Why does Mickey hate Barber so much?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Rampage;2416205 said:
Mickey doesn't like Barber cause he doesn't talk to the media. I hope Barber can step his game up cause he's been disapointing so far as the starting rb this season.

The whole team has been disappointing, not just Barber. He's had his moments like everyone else has had theirs.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2416217 said:
The whole team has been disappointing, not just Barber. He's had his moments like everyone else has had theirs.
true. I just hope he stops dancing so much in the backfield. but sometimes he has no choice since our o-line has been garbage and facing constant 8 man fronts.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Really folks it's just a great feeling that people in this board have the same opinion in one thing.

We start threads bash on each other. Dallas needs this Dallas is that. And that's ok. But as i said sometimes all come together and agree and that's a great feeling to me.

And the thing all agree on is: Mickey is an idiot.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Go Cowboys!

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
TwentyOne;2416223 said:
Really folks it's just a great feeling that people in this board have the same opinion in one thing.

We start threads bash on each other. Dallas needs this Dallas is that. And that's ok. But as i said sometimes all come together and agree and that's a great feeling to me.

And the thing all agree on is: Mickey is an idiot.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Go Cowboys!

:toast:

I'll drink to that!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I think you guys are taking this out of context or something. I was listening yesterday to what he said and his jist, as it's been for a while, is that Marion is allowing himself to try and play like the kind of back he's not.

As in he's trying, too hard, too bounce too many things outside and be the explosive guy when that's not his game. He even mentioned it's a little like how Julius Jones last year tried, and failed as we all know, to be the tough, physical, runner that Marion was, cause Marion was the getting all the attention and was popular. It clearly wasn't the game for Julius and he suffered for it.

Now a lot of people love Felix, and they love what he brings, with that explosive outside running, and at times it's seemed like Marion is trying to do those same type of things that he just doesn't have the skill set for.

Marion is an inside, pound you in your face, hard nosed runner and the point Mickey was trying to make was that he needed to get back to more of that and he did say that he believe Marion did get a little more back to that against the Giants in our last game, he just never really got enough of a chance cause of the poor QB play, to showcase it.

And the comment about being a first rounder had nothing to do with him trying hard, or working hard, or any of that. It was him pointing out that Barber didn't need to confuse himself with the first rounder, and try and be something he isn't and do more than what he's really good at, in order to be considered good, or worth his spot or what have you.

When I was listening to the show I didn't get the indication, at all, that Mickey didn't like Marion or thought he sucked or something. And this wasn't the first time that his bouncing it outside too often was mentioned. He's been mentioning it for about a month now.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Im prolly going to get bashed for this and I love MB3 but I think Felix should start and Barber have the same job as last year....
I think its obvious that FJ is the better all around back to be starting and MB3 would be again an allstar closer...
when the holes arent quite as large at the start of the game FJ gets accelerates through them much better, than by games end holes a little bigger and MB3 gets to the secondary where he can do his damage

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Primetime0201;2415919 said:
I don't think Barber is all that good either... I think Felix will end up being a much much better back. As a mater of fact of think there are several rookie backs that are better then barber. He has heart but thats all he has. IMO.

He's not bad or great. Barber's time was the second half of games. He would come in, relatively fresh, and basically bulldoze the defenses, who were already getting tired of tackling. The last hting they wanted to see was a fresh Marion Barber coming right at them. He would dominate often times in that role.

Now, I really think that opposing defenses are relieved that we start Barber at RB. With all the talent this team has on offense, they don't have to worry about his speed or him breaking off long runs very often. Imagine if we started a game with TO, Witten, Williams 11, and Felix Jones in the back field. That's an awful lot of game breakers to think about.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Cowboy Junkie;2416236 said:
Im prolly going to get bashed for this and I love MB3 but I think Felix should start and Barber have the same job as last year....
I think its obvious that FJ is the better all around back to be starting and MB3 would be again an allstar closer...
when the holes arent quite as large at the start of the game FJ gets accelerates through them much better, than by games end holes a little bigger and MB3 gets to the secondary where he can do his damage

I actually agree with you but not because of anything against Barber. I love him as well but I think it puts him in the best positions to be the most effective and dangerous for us.

Mysterio

Benched
Reaction score
Barber was paid like a franchise back, which he isn't. Maybe thats why he is mad?

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
xWraithx;2415885 said:
I like your posts a lot... but that's just ridiculous...

I play and watch soccer and I'm a huge fan. It really pisses me off when some people go around knocking it like it's badminton or water polo or some bull**** like that

I could go on forever about this but I just wanted to make that known :cool:

Note to self; belittle soccer as much as possible when Wraith is online:eek:hboy:

tunahelper

Reaction score
Chief;2415856 said:
Perhaps Mickey has a problem with Barber because Barber is everything Mickey is not ... quiet, humble, tough, smart, talented ...

1.Taller than an 8 year boy.
2.Stronger than DCC.
3.Actually played football in H.S.
4.Can protect himself when folks make fun of his girls name.

Verdict

Reaction score
I don't quite understand the posters on this forum who say that Barber's game has always "been bouncing it to the outside". Barber is not a speed back. He never has been, and will not ever be one. I know MBIII is a fan favorite, and he is fun to watch run. He brings enthusiam to the game and his tenacity probably spurs on his teammates to play harder.

On the flip side of that coin, I was critical of signing Barber to a high dollar contract, mainly because he is not a home run threat. He is a power back that is good, to very good in short yardage situations. That being said, he is trying to hit the home run by bouncing it outside, instead of using his power (and quickness) as a slasher inside the tackles. He does not have the pure speed to bounce it to the ouside every down trying to hit the home run. He is more of a one cut and run kind of back. It is sad to say this but it seems as though he is a smaller version (or a poor man's) Jacobs (RB-Giants).

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2416233 said:
I think you guys are taking this out of context or something. I was listening yesterday to what he said and his jist, as it's been for a while, is that Marion is allowing himself to try and play like the kind of back he's not.

As in he's trying, too hard, too bounce too many things outside and be the explosive guy when that's not his game. He even mentioned it's a little like how Julius Jones last year tried, and failed as we all know, to be the tough, physical, runner that Marion was, cause Marion was the getting all the attention and was popular. It clearly wasn't the game for Julius and he suffered for it.

Now a lot of people love Felix, and they love what he brings, with that explosive outside running, and at times it's seemed like Marion is trying to do those same type of things that he just doesn't have the skill set for.

Marion is an inside, pound you in your face, hard nosed runner and the point Mickey was trying to make was that he needed to get back to more of that and he did say that he believe Marion did get a little more back to that against the Giants in our last game, he just never really got enough of a chance cause of the poor QB play, to showcase it.

And the comment about being a first rounder had nothing to do with him trying hard, or working hard, or any of that. It was him pointing out that Barber didn't need to confuse himself with the first rounder, and try and be something he isn't and do more than what he's really good at, in order to be considered good, or worth his spot or what have you.

When I was listening to the show I didn't get the indication, at all, that Mickey didn't like Marion or thought he sucked or something. And this wasn't the first time that his bouncing it outside too often was mentioned. He's been mentioning it for about a month now.

You've spun a lot of what he said, but there's no arguing the first rounder comment, it wasn't meant to be flattering at all. "Don't confuse yourself with a 1st rounder, you were selected in the forth round." does not mean "Play your game.". It means you didn't have the talent in college to be considering a 1st rounder, what makes you think you have that talent now?

Barber has done a lot of good to this team and even better, he's kept his mouth shut and done whatever was asked of him. Telling him he shouldn't act like a 1st rounder is an absolute insult in every way imaginable.

30yrheel

Reaction score
mickey always gives the company line, i thought nate newton was going to knock him out on monday's talking cowboys

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Joe Rod;2416252 said:
Note to self; belittle soccer as much as possible when Wraith is online:eek:hboy:

Soccer I spew my disdain at you. Bunch of dang pansies! Roll around on the ground for 5 minutes holding your leg in desperate agony then jump up and prance off the field. :rolleyes:

Soccer is in the same group as baseball IMO. Next.

Mansta54

Reaction score
THUMPER;2416533 said:
Soccer I spew my disdain at you. Bunch of dang pansies! Roll around on the ground for 5 minutes holding your leg in desperate agony then jump up and prance off the field. :rolleyes:

Soccer is in the same group as baseball IMO. Next.

:bow:

30yrheel

Reaction score
actually, soccer is one of the most physically demanding sports, and believe me, it's a contact sport. but all the flopping gives it a bad name.

Decleater101

Reaction score
This info is, or WAS confidential, but it's been several, SEVERAL years ago so I think the statute of limitations has probably run out.

When Barber was a kid, he once egged Mick's house on halloween ond Mickey still hold's a grudge.

:bang2: