Why does Mickey hate Barber so much?

superpunk

Reaction score
xWraithx;2415885 said:
I like your posts a lot... but that's just ridiculous...

I play and watch soccer and I'm a huge fan. It really pisses me off when some people go around knocking it like it's badminton or water polo or some bull**** like that

I could go on forever about this but I just wanted to make that known :cool:
If you want to get technical I didn't insinuate that soccer fans are pansy badminton players, I insinuated that they were rapists. And I will be the first to admit that that doesn't make any sense.

lol...........soccer.

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2415832 said:
I'm just wondering, because his bias against Barber has been evident for quite some time now. He was one of the biggest supporting of Barber remaining the backup, even when it became crystal clear Julius Jones was the worse of the two in every aspect, he certainly wasn't happy when we signed Barber to that big contract.

He also often brings up the fact that Barber doesn't talk to the media, and since he IS the media, this obviously is a no-no. He's given similar criticism to the offensive linemen who never speak with the media either.

Yesterday, he brought up the fact that Barber shouldn't be taking runs outside because "that's not who you are", and said Barber shouldn't confuse himself with Felix Jones. He said Barber is strictly an inside-the-tackles back and should only go outside when the blocking is perfect, that he won't get anything otherwise (which is simply stupid, since a lot of Barber's highlights have been when he improvises to the outside when nothing opened up).

He then mistakenly called Barber a "Fullback" and paused, calling it a Freudian slip. (Which I take it means he thinks Barber is more of a fullback than a running back)

Following that, and this was my biggest reason for laughing at Mickey's stupidity on this issue, he says "Don't confuse yourself with a 1st round running back", that he was drafted in the 4th round... I guess that means he's not supposed to try to play like he's talented?

Maybe there was a specific incident I missed that this stems from, if so, please enlighten me. Otherwise I'll just go on with my belief that Mickey is in fact a moron.
I don't think Barber is all that good either... I think Felix will end up being a much much better back. As a mater of fact of think there are several rookie backs that are better then barber. He has heart but thats all he has. IMO.

links18

Reaction score
Starter, shmarter. If one guy starts the game, but both backs are used to their strengths and abilities, who cares who starts? But Mickey is right, Barber is looking for the 15 yard run everytime he touches the ball. As someone else noted, that is fine when you are are the change of pace guy, but when you are carrying the load, you need to learn to take what the defense is giving you past the line of scrimmage sometimes.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;2415916 said:
If you want to get technical I didn't insinuate that soccer fans are pansy badminton players, I insinuated that they were rapists. And I will be the first to admit that that doesn't make any sense.

lol...........soccer.

funone.gif

hendog

Reaction score
el_chevo;2415900 said:
I am not touching this one... The last time I level criticism at Mickey many people came out of the woodwork to defend him. I criticized him for using Winger music as an intro to his show...and...a bunch of Winger fans came to his rescue... :ralph: What in the hell is that all about?

There only seventeen! Seventeen! Daddy says they're too young but their old enough for me! Seventeen!

cowboyed

Reaction score
hendog;2415924 said:
There only seventeen! Seventeen! Daddy says they're too young but their old enough for me! Seventeen!

It could have been worse than the Winger music prelude listening to Mickey Spagnola's report. You could have been subjected to Soft Cell and the Tainted Love song.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Chief;2415856 said:
Perhaps Mickey has a problem with Barber because Barber is everything Mickey is not ... quiet, humble, tough, smart, talented ...

HA!!! :hammer:

khiladi

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2415892 said:
Barber has always bounced things outside alot. That's always been his thing. When you're a part-timer, it's frustrating, but not as bad. When you're full-time, it bugs me alot more.

Bingo... That is what makes him effective anyways... He bounces outside and gains yards, when their are no holes. If his offensive line was opening up holes, he woulnd't have to bounce many of the runs outside.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
khiladi;2415986 said:
Bingo... That is what makes him effective anyways... He bounces outside and gains yards, when their are no holes. If his offensive line was opening up holes, he woulnd't have to bounce many of the runs outside.

Are you sure WG was saying it's a good thing when he does that?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chocolate Lab;2415992 said:
Are you sure WG was saying it's a good thing when he does that?
Glad you asked, cuz I don't think it is. Quite annoying at times.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Chief;2415856 said:
Perhaps Mickey has a problem with Barber because Barber is everything Mickey is not ... quiet, humble, tough, smart, talented ...

Ouch, that is going to leave a mark. :)

zeromaster

Reaction score
cowboyed;2415961 said:
It could have been worse than the Winger music prelude listening to Mickey Spagnola's report. You could have been subjected to Soft Cell and the Tainted Love song.
Or Calculator by Kraftwerk.

Intentional obscurity.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Mickey doesn't like Barber cause he doesn't talk to the media. I hope Barber can step his game up cause he's been disapointing so far as the starting rb this season.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
could it be that even though barber is pretty good, he is not the elite back that cowboys fans want to make him out to be, and that he still has not proved himself to be a 20 carry per game back. ..He runs with less vigor the more carries he gets.