Why extend Dak now

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Unless you have a generational talent at QB increasing QB salary does not equate to success at least not in the terms that is expected of this franchise.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Lotta haters call him "noodle arm"...but funny thing is those passes did end up in receiver hands. Er...OUR receivers! :laugh:
I mean with the VERY limited number of throws this is just not true...
career:
Total att: 236, Comp: 143, Comp%: 60.6, avg per pas: 6.9, td:8 int: 5...again even with his low number of attempts his numbers are below average in every way compared to Dak's Huge number of attempts its lacking in every way..so if Rush was a better passer then wouldn't the low number show inflated good not bad? Again move on from Dak but this revision of how Rush played in games has gotten out of hand...Those passes, even when he actually does throw it , get to the WR at a very low rate compared to Todays' NFL QB comp%..

Creeper

Reaction score
Since all the high priced FA's are gone. Why would we extend Dak now. What exactly would we need alot of cap space for.?

When we extend CeeDee our cap will lower and once we Extend Parsons our cap should be around where it's at now.

We added 5 mil today for cap help. We should be good on draft picks money. Let Dak play out the season and if we somehow get to the NFC Championship or Super Bowl then Dak can break the bank especially if we win it all. I think no one here would care then.

I know it's another Dak thread but we need better play from Dak or just move on and start over
We have not won anything in 30 years so what's another 2 to 3 years of grooming a new QB. Then at least we'll have some hope
The only reason to extend him now is because he will cost more in 2025. The Cowboys just did a little restructure on his contract and put another $5 million in voidable years. They now have $40 million in dead money on just Dak alone if he leaves. If the Designate Gallup a June 1 cut that adds another $8.7 to the dead money. Zack Martin adds another $17 million in dead money, and DLaw is another $7.5 million. That is a lot of dead money

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please continue the whining.

It's very entertaining and therapeutic.
:laugh: :popcorn:
Just trying to help bud...........This is your mecca when it comes to the Cowboys and social media!
Go get 'em, Batman!!!
Now remember ...................Dak must be your oxygen!!!! :muttley:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean with the VERY limited number of throws this is just not true...
career:
Total att: 236, Comp: 143, Comp%: 60.6, avg per pas: 6.9, td:8 int: 5...again even with his low number of attempts his numbers are below average in every way compared to Dak's Huge number of attempts its lacking in every way..so if Rush was a better passer then wouldn't the low number show inflated good not bad? Again move on from Dak but this revision of how Rush played in games has gotten out of hand...Those passes, even when he actually does throw it , get to the WR at a very low rate compared to Todays' NFL QB comp%..
I never said he was dan marino...so not sure why the rant.

So now do coops critical turnover s.

And no....not clamoring for coop. Just wish alleged cowboys fan would give him a smidge of credit.
The fact AC gave you a like....is very telling.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I never said he was dan marino...so not sure why the rant.

So now do coops critical turnover s.

And no....not clamoring for coop. Just wish alleged cowboys fan would give him a smidge of credit.
The fact AC gave you a like....is very telling.
so you were not trying to say his passes ended up in our WR hands alot? just responded to what you said..no rant. Your welcome to show me anything i said that is false...your cat fight with AC can stay in your corner.

khiladi

Reaction score
That's what I thought as well, but the addition of the two void years added to his contract worries me. Lets keep watching what they do. The more money they keep pushing forward with restructures, the less likely an extension comes this year.
What's the logic behind the last 2 void years and why does it worry you? I'm curious to know, as I don't really care about contract details. This, I do, as it seems to apply to whether Dak stays or goes per the FO, per most on here..

jgboys1

Reaction score
With apologies to Sweet....

Dak is like oxygen,
Plays the scrubs, you get to high.
Plays the rest, and you're going to die.
Dak got the pie.
Lol.

Now when I hear this song, I will be singing these same lyrics!

khiladi

Reaction score
Shanny, the best offensive mind in the league, watched the dude everyday in practice for over two years and decided a day 3 pick and a six pack of Dr. Pepper was worth more.

That is a huge red flag for me.

Now has he undergone some great transformation under Fat Mike and is looking like a young A-Rod in practice for us? I highly doubt it, but I guess it is possible.

And everybody that is saying wait till preseason when this guy gets works with the 1s.................what if he looks like the dude Shanny sent packing, what if he sucks???

I guess we lit up a 4th rounder for nothing and both Dak and Lance are walking after this season as free agents? I dont see it, but I could be wrong. We shall see.
I get your point, but he's really not the best offensive mind in the league, considering he's a train wreck when his team is trailing from behind at half. And he has never really developed any QB. He gets QBs that can run his system.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so you were not trying to say his passes ended up in our WR hands alot? just responded to what you said..no rant. Your welcome to show me anything i said that is false...your cat fight with AC can stay in your corner.
I didnt put ac in any corner....just a simple observation such as you say you are doing now.
I merely said his "noodle arm" passes seem to hit the target"alot" (for clarity: ) as compared to attempts. If they were so noodly, the defense didnt seem to notice.
. If i made any mention of massive amounts of attempts...i apologize.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Shanny, the best offensive mind in the league, watched the dude everyday in practice for over two years and decided a day 3 pick and a six pack of Dr. Pepper was worth more.

That is a huge red flag for me.

Now has he undergone some great transformation under Fat Mike and is looking like a young A-Rod in practice for us? I highly doubt it, but I guess it is possible.

And everybody that is saying wait till preseason when this guy gets works with the 1s.................what if he looks like the dude Shanny sent packing, what if he sucks???

I guess we lit up a 4th rounder for nothing and both Dak and Lance are walking after this season as free agents? I dont see it, but I could be wrong. We shall see.
Broke his throwing hand and then his leg.