for them, yes, I agree.

There are two teams GM'd by the owner and up until this past season, neither had done jack in 25 years.

If I owned the team, I would not even think about making myself GM. I would hire the best person and hold them accountable and incentivized for success on the field. If that person was not successful, I would replace them until I found the right one. So, in that case would I be better than Booger as the owner as it relates to the one the field product and success? Oh, hell yes.

If he hadn't hired Johnson and turned the football part over to him, most likely we are not even having this discussion. he would have already been forced to bail, tuck his tail and head back across the state line.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The biggest thing that warps the hillbillies is that they are amazingly successful at making money while producing a losing product. I am amazed. How can your product not win anything for 26 years while your business grows to be the most valuable sports franchise on Earth ? I think they have leveraged the history of greatness from Landry, Staubach, and Jimmy, while they have contributed nothing in terms of championships. I will give those devils their due that they have produced, at times, an entertaining team the loses in exciting and spectacular fashion.
It is really more of a reality TV show than a football team. Booger could be one of those Duck Dynasty guys.

jujoboys

Reaction score

Yet somehow there were 23 GMs that were worse than Jed and Jethro (Beverly Hillbillies reference) last year. My question would be, "How come all 23 of those GMs weren't fired?"

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Jerry hired the biggest factor that made those championships. The second coach he hired won a championship despite the fact it was mainly with Jimmy’s players. The Joneses have been on top of the mountain three times with two different head coaches and will always believe they can do it again regardless how many years go by.
Yep

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson said won revealing short statement in that lil-jerry will never admit he's wrong, and in 26 years of stupidity that sure has payed out to be true, shades of old Al Davis that's what is happening now
let me know how Kinny did as Dolphin? hes the all knowing cant do wrong god around here and he and Jerry won those Sbs together NOT Jimmy. Jimmy never found magic and quit as usual when it became apparent he wasn't going to show Jerry how its done after he left ok lets drop the Jimmy stuff been far too long and not one franchise hired Jimmy as a Gm a player personal guy etc etc only the MIA HC and he didn't do anything special there..nope ..

reality check!!!

take a bath in that..

maybe Jimmy needs to admit his 50% of wrong that went down that created the riff hes 50% responsible for it for sure..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have a difficult time even admitting I'm a Cowboys fan.

What's the first thing anyone and everyone thinks of when they hear Dallas Cowboys?

Yeah that ugly wrinkled mug of Jerry Jones and the buffoon that he is. I don't want anyone associating me with that person in any kind of way.

That's what this has become.
IDK.. I don’t associate everyone in our country to whoever our leader is.

b0xZZ

Reaction score

because they are. Jerry has been a GM for 30 plus years and won three Super Bowls. How much more experience do you need?

im not saying they are great GMs but they are GMs

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or for that matter anyone here run a 10billion dollar sports franchise of any kind?

Or even a small business. I know some have from what little I remember from a few posts.
I did, a neighborhood bar. But only ran $320K to $400K a year in sales.

However, businesses are not the same as a professional sports franchise.
You can fire an employee if they do not work out. Heck one time I fired all my employees but 1 at one time. Though I only had 5 to 10 employees at anyone time. I had 5 regular employees at that time on regular payroll. But one only worked a night a week.

Can't do that with players under contract, though many think it is that easy to dump the players contracts or trade them.