Why does Mickey hate Barber so much?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'm just wondering, because his bias against Barber has been evident for quite some time now. He was one of the biggest supporting of Barber remaining the backup, even when it became crystal clear Julius Jones was the worse of the two in every aspect, he certainly wasn't happy when we signed Barber to that big contract.

He also often brings up the fact that Barber doesn't talk to the media, and since he IS the media, this obviously is a no-no. He's given similar criticism to the offensive linemen who never speak with the media either.

Yesterday, he brought up the fact that Barber shouldn't be taking runs outside because "that's not who you are", and said Barber shouldn't confuse himself with Felix Jones. He said Barber is strictly an inside-the-tackles back and should only go outside when the blocking is perfect, that he won't get anything otherwise (which is simply stupid, since a lot of Barber's highlights have been when he improvises to the outside when nothing opened up).

He then mistakenly called Barber a "Fullback" and paused, calling it a Freudian slip. (Which I take it means he thinks Barber is more of a fullback than a running back)

Following that, and this was my biggest reason for laughing at Mickey's stupidity on this issue, he says "Don't confuse yourself with a 1st round running back", that he was drafted in the 4th round... I guess that means he's not supposed to try to play like he's talented?

Maybe there was a specific incident I missed that this stems from, if so, please enlighten me. Otherwise I'll just go on with my belief that Mickey is in fact a moron.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
yeah mickey has his own way of thinking sometimes;

mickey tends to look at things with rose colored glasses too,

all you would have to remind mickey is the touchdown run against the cardianls,

its true that barber is more of a runner inside the tackles, but he can get outside too of the stupid offensive line would get off of his fat rear end and block,

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Perhaps Mickey has a problem with Barber because Barber is everything Mickey is not ... quiet, humble, tough, smart, talented ...

TwentyOne

Reaction score
TheCount;2415832 said:
I'm just wondering, because his bias against Barber has been evident for quite some time now. He was one of the biggest supporting of Barber remaining the backup, even when it became crystal clear Julius Jones was the worse of the two in every aspect, he certainly wasn't happy when we signed Barber to that big contract.

He also often brings up the fact that Barber doesn't talk to the media, and since he IS the media, this obviously is a no-no. He's given similar criticism to the offensive linemen who never speak with the media either.

Yesterday, he brought up the fact that Barber shouldn't be taking runs outside because "that's not who you are", and said Barber shouldn't confuse himself with Felix Jones. He said Barber is strictly an inside-the-tackles back and should only go outside when the blocking is perfect, that he won't get anything otherwise (which is simply stupid, since a lot of Barber's highlights have been when he improvises to the outside when nothing opened up).

He then mistakenly called Barber a "Fullback" and paused, calling it a Freudian slip. (Which I take it means he thinks Barber is more of a fullback than a running back)

Following that, and this was my biggest reason for laughing at Mickey's stupidity on this issue, he says "Don't confuse yourself with a 1st round running back", that he was drafted in the 4th round... I guess that means he's not supposed to try to play like he's talented?

Maybe there was a specific incident I missed that this stems from, if so, please enlighten me. Otherwise I'll just go on with my belief that Mickey is in fact a moron.

Who cares about him anyway. He sucks.

I can't imagine that anyone spents his precioustime reading his articles.

superpunk

Reaction score
Mickey strikes me as that guy who never gets the girl, but he does a pretty good job convincing you that he'd know what to do with her if he ever got his hands on some chloroform.

Basically I suspect Mickey of being a soccer fan.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
I like Mikeys writing. But he is a bit of a old horse thinker. Granted, I am not a fan of Joe Everyfan's shouting for the bench player because he gaurentee's wins, but Mikey seems to balance it out with never supporting the next guy.. to a fault.

If it were up to him, we wouldn't have Romo because Bledsoe was a first rounder and Romo is just lucky to be a FA. Jones was a first rounder and Barber was drafted in the 4th for relief. He gets a bit too stuck on draft pick status and starting years status. Granted, he will be more right than wrong with that thinking, but it is easy to be wrong while the team is succesful while you are. It is like predicting a loss for Dallas. You cover your bases in predicting it first should it happen but also everyone forgetting it if they win because they are happy.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
LAME LAME LAME

I guess the majority of the players in the NFL should not play at or above their talent level if they were not drafted in the first round.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
superpunk;2415872 said:
Mickey strikes me as that guy who never gets the girl, but he does a pretty good job convincing you that he'd know what to do with her if he ever got his hands on some chloroform.

:laugh2:

I do think Barber has been trying to bounce things outside too much lately, though.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;2415872 said:

I like your posts a lot... but that's just ridiculous...

I play and watch soccer and I'm a huge fan. It really pisses me off when some people go around knocking it like it's badminton or water polo or some bull**** like that

I could go on forever about this but I just wanted to make that known :cool:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Who care what Mickey says...

I agree with one thing and its not cause he said it... its because its what I believe...

I believe that Felix should replace Julius. ie. Same system as last year. Barber = not a starter.... his production in "situational" spots is more valuable to us.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chocolate Lab;2415884 said:

I do think Barber has been trying to bounce things outside too much lately, though.
Barber has always bounced things outside alot. That's always been his thing. When you're a part-timer, it's frustrating, but not as bad. When you're full-time, it bugs me alot more.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
xWraithx;2415885 said:

I play and watch soccer and I'm a huge fan. It really pisses me off when some people go around knocking it like it's badminton or water polo or some bull**** like that

Let's not have a riot here.

el_chevo

El Serrano
Reaction score
I am not touching this one... The last time I level criticism at Mickey many people came out of the woodwork to defend him. I criticized him for using Winger music as an intro to his show...and...a bunch of Winger fans came to his rescue... :ralph: What in the hell is that all about?

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
TheCount;2415832 said:

Mickey is far from objective in his player assessments. He was so much behind Chad Hutchinson it was pathetic. The guy sucked wretchedly yet Mickey kept defending him to the hilt every time.

He also has guys that he just doesn't like for whatever reason. Either they didn't play to his expectations, don't have a style he likes, won't give him an interview, whatever. Barber seems to have fallen into the category of a guy who isn't what Mickey thinks he should be. He's not Tony Dorsett and he's not Emmitt Smith so he's not what he should be.

I don't put any stock in Mickey's opinions anyway so it doesn't matter to me whether he likes a guy or not.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
xWraithx;2415885 said:

Haha, well you just dissed other sports to prop up your sport, so that's a little ironic.

As far as Barber bouncing things outside, he's always done it but if there's a hole, he's going to go through it. The line has been suspect at run blocking, even last year, so it's not difficult to see why he may not trust them when he sees a crack, it may close up before he even gets there.

A bunch of times this season, he hasn't even been able to get to the hole before there are two defenders there waiting for him.

THUMPER;2415902 said:
Mickey is far from objective in his player assessments. He was so much behind Chad Hutchinson it was pathetic. The guy sucked wretchedly yet Mickey kept defending him to the hilt every time.

He also did that with Brad up until the last debacle and then quickly rose up against Bollinger, despite the fact that Bollinger was basically set up to fail even worse than Brad was.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
superpunk;2415872 said:

chlorofrom LOL! Add to that a healthy dose of Nepoleon complex and you have our lovable little homer.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2415884 said:

I love the sig. QB 187...very nice.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2415905 said:
Haha, well you just dissed other sports to prop up your sport, so that's a little ironic.

As far as Barber bouncing things outside, he's always done it but if there's a hole, he's going to go through it. The line has been suspect at run blocking, even last year, so it's not difficult to see why he may not trust them when he sees a crack, it may close up before he even gets there.

A bunch of times this season, he hasn't even been able to get to the hole before there are two defenders there waiting for him.

a good point, however, I think we both agree on my stance on badminton and water polo ;)