Why is everyone anointing Scarborough as the RB2?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
He was a late 7th rounder for a reason. These are the type of picks that get traded for practice squad prospects and washed up JAGs. Maybe he's another Alfred Morris, but he's not going to get the opportunity Morris had because the Commanders had a hole at RB that year after drafting both RG3 and Cousins.

He's not particularly fast or great at anything, just a decent body to have on the team. Let's not forget we still have some guys who can, you know, run the ball, with NFL experience behind them.

RB1 - Zeke
RB2 (Alf role) - R. Smith
3DRB (Dunbar role) - Tavon Austin
RB4 - Scarborough

Anyone who thinks Scarborough is going to get 250+ yards in the regular season or anything crazy like that is fooling themselves big time.

He's a "great pick" because he played for Alabama, so they've heard of him.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
He's going to have to make a serious splash in preseason to sniff the 53. The PS is much more likely if someone else doesn't pick him up. My guess is he's a glorified camp body.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
He was a late 7th rounder for a reason. These are the type of picks that get traded for practice squad prospects and washed up JAGs. Maybe he's another Alfred Morris, but he's not going to get the opportunity Morris had because the Commanders had a hole at RB that year after drafting both RG3 and Cousins.

He's not particularly fast or great at anything, just a decent body to have on the team. Let's not forget we still have some guys who can, you know, run the ball, with NFL experience behind them.

RB1 - Zeke
RB4 - Scarborough

Anyone who thinks Scarborough is going to get 250+ yards in the regular season or anything crazy like that is fooling themselves big time.

C'mon bro don't reach like that. The fans are doing nothing more than reacting in exciteent to a few videos posted and that's it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said right from the get go, as soon as he was drafted. PS player at best. They could have done just as well or better selecting some unknown S or DT.

I immediately dubbed him Darrius Jackson 2.0, as that is what our fans do. Well some of them anyway. :laugh:
Oh, and Cedric Wilson, the same thing.

If Mike White and Cooper rush end up being the same player, which one goes, do they really keep both?

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
I kinda of agree - I am 100% behind Smith for #2 i love the way he plays football and watching him and jaylon pull for one another is awesome must be great for brothers to be able to play together !

blueblood70

Reaction score

RB1 - Zeke
RB4 - Scarborough

so tom brady was a 6th rounder for a reason? why does where they are picked have to do with how they will end up on the roster depth chart? lots of great Backs were picked late in the draft or undrafted..dont underestimate them for being late rounders..Romo and Kurt werner were UDFAs..so they should have been buried on the depth charts and lost forever?

blueblood70

Reaction score
of Course Zeke is 1 but after that its a comp in this off season.. if Bo starts off hot and is flattening guys in the open field and in the red zone , he will get a share of #2 spot with Smith IMO Smith is more important on STs and he will also be on the field as a FB and be given the ball with zeke as decoy along with Olawalye.. they both can also run and catch..this will be a very solid backfield this year..I like that Degenses will have to account for all of them when lined up behind Dak..they cant just key on Zeke and miss the upback or the FB headed out on whell routes etc..

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score

RB1 - Zeke
RB4 - Scarborough

Guess we will see. That it is your view. He ran a 4.5 so speed is not a big issue, He is a bruising style back and I look forward to seeing him get his chance this training camp

conner01

Reaction score
To be active he’s gonna need to find some role on ST
You can’t have 4 RB active and only one play ST
And I sure hope Austin is not on punt return

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

RB1 - Zeke
RB4 - Scarborough

People are giving up on Smith too quickly

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
LOL.

I think what's also funny is the anointing of Tavon Austin as a key player for us despite being largely a bust since he's entered the league.

But somehow, this staff is gonna resurrect his career and turn him into a legitimate weapon?

Because Stephen made up a new term "web back" and wants to make it a thing.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Right now, Cowboys fans are stoked about adding another powerful RB to their offense.

He had a history back with the Crimson Tide of being a very exciting and productive RB.

As long as Bo Scarbrough works hard and finds a way to continue doing so, he's golden.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think all of these guys will get a chance to go out and show themselves If Bo is better great. I don't care about pet cats I care about players going out and earning jobs. If Smith does it great if it is Bo great. People seem to be so caught up in their own views and opinion that they will bash a player before he even gets a chance to show what he can and can't do.

tm1119

Reaction score
Unless he can play ST teams well it may be tough for Bo to even make the roster. It might be Tavon + 5 WR’s with Zeke, Rod and Olawale. Bo would have to show enough to either beat out Rod Smith or show enough promise to warrant keeping him over a WR like Thompson/Brown/Wilson.

blueblood70

Reaction score
To be active he’s gonna need to find some role on ST
You can’t have 4 RB active and only one play ST
And I sure hope Austin is not on punt return
Tavons not a rb he maybe used as one but on game day he will be a PR and 4th WR used as a scat back type but from off the line as a WR..they definitely will have some of these guys inactive on some game days as Thompson will also be that type from the slot and a P/K Ret

we are assuming that they all make the team, that may not be the case..TA starts Fumbling in preseason and isn't productive he may get cut..goes for all the new guys..this is OTA MC and TC they will need to prove themselves