Why has Jason Garrett not been called out?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
rexrobinson;2397882 said:
I don't mind blaming Jason Garrett on thinking Brad could run this offense. I do think that it is stupid to blame game planning on the issues this team is having.

Execution and winning the individual battles is what wins games. Like I said before I think most of the football education on this board comes from a video game.

You've noticed that, too, huh?

khiladi

Reaction score
Jason Garrett sucks, plain and simple. He is the only OC in history to hold Terrell Owens to like 1 catch per game for 4 staright games. He never shortened routes when Romo was getting killed, he never set TO in motion and had him run quick slants.

When TO went out last year, this offense sputtered. When teams took away TO this year, Romo was getting killed, because of the pressure. Now that Romo is out, we can't do squat.

Jason Garrett is the worst coach on this team right now. He is right up there with Brain Stewart.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Garrett sucks. How eloquent! Genius!

I guess Garrett needs to put a uniform on and QB the team as well as call the plays.

One of the highest powered offenses I've seen in a while. Not saying he doesn't have some short comings but to say he sucks is absolutely so far from reality to be summarily dismissed.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
jobberone;2398200 said:

I guess Garrett needs to put a uniform on and QB the team as well as call the plays.

One of the highest powered offenses I've seen in a while. Not saying he doesn't have some short comings but to say he sucks is absolutely so far from reality to be summarily dismissed.
Maybe he doesn't suck. But he's irrelevant.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
We should commend the OP, he nailed it right on the head. THis whole coaching staff is overated. Calling this a star coaching staff before training camp. Yah right. Best coach we had on this team left for Miami to lead their over achieving players. This offense has been top 5 material before Garrett got here.

khiladi

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2398218 said:
We should commend the OP, he nailed it right on the head. THis whole coaching staff is overated. Calling this a star coaching staff before training camp. Yah right. Best coach we had on this team left for Miami to lead their over achieving players. This offense has been top 5 material before Garrett got here.

Because of Tony Romo... Other than that, the philosophy hasn't changed much, except TO is centered more. Both offenses run vertical routes.

Jason Garrett is as predictable now as this offense was when Parcells was here...

khiladi

Reaction score
jobberone;2398200 said:

And I haven't seen TO being held to 1 or 2 catches a game except when JG has been coaching...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
khiladi;2398249 said:
And I haven't seen TO being held to 1 or 2 catches a game except when JG has been coaching...

And the fact the QB turns the ball over or they make penalties and kill drives is Garretts fault?

I do agree he could do some things differently but to say he sucks is absurd and denies the facts.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2398263 said:
And the fact the QB turns the ball over or they make penalties and kill drives is Garretts fault.

I do agree he could do some things differently but to say he sucks is absurd and denies the facts.

when a team is doubling TO

the smart thing to do would be to put him in motion and have him run slants

what doe Garrett do? not the smart thing

Oline having trouble pass-blocking? what routes should you have your WRs run? the smart routes to have them run would be shorter ones, what does Garrett do? not the smart thing

rexrobinson

Reaction score
khiladi;2398158 said:
Jason Garrett sucks, plain and simple. He is the only OC in history to hold Terrell Owens to like 1 catch per game for 4 staright games. He never shortened routes when Romo was getting killed, he never set TO in motion and had him run quick slants.

When TO went out last year, this offense sputtered. When teams took away TO this year, Romo was getting killed, because of the pressure. Now that Romo is out, we can't do squat.

Jason Garrett is the worst coach on this team right now. He is right up there with Brain Stewart.

I nominate this as the worst post of the year!

T.O. has ran many short routes. He scored a TD on one of them and Brad threw an interception on another. Do you think that calling for shorter routes is going to keep the defense from adjusting and/or jumping them? There are 11 guys on the other side of the ball that help dictate what happens. I can't believe how a lot of you guys think that the play called is more powerful than the execution.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
jobberone;2398263 said:
And the fact the QB turns the ball over or they make penalties and kill drives is Garretts fault?

Somebody had to yank the plug on his, "Player.":whip:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
rexrobinson;2398280 said:

T.O. has ran many short routes. He scored a TD on one of them and Brad threw an interception on another. Do you think that calling for shorter routes is going to keep the defense from adjusting and/or jumping them? There are 11 guys on the other side of the ball that help dictate what happens. I can't believe how a lot of you guys think that the play called is more powerful than the execution.

:lmao2: we were only 5 yards from the endzone

can't really run any 30 yard slants

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
rexrobinson;2398280 said:
This is definitely one of those to put on the ignore list.

Embrace the ignore list.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2398277 said:
when a team is doubling TO

the smart thing to do would be to put him in motion and have him run slants

what doe Garrett do? not the smart thing

Oline having trouble pass-blocking? what routes should you have your WRs run? the smart routes to have them run would be shorter ones, what does Garrett do? not the smart thing

That is not true, go re-watch the game, he was in motion a lot, he ran several short routes. Hell, he scored on one and Brad threw an interception on another. I think you guys like drama so much you make the stuff up. You should work for the media.

khiladi

Reaction score
rexrobinson;2398295 said:
That is not true, go re-watch the game, he was in motion a lot, he ran several short routes. Hell, he scored on one and Brad threw an interception on another. I think you guys like drama so much you make the stuff up. You should work for the media.

You mean Jason Garrett shortened routes a couple times with Brad Johnson in the game is your proof? A couple routes is proof? How about the interception by Brad Johnson downfield?

Why not show us the proof when Tony Romo was QB and when BJ played the Rams.? You do know Tony Romo has one of the quickest releases in the NFL and is quite accurate on the short passes. Where is the proof Jason Garrett is employing these routes..

You do know that TO himself has stated that he isn't being used in motion, which is where he is best? He responded quite simply when asked:

Ask the coaches.

Let me repeat...

TO HIMSELF SAID THAT THEY AREN'T USING HIM IN MOTION....

khiladi

Reaction score
jobberone;2398263 said:

Maybe Garrett can be a more effective play-caller, allowing the offensive line to establish continuity...

Instead, this gus is having this OL always trying to defend in pass protection with the WRs running so far downfield... No wonder they freakin' tire out and are so inconsistent in their play...

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
khiladi;2398339 said:
Maybe Garrett can be a more effective play-caller, allowing the offensive line to establish continuity...

Instead, this gus is having this OL always trying to defend in pass protection with the WRs running so far downfield... No wonder they freakin' tire out and are so inconsistent in their play...

I think you're on to something here.:cool:

rexrobinson

Reaction score
theogt;2398285 said:
This is definitely one of those to put on the ignore list.

Embrace the ignore list.

This topic and the unbelievably low football IQ around here is why I am a lurker rather than an active poster on this site these days. Thank God for the handful of people who give this site a lot of great information.

Listen, if you want a game where play calling makes all the difference, go play some Tecmo bowl but don't call the same play as the CPU or they will beat ya!