Why does Jerry and his son think they are NFL GM’s

kskboys

Reaction score
They don't realize that if they ever win....99% of people would say "a broke clock is right twice a day". I doubt I will even be elated....it would be more relief!
After seeing what we've seen for over 25 years, saying that would be way warranted. They depend on luck.

kskboys

Reaction score
They are not the worst at GMing their team, not close. They are just not the best at it and most do not like their approach in FA.

Let’s be fair. If they’d dropped big bucks and whiffed in FA, they would be catching more heat.

They draft well in the 1st but not so great after with the OL. Is this on their selections or their selection of scouting? They do not build their own board, McClay and the scouts do.
Well then, who exactly decided to take Jaylon, Escobar, Chaz Green, Taco, Connor Williams, Jason Williams, and the trade up for MO? Those monstrous draft gaffes have cost us dearly. Since the GM is responsible for assembling a team, it really doesn't matter where he gets his info, it is on him. If he's getting bad info, he's the one who hired the guys giving the info.

blueblood70

Reaction score
why do fans think they are are professional football people ? you know the answer. the Joinses are football people 100times over more then any fan, period..

the egomaniacal fan base questioning every move is laughable. Not in haha way, in very annoying way thinking an organization with over 31 years of experience plus a football playing background in college and has children that pay high level of football and to boot have an army of employees like Will Mcclay and others to help make decisions..they for sure know more than you but sure fans here are better coaches, player evaluator and better carpologists then the Jonses sure you are.
googles dangerous PUT the phone down it doesnt make you smart, makes you a parrot.

kskboys

Reaction score
why do fans think they are are professional football people ? you know the answer. the Joinses are football people 100times over more then any fan, period..

the egomaniacal fan base questioning every move is laughable. Not in haha way, in very annoying way thinking an organization with over 31 years of experience plus a football playing background in college and has children that pay high level of football and to boot have an army of employees like Will Mcclay and others to help make decisions..they for sure know more than you but sure fans here are better coaches, player evaluator and better carpologists then the Jonses sure you are.
googles dangerous PUT the phone down it doesnt make you smart, makes you a parrot.
The Joneses are not football people. Your googles are misleading you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Because they own the team.
^^this...and they hold careers/jobs hostage if need be. When you can control the media down the hallway from you, the world is your oyster. Its been this way since 1994 after Jimmy Left.

Rayman70

Reaction score

ah, we are all fans. We don't need to be football people. We pay a dear price for Dallas merch,tickets.etc. I think we should have a voice here. We put $$ in their coffers. I am absolutely no fb expert. But like all here, have something tangible to add. I think we can all have friendly debates on how this organization can be better ran, and that includes Jerry and son. Im not sure why that is such a sore subject with u. Just sayin. We ought to be able to have this conversation, afterall, we are a loyal fanbase and havent won anything in 26 years. So yeah, we have earned every right to squawk every now and again when sumthin don't smell right. God forbid we question King Jerry and Prince Stevie. Things have gotten bad when joe fan cant dare question the "palace" on anything...like results.

blueblood70

Reaction score
ah, we are all fans. We don't need to be football people. We pay a dear price for Dallas merch,tickets.etc. I think we should have a voice here. We put $$ in their coffers. I am absolutely no fb expert. But like all here, have something tangible to add. I think we can all have friendly debates on how this organization can be better ran, and that includes Jerry and son. Im not sure why that is such a sore subject with u. Just sayin. We ought to be able to have this conversation, afterall, we are a loyal fanbase and havent won anything in 26 years. So yeah, we have earned every right to squawk every now and again when sumthin don't smell right. God forbid we question King Jerry and Prince Stevie. Things have gotten bad when joe fan cant dare question the "palace" on anything...like results.
sometimes you are smelling your own stink.,.thats for sure..
um, judging other football people as if you have clue, nope you are not even high enough to do a hiring for football team let alone judge one..you alL NOT ONE OF YOU ARE IN THAT BUILDING AND SEE WHAT GOES ON SO YES 100% CLUELESS..

you dont get to judge of you dont know the inner working of both this FOP or others you arent football people therefore cant judge other football people without looking ignorant,., if you cant comprehend that then again CLUELESS.

Rayman70

Reaction score
um, judging other football people as if you have clue, nope you are not even high enough to do a hiring for football team let alone judge one..you alL NOT ONE OF YOU ARE IN THAT BUILDING AND SEE WHAT GOES ON SO YES 100% CLUELESS..

you dont get to judge of you dont know the inner working of both this FOP or others you arent football people therefore cant judge other football people without looking ignorant,., if you cant comprehend that then again CLUELESS.
using your weird Logic, are u in the building? Unless you are in the actual room with the Joneses, how can u defend this and say this? This oughta be good. I'll wait.

Rayman70

Reaction score

Dude, you behave like a 13 year old kid. Now I stink? lmao..Are we not allowed to criticize those in power? Is that the deal? My Goodness gracious. This sounds like its straight from Jerrys mouth to our ears. How dare the peasant's ask meaningful questions. Off with their heads!

blueblood70

Reaction score
using your weird Logic, are u in the building? Unless you are in the actual room with the Joneses, how can u defend this and say this? This oughta be good. I'll wait.
dont need to be logic sates that they owning and being in the inner circle of an actual football team says they know 1k tomes more then the cumulative amount off football knowledge in here.,that actually 100% common sense. they also have employees like Mcclay and so may you would lose count to lean on for decisions say seasoned sb winning coaches..that states 100% you all know diddly squat about their football iq..nothing at all..

it doesn't make sense to hater trolls because they choose to be jaded and NEED something to whine about.wont let it go attitudes for 29years of lack of playoff success..

Big_D

Reaction score
I can't agree. If a person always buys used cars, does that automatically mean he's broke? What the Jones boys are doing is intentional. They're getting the results they want. The team is mediocre to solid almost every year. And sometimes they get years like 2014 and 2016. Their system prevents a Jets, Browns, or Lions type franchise. As a business model, maybe they're just happy with that.

Jets don't have a great run, but they went to 2 championship games. Can't really insinuate that Jerry does a better job than that cause his teams are regular season heroes. In the end he talks about how "bad" he wants to win, yet never does. He defines mediocre and the 3 teams that you mentioned are the only legit comparisons you can make among 28 other teams. That's actually sad! All bottom feeders and Jerry's one of them. That doesn't really sound like a great business model.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
LOL you might be right. But that would be the totally stupid of them. They have a standard path and do not sway from it. That tells me they are not trying to win a SB. Just trying to be mediocre to good. If they break out in a season, all the better.
They have a more consistent path now days, but ask yourself, how does the greg hardy signing fit into just trying to be mediocre and popular with the fans.
Why did he sign roy williams? why pick claiborn # 1 after trading up?
If your just trying to be mediocre , none of that makes any sense.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
we get it. Moral of the story is fans shouldn't challenge those in power/results because we aren't in the room. Got it. Carry on. Makes sense.:rolleyes:
I think he may be spaulding?? lol
but sure we can !! most here would do a better job of running the team, except...... well you know who.
He has anointed himself the CZ guardian of the jones boys and team in general.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think he may be spaulding?? lol
but sure we can !! most here would do a better job of running the team, except...... well you know who.
He has anointed himself the CZ guardian of the jones boys and team in general.
sure appears your right lol. Must be nice to never be challenged. the minions come out.
a5722a7ce9f23a86848dacc99ed59bc7.gif

Flamma

Reaction score
They have a more consistent path now days, but ask yourself, how does the greg hardy signing fit into just trying to be mediocre and popular with the fans.
Why did he sign roy williams? why pick claiborn # 1 after trading up?
If your just trying to be mediocre , none of that makes any sense.

These are all pre 2016 events. I usually follow up my comments by stating "since 2016". They used to do a lot of things years ago. I think some of the failures of the past has soured them on being aggressive.

Flamma

Reaction score
Jets don't have a great run, but they went to 2 championship games. Can't really insinuate that Jerry does a better job than that cause his teams are regular season heroes. In the end he talks about how "bad" he wants to win, yet never does. He defines mediocre and the 3 teams that you mentioned are the only legit comparisons you can make among 28 other teams. That's actually sad! All bottom feeders and Jerry's one of them. That doesn't really sound like a great business model.

I could have added more teams. There are plenty of teams that went on terrible runs. Cinci until recently. The Raiders. Bills until recently. Wash.

Of course Jerry is going to say he wants to win. That's like asking a politician if he cares about the people. A fan's hopes may not be the owner's goal. The owner may want a steady stream, not feast or famine. As a business owner, which would you prefer?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
They are not the worst at GMing their team, not close. They are just not the best at it and most do not like their approach in FA.

Let’s be fair. If they’d dropped big bucks and whiffed in FA, they would be catching more heat.

They draft well in the 1st but not so great after with the OL. Is this on their selections or their selection of scouting? They do not build their own board, McClay and the scouts do.
You might be right that they are not the worse. But anyone with their track record gets fired. You don't get 25+ years to produce average results. Look no further than JG. They kept him around for 10 years. Once he left Dallas...he went to NYG for 2 years and over the course of the 2 years he was in NY...they were either last or close to last in offense. And just like that JG is out the NFL in the USFL broadcast booth. Where is the JG coaching tree at in the NFL? He got 10 years at the steering wheel in Dallas...and what did his assistants produce when they are no longer in Dallas? This stuff matters. This stuff proves what the rest of the NFL think about the coaches in Dallas. The Jones boys kept that regime around for 10 years!!!!!!