Why extend Dak now

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I didnt put ac in any corner....just a simple observation such as you say you are doing now.
I merely said his "noodle arm" passes seem to hit the target"alot" (for clarity: ) as compared to attempts. If they were so noodly, the defense didnt seem to notice.
. If i made any mention of massive amounts of attempts...i apologize.
and i was pointing out he has a low Comp% compared to the average completion % in todays NFL at 60%..so they dont actually hit the WR alot compared to what todays NFL QB's do...Rush did what he was aksed to do no doubt, but compared to what QB's in todays NFL do he was not good at passing, even when they were not asking him to pass much each game. Thats all the numbers show

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and i was pointing out he has a low Comp% compared to the average completion % in todays NFL at 60%..so they dont actually hit the WR alot compared to what todays NFL QB's do...Rush did what he was aksed to do no doubt, but compared to what QB's in todays NFL do he was not good at passing, even when they were not asking him to pass much each game. Thats all the numbers show
Ok....
Thanks for pointing that out but i wasnt saying anything like that at all. There was no comparison to the rest of the league.

In fact my smilie thingy was meant to be light hearted. Sorry it offended your sensibilities.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Ok....
Thanks for pointing that out but i wasnt saying anything like that at all. There was no comparison to the rest of the league.

In fact my smilie thingy was meant to be light hearted. Sorry it offended your sensibilities.
I'll try to get over it...i guess

Flamma

Reaction score
What's the logic behind the last 2 void years and why does it worry you? I'm curious to know, as I don't really care about contract details. This, I do, as it seems to apply to whether Dak stays or goes per the FO, per most on here..
Because adding two void years to spread out 5M is not necessary. It's like buying a 3 car garage to hold 1 electric scooter. It stinks of an extension, or future restructures. One of the two. They're planning for more to go there.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Shanny, the best offensive mind in the league, watched the dude everyday in practice for over two years and decided a day 3 pick and a six pack of Dr. Pepper was worth more.

That is a huge red flag for me.

Now has he undergone some great transformation under Fat Mike and is looking like a young A-Rod in practice for us? I highly doubt it, but I guess it is possible.

And everybody that is saying wait till preseason when this guy gets works with the 1s.................what if he looks like the dude Shanny sent packing, what if he sucks???

I guess we lit up a 4th rounder for nothing and both Dak and Lance are walking after this season as free agents? I dont see it, but I could be wrong. We shall see.
Really one of the best offensive minds in the football who was also a big part of the decision to give three first round picks for this guy Yep that was his decision he's the head coach he allowed it to happen and now you're giving him credit for getting a draft pick back from us and also thought garoppolo could take him to the promised land and couldn't and now he got lucky and yes that's not a great offensive mind Brock Purdy fell into his lap by accident that's like Tom Brady you really think that New England knew that Tom Brady was gonna be the goat no that was dumb luck everyone says around here getting Prescott and Romo back-to-back was just plain luck and that Jerry don't know how to pick a quarterback but you think that great offensive line pick Brock Purdy knowing he was gonna turn into this which we don't know what that is particularly yet till we see at least three or four years from the guy but they tripped into that and they still couldn't find a way the last couple of years to get to a Super Bowl.... And when they finally do they're getting beat.. That franchise may have had more postseason success than us but they 1994 was the last time they won a Super Bowl you wanna use that 28 to 30 year nonsense ohh them you know this bright geniuses you wanna drool over once again maybe you ought to try better to not be so easy to throw around positives about other teams that are absolutely are rivals when they just got plain lucky.....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Since all the high priced FA's are gone. Why would we extend Dak now. What exactly would we need alot of cap space for.?

When we extend CeeDee our cap will lower and once we Extend Parsons our cap should be around where it's at now.

We added 5 mil today for cap help. We should be good on draft picks money. Let Dak play out the season and if we somehow get to the NFC Championship or Super Bowl then Dak can break the bank especially if we win it all. I think no one here would care then.

I know it's another Dak thread but we need better play from Dak or just move on and start over
We have not won anything in 30 years so what's another 2 to 3 years of grooming a new QB. Then at least we'll have some hope
they will extend back and they'll probably be about two weeks before the season starts because they may not want him to become a free agent but there's a lot of negotiations that gone on it's bigger than just the salary cap which by the way they could still use money all the big name and high price free agents are not gone there are a lot of really good players still out there probably 103 deep at every position you act like they've been picked clean and really they have it besides the fact that there could always be a trade and if you're going to trade for a good player that has a big contract you're going to need money so I'm just giving you some reasons why they might still extend him...

I'm not saying they should but I'm telling you don't think because I haven't already that it won't happen here in a few weeks or a few weeks before the season starts when they feel the need for it they'll do it..... Because after the draft that they didn't get what they wanted or they have an injury or they feel they still have a big hole to fill they could do this at anytime and then go make a trade or wait for another big name to be cut as a June 1st cut or post draft lots of guys get cut that could be a surprise...

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For the love of God people. Jerry has been planning this since last year's training camp.
FINALLY!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
YES!!!!!!!!!!! It's like they're doing this just to give cowboys fans something to talk about, we know in the end he's going to get a big deal, they're stupid if they're just playing around. Stop wasting time if you're really going to sign him to the biggest deal ever, knowing he doesn't deserve it
They purposefully paint themselves into a corner and claim they had no choice. Just like they say the have no cap room to sign anyone.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
They purposefully paint themselves into a corner and claim they had no choice. Just like they say the have no cap room to sign anyone.
Right!! Try to make players look bad and say we can't do this because another player is taking up so much

Chasing6

Reaction score
Since all the high priced FA's are gone. Why would we extend Dak now. What exactly would we need alot of cap space for.?

When we extend CeeDee our cap will lower and once we Extend Parsons our cap should be around where it's at now.

We added 5 mil today for cap help. We should be good on draft picks money. Let Dak play out the season and if we somehow get to the NFC Championship or Super Bowl then Dak can break the bank especially if we win it all. I think no one here would care then.

I know it's another Dak thread but we need better play from Dak or just move on and start over
We have not won anything in 30 years so what's another 2 to 3 years of grooming a new QB. Then at least we'll have some hope
Why extend CD now? Why extend anyone, if we are not going to use the cap space to sign free agents?

Save all the cap space for next year.

Dumb GM and bad luck:

1. Extend players coming off a major injury - dumb.

2. Extend players to big contracts and then they get immediately injured(Diggs) - bad luck.

3. Extend RB's - beyond dumb.

Need to have an understanding of risk by position.

Last edited:

mugsybows

Reaction score
Because it’s the jones boys and they do the dumbest ish ever all while counting our money

Bagman

Reaction score
Zero reason to wait. The cowboys are just gonna cave to Daks demands anyway, start negotiating now get it done and move on. Doesn't matter what we'd do, they will extend him. They will make him the highest paid QB. Dak is holding all the cards and the cowboys gave up any illusion of control of this situation.
Dak doesn't hold all the cards. Just don't pay him any more money. Period. What's going to happen? We won't win anything ? If we can't win a championship with a $42 million QB, will paying him $56 million a year give us more wins ?

Bagman

Reaction score
Shanny, the best offensive mind in the league, watched the dude everyday in practice for over two years and decided a day 3 pick and a six pack of Dr. Pepper was worth more.

That is a huge red flag for me.

Now has he undergone some great transformation under Fat Mike and is looking like a young A-Rod in practice for us? I highly doubt it, but I guess it is possible.

And everybody that is saying wait till preseason when this guy gets works with the 1s.................what if he looks like the dude Shanny sent packing, what if he sucks???

I guess we lit up a 4th rounder for nothing and both Dak and Lance are walking after this season as free agents? I dont see it, but I could be wrong. We shall see.
I think the Niners were highly embarrassed by the price they paid to acquire Lance. When he didn't win the starter job, he needed to go. It's not good for the locker room to have such an expensive mistake in a backup role. But all of that doesn't mean he can't develop. The Cowboys had/have the luxury of letting Lance learn at a much slower pace.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak doesn't hold all the cards. Just don't pay him any more money. Period. What's going to happen? We won't win anything ? If we can't win a championship with a $42 million QB, will paying him $56 million a year give us more wins ?
He still has all the cards. GM Jethro can fold his hand if he wants to and Dak can sign wherever he wants.