Why draft a back 4th overall if you’re not willing to pay him?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OMG, I never said you did Characterize him in that way. Where do you get this stuff from? I specifically said that Zeke is not those guys. I specifically made the point that Zeke is a Bellcow back. I specifically said that he has elite skills and I specifically said that we don't need that and that we can have a very productive run game with three good NFL talents who are a step below but can all play.

I specifically explained that we don't need three guys that can give you 20 a game over a 16 game season. I specifically said that occasionally, you come across a game where you need a back to give you 20 and you need to have a guy who is capable of doing that on occasion. I specifically said these things.

I mean, how do you get on the totally wrong page here consistently?

You said a guy being able to carry the ball 20 times in a game every once in awhile is the point regarding what a team needs from a RB, and it was not my point. You are acting as if a guy carrying the ball 20 times once in a blue moon has the same, or at least a similar impact on the team as Zeke. That is not the case.

And you are continually refusing to acknowledge there is a different need for a team that intends to lean heavily on its running game than one that intends to lean more heavily on its passing game.

You like to think of RBs as "one size fits all", and as long as a RB fits a generic description of what you think a RB is then that's all any team needs. In the real world, teams are all built in different ways, and there is no "one size fits all". The Seahawks and the Ravens won the Super Bowl on a strong running game and strong defense. The Patriots win largely on Tom Brady's back. The Eagles did it with a balanced offense and peaking at the right time. You can't reasonably say there is only one way, and it makes no difference what type of system a team runs.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, we're done here. Go back and look at the post you reference here 331.

You want to spend 60 mil on Zeke, that's fine. It's not gonna happen but you do you. Maybe you can go back and get Rothlessraper, LT and the Ghost of Dandy Don to come play. Maybe you can pay them all top dollar. I wish you good luck.
i never said I want to spend $60MM on Zeke. That's an argument you fabricated as you diverted attention away from the discussion about the importance of a RB and whether there is any reasonable reason to draft one high. I've merely argued that a team that relies heavily on the running game is not being unreasonable by drafting in a manner that assures they have the best possible chance to have the best possible running game, and you argued that a team can get a similar benefit from any old RB that can carry the ball 20 times every once in awhile.

This is all getting stupid again, so I'm going to try to just end this - again - by saying we will have to agree to disagree. I know you will just say you are okay with that, but get in your last comment that I'm wrong, but go ahead. No need for either of us to keep running head first into a brick wall.

Number1

Reaction score
"Why draft a back 4th overall if you’re not willing to pay him?"

I doubt they really knew how immature he was at the time, or maybe hoped he'd grow out of it

and they have seriously over worked him,
in the same situation, would you want a raise considering last year's 380 touches?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You said a guy being able to carry the ball 20 times in a game every once in awhile is the point regarding what a team needs from a RB, and it was not my point. You are acting as if a guy carrying the ball 20 times once in a blue moon has the same, or at least a similar impact on the team as Zeke. That is not the case.

And you are continually refusing to acknowledge there is a different need for a team that intends to lean heavily on its running game than one that intends to lean more heavily on its passing game.

You like to think of RBs as "one size fits all", and as long as a RB fits a generic description of what you think a RB is then that's all any team needs. In the real world, teams are all built in different ways, and there is no "one size fits all". The Seahawks and the Ravens won the Super Bowl on a strong running game and strong defense. The Patriots win largely on Tom Brady's back. The Eagles did it with a balanced offense and peaking at the right time. You can't reasonably say there is only one way, and it makes no difference what type of system a team runs.

I never said that, you can't find a post where this sentiment is contained and I'm tired of having to defend myself over your inability to understand the written language. You believe he deserves 60 million. I maintain that otherwise and insist that we don't need Zeke to have a successful run game. We're done here.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
i never said I want to spend $60MM on Zeke. That's an argument you fabricated as you diverted attention away from the discussion about the importance of a RB and whether there is any reasonable reason to draft one high. I've merely argued that a team that relies heavily on the running game is not being unreasonable by drafting in a manner that assures they have the best possible chance to have the best possible running game, and you argued that a team can get a similar benefit from any old RB that can carry the ball 20 times every once in awhile.

This is all getting stupid again, so I'm going to try to just end this - again - by saying we will have to agree to disagree. I know you will just say you are okay with that, but get in your last comment that I'm wrong, but go ahead. No need for either of us to keep running head first into a brick wall.

I agree, it's a complete waste of time but it's chiefly because you can't or won't understand what is being written. You twist it into something it's not. It's cool, whatever.

BTW, this entire thread is about Zeke and his contract demands, which are reported to be 60 mil. If you don't believe he deserves that, then exactly what do you stand for?

RD21

Reaction score
they are paying him,

3m in 2019
9m in 2020

it's called a contract
I agree. It is my opinion that, Zeke would probably have gotten a new deal going into next season anyways. It's pretty common to extend/restructure deals going into last years. Especially for top players in prime positions. Imagine Zeke plays this year out, has a great season, we go NFC Championship. Guarantee he'd have gotten a new deal prior 2020. If for no reason other than, to free up some cap space for other deals lurking. This common maneuver usually ends in the player getting a nice, or significant up front cash payment as well.

You just can't pay all of em top deals, especially all at once. Dak, Amiri, & Zeke.... come on. Jaylon coming soon. Yikes. They're all connected. In my opinion, Zeke really threw some unneeded stress prematurely, into an already difficult cap situation. I hope Zeke eats some humble pie, drops his holdout, & shows up to camp soon. I have a hard time seeing this end well for the team & us as fans, without that happening. Hope I'm wrong...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree, it's a complete waste of time but it's chiefly because you can't or won't understand what is being written. You twist it into something it's not. It's cool, whatever.

BTW, this entire thread is about Zeke and his contract demands, which are reported to be 60 mil. If you don't believe he deserves that, then exactly what do you stand for?
Or maybe it’s just that your logic isn’t as strong as you believe it to be, and you aren’t as infallible as you think you are.

Yeah, maybe that’s it.

Naw, couldn’t be that. Could it?

Lol

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Or maybe it’s just that your logic isn’t as strong as you believe it to be, and you aren’t as infallible as you think you are.

Yeah, maybe that’s it.

Naw, couldn’t be that. Could it?

Lol

Not in this conversation, not hardly. Although, I can see why you would try and take it that way. You don't have a leg to stand on, otherwise. Beat that drum, die on that hill.

BTW, I asked you a question and once again, you didn't answer it. You say you never said that Zeke should get paid 60 mil, yet you argue this whole time. Well, if Zeke is demanding 60 mil, do you believe he should get 60 mil or not? It's a yes or no question. This should not be difficult for you. Do you believe Zeke should get the 60 or not?

cern

Reaction score
I doubt anyone, front office or otherwise, could have foreseen the spike in rb salaries since 2016. or tackles, guards, de's, lb's, safeties, cb's, qb's, or wr's. no baby steps here. quantum leaps.

dallasdave

Reaction score
I never said that, you can't find a post where this sentiment is contained and I'm tired of having to defend myself over your inability to understand the written language. You believe he deserves 60 million. I maintain that otherwise and insist that we don't need Zeke to have a successful run game. We're done here.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::oldcouple::oldcouple::oldcouple::oldcouple:

dallasdave

Reaction score

He can't :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

dallasdave

Reaction score
I have no feelings one way or the other on it. Doesn't make me feel better or worse. It simply is a fact, that's all I'm saying. You can say that you agree to disagree with that as well, if you like. Doesn't make it wrong because it's not wrong and I'm sorry I have to explain that. It should be relatively simple to understand and accept Omer.
Yeah it should be simple @OmerV :lmao2::lmao::lmao2:

jay94

Reaction score
Because runningback is the easiest position to transition from college to pro. Also our running back wants to be paid the highest in the league.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Not in this conversation, not hardly. Although, I can see why you would try and take it that way. You don't have a leg to stand on, otherwise. Beat that drum, die on that hill.

BTW, I asked you a question and once again, you didn't answer it. You say you never said that Zeke should get paid 60 mil, yet you argue this whole time. Well, if Zeke is demanding 60 mil, do you believe he should get 60 mil or not? It's a yes or no question. This should not be difficult for you. Do you believe Zeke should get the 60 or not?
There's people here that are unable to answer direct questions. Good luck.