Why does Jerry Jones just keep sitting back taking it from Goodell and Mara?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
This is not about the Cowboys and doing us any favors of not. It is about hardy. This is why no one else was touching him, it is why Dallas gave him a contract that was almost entirely based on incentives. This has nothing to do with the Cowboys organization it has everything to do with Hardy and what most around the league expected that would happen and it has

Ummm sorry but no one expected 10 games.

People were hesitant to give him a shot based on the PR hit.

10 games makes no sense based on the punishment guidelines they had in place prior.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Ummm sorry but no one expected 10 games.

People were hesitant to give him a shot based on the PR hit.

10 games makes no sense based on the punishment guidelines they had in place prior.

It was not PR hit, give me a break. lol

I do agree 10 is more than most suspected and likely will see that lowered.

Let me ask you if he was still in Carolina and not signed by the Cowboys would you even give a damn?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
It was not PR hit, give me a break. lol

I do agree 10 is more than most suspected and likely will see that lowered.

Let me ask you if he was still in Carolina and not signed by the Cowboys would you even give a damn?

Yes. People are so worried about PR factors these days. Why do you think Minnesota suspended Peterson before his case was over?

And what does your last statement have to do with anything? The fact is, he is a Cowboy so I do have an interest in his suspension.

Also, I'm not one to have faux outrage over these players and what they do on their own time. The 90s Cowboys were no choir boys by any means. Heck even the 70s Cowboys. Athletes are humans. They do stuff on their own time and some of that is against the law. They aren't robots in a video game. I'm not going to pretend I actually care, either. And use that as some soapbox to stand on.

I want Hardy here because he's talented, young and can help us out. What he does on his own time is him. Nothing to do with me. I'm going to watch and support regardless.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yes. People are so worried about PR factors these days. Why do you think Minnesota suspended Peterson before his case was over?

And what does your last statement have to do with anything? The fact is, he is a Cowboy so I do have an interest in his suspension.

Also, I'm not one to have faux outrage over these players and what they do on their own time. The 90s Cowboys were no choir boys by any means. Heck even the 70s Cowboys. Athletes are humans. They do stuff on their own time and some of that is against the law. They aren't robots in a video game. I'm not going to pretend I actually care, either. And use that as some soapbox to stand on.

I want Hardy here because he's talented, young and can help us out. What he does on his own time is him. Nothing to do with me. I'm going to watch and support regardless.

No the 90's Cowboys were not all choir boys and it hurt the team as they would end up getting suspended and cost Mark Tuinie his life.
I don't much care what a player does unless his action hurt the team and when you are forced to miss games because you are facing criminal charges and getting suspended then you damn right as a fan I'm outraged by their behavior. Athletes are human and some humans are scum, just as in the NFL there are many great people and there is scum in the league as well.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
I think the NFL has dirt on Jerry Jone. Plus, he wants AT&T to host more Super Bowls. That's the only reason he takes their crap.

It has to be something.Jerry is
No the 90's Cowboys were not all choir boys and it hurt the team as they would end up getting suspended and cost Mark Tuinie his life.
I don't much care what a player does unless his action hurt the team and when you are forced to miss games because you are facing criminal charges and getting suspended then you damn right as a fan I'm outraged by their behavior. Athletes are human and some humans are scum, just as in the NFL there are many great people and there is scum in the league as well.

You self righteous hypocrites make me sick. reminds me of some of the hypocrites that work at ESPN and other cowboys hating media. Hardy is missing 25 games. and you people still want blood. Mara got what he wanted yet again. and Jerry got screwed yet again. just like he did with the million dollar cap hit.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
NYG Weeks 1 & 7, PHI Weeks 2 & 9.

It's convenient that the Hardy suspension decision will mean that Hardy won't play against NYG and PHI, but will play two games against WSH.

Mara hates Jones and Snyder. This has Mara's stink all over it

I think there's a bye in between so the Giants game is the 6th game.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score

You self righteous hypocrites make me sick. reminds me of some of the hypocrites that work at ESPN and other cowboys hating media. Hardy is missing 25 games. and you people still want blood. Mara got what he wanted yet again. and Jerry got screwed yet again. just like he did with the million dollar cap hit.

27. Missed 2 playoff games too.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Cowboys hating? LOL Hardy got paid his 13 mill last season, what hell are you talking about. Hardy was not suspended he and his lawyer agreed with the Panthers to be placed on the exemption list which gave him full pay.

The Carolina Panthers will place defensive end Greg Hardy on the Exempt/Commissioner's Permission list, the team announced Wednesday.
Hardy will take a leave of absence from the team. He will be allowed to be in the building but cannot practice.
Hardy will be deactivated, with pay, until the conclusion of his legal proceedings. The news comes hours after the Minnesota Vikings did the same with running back Adrian Peterson due to his child abuse case.
From a statement by Hardy:
"I understand that I need to step away from football right now and take care of this legal matter. I am entitled to due process and my day in court, and that's where my focus should be. I appreciate the Panthers for giving me this opportunity and look forward to being back with my teammates as soon as possible."

cowboyvic

Reaction score
27. Missed 2 playoff games too.

Yep. enough is enough. NFL players better look out. now you have no say so when it comes to your wife and girlfriend. they have all the leverage. you pissed them off and they can have you out of the NFL by just saying you did something to them. so you better do what the hell your woman tell you to do. this PC bs has gotten out of hand. 27 games. are you kidding me?

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
^ Players have been on notice their off field conduct can get them in trouble since David Stern started it a decade ago. I really can't cry for Hardy as his behavior is not trivial or one-time. You may say Goodell has screwed up on the discipline and I agree - it's consistently inconsistent.

But Hardy was going to get suspended no matter which team took him.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The league did not suspend him last season

Carolina Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy has been placed on the NFL's commissioner exempt list until his domestic violence case is resolved.
The team made the decision on Wednesday after meeting with the 2013 Pro Bowl selection and his agent at Bank of America Stadium.

Hardy's attorney, Chris Fialko, consistently has said the case likely will not be heard until sometime in 2015 because of the case backload.
The Panthers made the move Wednesday afternoon, less than 24 hours after the Minnesota Vikings made the same decision with embattled running back Adrian Peterson.
By going on the exempt list, Hardy still will be paid his weekly portions of a $13.1 million salary as team's franchise tag. Had the league suspended him without pay, he would have forfeited salary.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11543641/greg-hardy-carolina-panthers-expected-placed-exempt-list

I'm aware of all of this, but even with pay, it's a punishment to not be able to help your team for 15 games. Now 10 more WITHOUT PAY. I still say it's overkill.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm aware of all of this, but even with pay, it's a punishment to not be able to help tour team for 15 games. Now 10 more WITHOUT PAY. I still say it's overkill.

Goodell nor the NFL did that, it was the Carolina Panthers with Hardy and his lawyers approval, league was not going to do anything until after the legal proceeding were done. The 10 is more than I even felt he would get and as we all know Hardy and the NFLPA will appeal. No doubt NFL will abide by whatever the court says.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If Jerry ever wants to host another SB, he cant piss off the league and the other owners......................that's probably why Jones never says anything.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
do you even WWE bro?

Not since the 90's. Not that I don't like it, or had that "OMG, it's not real?!" epiphany, I just one day decided to severely cut down on the TV consumption and haven't found the wherewithal to go back yet.

My media consumption has to be pretty boring to most: old movies (silents to 80's, many of them low budget uglies of all genres- but I love those...), lots and lots of MST3K and Rifftrax and every once in a while we throw in a Game of Thrones (currently in the middle of Season 3) and we are just getting into X-Files. We just watched the finale of Season 1 of that one last night after the Spurs game.

I still recognize a few of the guys there when I run into advertising or whatever: Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, Sting... , but I have no connection to today's Pro Wrestling.
Maybe I should, how is the industry doing nowadays? If I may so high-jack this already boring thread...

Jeffkills

Reaction score
If Jerry ever wants to host another SB, he cant piss off the league and the other owners......................that's probably why Jones never says anything.

Honestly, with the money available from all sorts of other events, I can't understand *** Jerry would care about hosting more SB's. I wish Jerry & Co. would begin fighting tooth-and-nail against EVERY unfair/erroneous penalty the NFL continues to levy against our Cowboys.

I would have LOVED to see Jerry & Danny Boy's attorneys rip the NFL a new ******* RE the whole salary cap collusion matter.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
Honestly, with the money available from all sorts of other events, I can't understand *** Jerry would care about hosting more SB's. I wish Jerry & Co. would begin fighting tooth-and-nail against EVERY unfair/erroneous penalty the NFL continues to levy against our Cowboys.

I would have LOVED to see Jerry & Danny Boy's attorneys rip the NFL a new ******* RE the whole salary cap collusion matter.

You make a very good point. and you raise a very real question. Jerry is making so much money on other things. maybe winning SB come secondary these days maybe that's why he keeps taking all these screw jobs from Goodell and Mara, and not putting up a fight. not saying he does not want to win.but that he wants to keep making money more than he wants to win more championships. 2 playoff wins in 20 years says a lot. and look how easy he let the Dez catch go. and how easy he let the 10 million dollar cap hit go.something is very wrong here.