"Why I'm neither high nor low on Switzer", otherwise titled "A History of Cowboys 4th Rounders"

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was just trying to save you the aggravation of trying to logically respond to someone that will never respond to logic.

Sad that someone that can't handle intelligent debate with me will still try to take shots at me from behind his self-imposed "wall".

o_O

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stash, we're done.

I read the first few words and could tell you're in a spin cycle, and this is going nowhere.. if anything, you're just that much more doggedly determined to save face, it seems. Didn't read the rest.

Of course, only you control you... but I control me... and I won't be participating in your spin cycle any further... test me if that's your bent, but you're going to find me to be totally non-responsive on this topic with you. There's simply no new ground to cover here... and actually, hasn't been any actual new ground for a few exchanges now.

I'm good with that. No hard feelings on my end. We just agree to disagree here. Have a good day.
:thumbup:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, you should not assume that a player picked by the Browns is bad just because he is picked by the Browns. This concept is difficult huh?

Based on your thought process you could think a player was great but change your mind because the Browns picked him

Genius, if a talent evaluator has a good track record of acquiring talent and the next guy doesn't, I'm going to expect the guy with the good resume will continue to out perform the other.

Who are the best players and teams in the league right now? How can you know that when everything's in the past? Everybody's equal apparently.

You know when the past doesn't matter? When it offends a Joe Fan's delicate psyche.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Genius, if a talent evaluator has a good track record of acquiring talent and the next guy doesn't, I'm going to expect the guy with the good resume will continue to out perform the other.

Who are the best players and teams in the league right now? How can you know that when everything's in the past? Everybody's equal apparently.

You know when the past doesn't matter? When it offends a Joe Fan's delicate psyche.

Oh, but what if our fifth round is golden, is the pick then golden?

I don't have an opinion on Switzer and did not know anything about him before the draft so I could care less except for the fact that the better he is, the better we are. This is not about the teams drafting prowess, if it were he would not have designated "4th round"in the post. The origin of this post is "success in the 4th round" like it is some magical thing apart from the drafting ability of the team as a whole. Don't be stupid!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, but what if our fifth round is golden, is the pick then golden?

I don't have an opinion on Switzer and did not know anything about him before the draft so I could care less except for the fact that the better he is, the better we are. This is not about the teams drafting prowess, if it were he would not have designated "4th round"in the post. The origin of this post is "success in the 4th round" like it is some magical thing apart from the drafting ability of the team as a whole. Don't be stupid!

Feel better?

Some can handle looking at it honestly. Some only want to review the past when it tells them what they want to know.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Risen Star said:
James doesn't deserve to be mentioned with that slop. He was a legit quality player.

I still have some hope for Wilson but the other two are NFL Europe players.

I agree that the linebackers corp needs some attention.

Risen is still trying to prove himself to be correct on Hitchens; however, for a 4th round pick Hitchens has already far surpassed the average expectations. His upside might be limited but he has been a significant contributor for multiple years.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah. A lot depends on Jaylon. Not comfortable depending on him at all right now, but one can hope.
Even without him, I think they are in good shape.

Lee: Obvious
Wilson: Player really well at SLB last season. Could challenge at MLB is Jaylon can't.
Hitchens: Steady, albeit unspectacular player.
Wilber: Good enough at SLB if needed there.
Nzeocha: High upside player. He needed the preseason experience that he missed due to injury but his physical ability looked terrific in little bit of action he got before the injury.

If all else fails, 4-3 LB is a position where teams can find steady veterans available either due to being cap cuts or for a conditional 7th type trade.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Even without him, I think they are in good shape.

Lee: Obvious
Wilson: Player really well at SLB last season. Could challenge at MLB is Jaylon can't.
Hitchens: Steady, albeit unspectacular player.
Wilber: Good enough at SLB if needed there.
Nzeocha: High upside player. He needed the preseason experience that he missed due to injury but his physical ability looked terrific in little bit of action he got before the injury.

If all else fails, 4-3 LB is a position where teams can find steady veterans available either due to being cap cuts or for a conditional 7th type trade.
Don't know partner...after Lee it looks a little shaky especially if Smith has no impact?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't know partner...after Lee it looks a little shaky especially if Smith has no impact?
It's at the very bottom of my list of concerns for 2017.

They primarily play 2 LBs and Lee is one of them. Hitchens is solid in the base defense. The main question is who plays along side Lee in obvious passing situations. It was Durant in 2016. It will be Jaylon is he is healthy. If not, Wilson looked good in coverage last season.

haleyrules

Reaction score
It's at the very bottom of my list of concerns for 2017.

They primarily play 2 LBs and Lee is one of them. Hitchens is solid in the base defense. The main question is who plays along side Lee in obvious passing situations. It was Durant in 2016. It will be Jaylon is he is healthy. If not, Wilson looked good in coverage last season.
I always liked Hitchens...decent player. What positions concern you the most?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Forgive me if I don't take the word of people who never mentioned the player before the draft. Not a single person here, minus that UNC homer who pimped every Tar Heel, has any credibility over Ryan Switzer. You didn't like him enough to talk about him before the draft. Your words are hollow after the draft. Don't care. Means nothing to me. You're just a cheerleader.

There were several who spoke highly of Swtizer in DraftZone, and that was before he was drafted. Liked McCaffrey better but both Switzer and Pumphrey were fallbacks.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
It's not true that people were talking about him pre-draft. Minus that one thread started by a UNC fan that pimped every Tar Heels prospect.

You're pretending you did. This happens every year.

LOL