Why does Mickey hate Barber so much?

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Chief;2415856 said:
Perhaps Mickey has a problem with Barber because Barber is everything Mickey is not ... quiet, humble, tough, smart, talented ...

Wow, that quip was so deep, it is worthy of being put in a signature.

:hammer:

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
TheCount;2417126 said:
Well you've got that half right, except it's not just the left side.
Like a lot of people do, Eskimo overgeneralizes about Barber being a power runner, but he is right about the left side of the line being our weakness.

We can run right, when Garrett wants to. In the four losses, we've only run to the right 16 times (out of 61 Barber runs). Barber's averaging over 6 yards on each of those runs, btw.

Eskimo;2416776 said:
I think Barber's flaws as a full-time feature back have been exposed and he clearly needs a backup to split carries with 60-40. I also think Felix will end up being a better all-around back because he can run both inside and outside and will be more of a threat in the receiving game.
You're obviously not Mickey if you want to give Barber 60% of the carries.;)

Felix looks like he could be something special, and if he gets healthy we're about to find out for sure. But if he's active, he has to touch the ball at least 10 times per game, and that includes 2 or 3 receptions. I expected him to catch 40 balls this year, and he's still 38 short.

Eskimo

Reaction score
percyhoward;2418976 said:
Felix looks like he could be something special, and if he gets healthy we're about to find out for sure. But if he's active, he has to touch the ball at least 10 times per game, and that includes 2 or 3 receptions. I expected him to catch 40 balls this year, and he's still 38 short.

For someone who is so elusive it is a crying shame we have not done more to get him the ball in space. This is a completely different scenario than JuJo who was limited by hands. Hopefully we'll see him on the field more because we are overusing/misusing Barber right now.