Why I believe the 7-1 PHI team is a paper Eagle

CWR

Reaction score
It's doesn't matter how much we beat bad teams by.

It's one of the bigger mysteries with this team. They manage to demolish bad teams but not have that translate to the elite.

That said this is a division rival and I expect a decent game.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Everyone of those guys is an Eagles fan. As well as @sarge1116, @sandbridge77, and @Jimbo123. All sad Eagles trolls. Most of you joined at the same time too. Right before the undefeated season that never was. Good times
Whatever you say Nancy Drew …. I have continually called half of those those clowns out over the last year for being Eagles fans, especially the obvious weirdo whom I won’t name to stay within the guidelines. Hate on me for disagreeing about our quarterback and not being a huge homer that doesn’t critique our team, but don’t lump me in with some of those people.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
"Everyone I disagree with is an Eagles fan."

That is the pathetic and absurd level of cope that some resort to as if it is the only strat in their toolkit.

It's like a variation of the "No True Scotsman" Fallacy.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
"Everyone I disagree with is an Eagles fan."

That is the pathetic and absurd level of cope that some resort to as if it is the only strat in their toolkit.

It's like a variation of the "No True Scotsman" Fallacy.
Apparently my my registration date makes me one ? We have a certified Hardy Boy here working the case … watch out !

GINeric

Reaction score
The Eagles know we're not the greatest against the run. They will wear our defensive line down with the run game. That's pretty much still our weakness

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
1. Comparables.

2023-11-01_12-23-15.png.b58e6dc70cff06e0dff689d776ec7c74.png
2023-11-01_12-22-06.png.bba6eab31b4c972f98721949f24326c2.png

2. A single impressive victory... Miami. And a single victory in which the outcome was never really in doubt... Tampa Bay.

This is a fortunate team. Yes, it's sometimes better to be lucky than good. No doubt. This post is just looking at the question of "how good are they really?"

They might be the weakest, most vulnerable 7-1 team in recent memory.

Now, none of that matters to Sunday's outcome specifically. They could continue to be fortunate, and we could lose. Reality, otoh, is most NFL games are that way... a bad team that plays at or near their ceiling often is capable of defeating a good team that plays at or near its floor.

I'm only making the point that is the subject header... this Eagles team has so far proven to be something less than the hype they're enjoying from being 7-1.
Good teams seem to find a way to win the games they are supposed to win.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The eagles are good but here's the thing... if Jalen Hurts is prevented from using his feet to get first downs and pressured, he won't be able to pick apart our defense with A.J. Brown downfield. So our defense needs to do what they did to Zach Wilson when we dominated the Jets in week 2.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Good teams seem to find a way to win the games they are supposed to win.
So what does that have to do with this game? We have two good teams here. They have both lost a game they were supposed to win. So your comment is moot. The stats aren't going to tell you who should win this one.

Roland

Reaction score
The Eagles know we're not the greatest against the run. They will wear our defensive line down with the run game. That's pretty much still our weakness
I think this right here could be the biggest factor in us winning or losing this game. How well we defend the run game.

Hadenough

Reaction score
It's doesn't matter how much we beat bad teams by.

It's one of the bigger mysteries with this team. They manage to demolish bad teams but not have that translate to the elite.

That said this is a division rival and I expect a decent game.
Exactly! The Cowboys can really pound bad teams but when faced with a team of equal talent they lose and lose bad. Dak goes from looking like a top 10 QB to looking like a backup. The only good team Dak had had any success against though is the Eagles. But only in the regular season if there is nothing on the line.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Head to head and division record is going to matter.

We needed Washington to pick them off once, but it didn’t happen. The Giants probably aren’t capable, so we need to do it ourselves.

Is the season over if Dallas loses Sunday? Not at all, but you can’t be higher than the five seed if you don’t win your division, and if anyone think they can win three road playoffs games in a row….you pretty much asking for miracles.

This is as important an early Nov game as it gets.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
1. Comparables.

2. A single impressive victory... Miami. And a single victory in which the outcome was never really in doubt... Tampa Bay.

This is a fortunate team. Yes, it's sometimes better to be lucky than good. No doubt. This post is just looking at the question of "how good are they really?"

Now, none of that matters to Sunday's outcome specifically. They could continue to be fortunate, and we could lose. Reality, otoh, is most NFL games are that way... a bad team that plays at or near their ceiling often is capable of defeating a good team that plays at or near its floor.

I'm only making the point that is the subject header... this Eagles team has so far proven to be something less than the hype they're enjoying from being 7-1.
Eagles havent played vs a team yet that they cant game plan against, they get to for the first time this Sunday evening.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I'm picking the Eagles to win, but I'm confident that the Cowboys will give it their best effort so far this season. I expect a close game coming down to the last few minutes. More importantly, I do think they will split the series with the Cowboys winning at home after the Eagles get softened up after playing that rough November stretch.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
1. Comparables.

mr Sturt---- this is a fine objective post of reasoning by evidence....this site needs posters as yourself...personally i am more in camp of emotional Homer

but....in the end as long as Cowboys win and may i add....with a good dose of BEATDOWN....we all happy campers....Sheagles last i saw were -3 at home

which is actually pick em because normally hometeam is given 3 points?....in my HOMER brain it should be Cowboys -7....i am giving fat Mike and our primo

DC benefit of any doubt that they will come into enemy Sheagle territory with their best scheme yet both offense and defense....and may Dak prove all Haters

wrong and be at top of his game sunday...many of you all drink during the game....i can no longer drink but the bottle of valium may be close at hand?.....

Go-Cowboys & How Bout Dem Cowboys!!!

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm picking the Eagles to win, but I'm confident that the Cowboys will give it their best effort so far this season. I expect a close game coming down to the last few minutes. More importantly, I do think they will split the series with the Cowboys winning at home after the Eagles get softened up after playing that rough November stretch.
mr Critic-----i hope you are "way wrong" on your speculation of game sunday....nothing personal...

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
mr King--- 100% agree with your view...absolutely we ignore anything that even appears to give Sheagles any advantage....we are suppose to be

fans=fantatics....the other team gets a big fat ZERO in terms of advantage.....Sheagles suppose to have superior D-line and maybe O-line and RB's

and receivers..which to me equals one big FAT ZERO....DAK eats Sheagles for snacks...we win hands down