Why has Jason Garrett not been called out?

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
From the way this offense has looked, they should have used some type
of "gimmick" plays against the Giants. For some reason we didn't.

Garrett needs to be more creative, He needs to put T.O. in motion, He needs to use Choice/F. Jones/ (WR) R. Williams ALOT more.

It shouldn't matter who's the QB. This offense should be better than this.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
rexrobinson;2398361 said:
LOL, how is Manny Lawson doing theogt?

This topic and the unbelievably low football IQ around here is why I am a lurker rather than an active poster on this site these days. Thank God for the handful of people who give this site a lot of great information.

Listen, if you want a game where play calling makes all the difference, go play some Tecmo bowl but don't call the same play as the CPU or they will beat ya!
Just to be clear, I was telling you to put the other guy on ignore.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2398284 said:
:lmao2: we were only 5 yards from the endzone

can't really run any 30 yard slants

Could of ran the ball but instead they threw it.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
khiladi;2398339 said:
Maybe Garrett can be a more effective play-caller, allowing the offensive line to establish continuity...

Instead, this gus is having this OL always trying to defend in pass protection with the WRs running so far downfield... No wonder they freakin' tire out and are so inconsistent in their play...

Ok well I agree with you now. That's football talk. Love it. Agree. His play calling has become too predictable. But without a QB he's not going to do anything but go backwards. Esp with the OL not blocking as well. OTOH, if the QB makes some throws the OL will look much better. And no one is going to block well when the D does not have to respect the QB. The D is going to cheat and pin their ears back and just come after the QB. Can't run the ball either.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
theogt;2398369 said:
Just to be clear, I was telling you to put the other guy on ignore.

I know man, your one of my boys! Bad punctuation on my part.

I wanted to bring back some memories of our great attempt to make everyone realize how good Manny was. LOL

khiladi

Reaction score
This topic and the unbelievably low football IQ around here is why I am a lurker rather than an active poster on this site these days. Thank God for the handful of people who give this site a lot of great information.

Listen, if you want a game where play calling makes all the difference, go play some Tecmo bowl but don't call the same play as the CPU or they will beat ya!

One more time for you:

Terrell Owens said that they weren't using him in motion.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
rexrobinson;2398385 said:
I know man, your one of my boys! Bad punctuation on my part.

I wanted to bring back some memories of our great attempt to make everyone realize how good Manny was. LOL
I think he was hurt again this year. Too fragile, I guess.

khiladi

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2398402 said:
all is still well for some folks

The fact this team has Roy Williams, Terrell Owens, Marion Barber and Jason Witten... Martellus Bennett and other weapons...

And people are still trying to excuse Jason Garrett... Please...

I don't care who is QB... The fact is their is no excuse for being this bad offensively with all this talent. Last year, this offense sputtered when TO went down... JG hasn't shown any ability to adjust when his good players go down...

The fact that he watches Brad Johnson everday in practice and is supposedly a QB coach should tell you all you need to know right now... I'm going to flat out laugh if Culpepper comes in and starts performing in Detroit..

rexrobinson

Reaction score
khiladi;2398397 said:
One more time for you:

Terrell Owens said that they weren't using him in motion.

I don't care if Terrell says he is a chicken and does the Macarena you can visibly see him going in motion on many plays. Just go re-watch it you will see.

And just to reiterate, if we can't execute the simple plays how is a creative and probably more complex play going to get executed any better?

I am all for being creative (whatever that means) but they have to execute the simple stuff first.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
rexrobinson;2398448 said:
I don't care if Terrell says he is a chicken and does the Macarena you can visibly see him going in motion on many plays. Just go re-watch it you will see.

And just to reiterate, if we can't execute the simple plays how is a creative and probably more complex play going to get executed any better?

I am all for being creative (whatever that means) but they have to execute the simple stuff first.

As a decoy.:rolleyes:

khiladi

Reaction score
rexrobinson;2398448 said:

I will repeat it one more time for you:

Terrell Owens said they don't use him in motion, although that is where he is at his best.

TO said this last week, meaning isn't common, meaning Jason Garrett is a freakin' idiot.

TO knows the playbook way better than you do.

How many times did Brad Johnson try to throw it to TO, when you claim TO was being used in motion and short routes all day long?

Let me repeat for you one more time:

TO has been held to crappy production for over 5 or 6 weeks now, even with Tony Romo. Teams have been doubling TO, playing over the top, and Jason Garrett is not changing anything, but is still having him run right into the heart of the defense.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score

Anyone who tries to downplay the importance of the system and play calling needs to be put down.

Sometimes "execution" is nothing more than the quarterback hitting the ocean from a rowboat. Great offensive coordinators create a lot of those situations.

Sean Payton, Mike Shanahan, Mike Martz, and Mike Holmgren do that.

Jason Garrett doesn't do that.

It's pretty hard to "execute" when teams are doubling your best offensive player and you don't do anything to try to create mismatches for him and throw off the defense. It's hard to "execute" when defenses can basically predict EXACTLY what play has been called and defend it perfectly.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2396808 said:
great teams overcome injuries.

To their franchise QBs???

How is that working for the Pats this year without Brady?

A great team that went undefeated in the regular season last year surely can overcome just 1 injury on offense.

Right???

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2396860 said:
coughcoughtitanscoughcoughvikingscoughcoughpatscoughcough

Vince Young? Please, Kerry Collins is 5 times the QB Vince will ever be. Vince is a below average NFL QB, anybody that says otherwise is just being a UT homer. Plus Vince is all screwed up in the head and lost his job.

Is Vince hurt right now.....answer is NO. (this means he lost his freaking job).

Tarvarius Jackson? The guy freaking blows, anybody with 10% of their brain functioning would bench this loser.

Cassell with the Pats. He is decent, that is about it. Of course the Pats have 1 less loss then we do right now so it is not like Cassell is schooling the league or anything.

khiladi

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2398914 said:

A great team that went undefeated in the regular season last year surely can overcome just 1 injury on offense.

Right???

They are competing for their division... They have a winning record with that bus-driver at QB. Us, on the other hand, freaking suck with our back-ups...

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2398914 said:

Right???
The Patriots are 5-3 and haven't had Brady since the 1st play of the 1st game. They also currently lead their division.

If you watched the Patriots play and then watched us play, you'd see the difference.

They haven't exactly beat a quality team yet, but we've certainly lost to some teams we should have beat as well.