Why is everyone so afraid of the Eagles

Sydla

Reaction score
That's not realistic. Only thing eagles have been better at this year is closing out games, example the Chargers and Giants.

Dallas on the other hand have been it with the lead or within scoring distance and failed.

GB, Rams both we were killing them but didn't finish. Atlanta we were close but after Midway through the 3rd we didn't finish.

Talent wise the eagles aren't vastly superior. They have finished games and we haven't

Talent wise, yes, the Eagles are better. Defense alone they are more talented. Our strength on D is probably our DEs at this point and they can match us there. They have better DTs, better LBs (us not having Lee), better Ss and at best, a push at CB (although Darby is back).

Then throw in no Elliott and likely no Smith on offense?

They are a better team. That's undeniable at this point.

Greasylake17

Reaction score
Give them their due respect for having the best record but if you just for a min set aside your emotions from last week loss and their record, we actually match up pretty good TALENTWISE. Make no mistake, the lost of Lee and Smith will hurt but they lost their starters at the same positions. The thing is the Eagles are now playing with a ton confidence ( similar to us last year ) and that alone with their record are intimidating a lot of teams and fans. Break them down talent for each position, with the exception of a couple positions, we are right there with them.

Funny thing is I doubt there a person outside the players believe they can take this game Sunday. Well I do ....... coz IMO the margin is a lot closer than we think.

I respect your opinion, but I wish I had a dollar every time a cowboy fan said talent wise we are just as good ( and we always lose the game ) OUR talent has been so overrated the past 10 years. It's important to have talent at very important positions where football games are won ( esp in today's NFL ) I'm so tired of hearing about how talented we are but we hardly win anything. I think it's a combination of always overating out talent and very sub par coaching. We finally got it right the past few years by building a very good O Line. I believe it's a bit of both. The way we are so so so shorthanded with pretty much losing 4 of our BEST players ( yes Bailey is one of our best players) the Eagles should beat us by 2 TD easily. Most fans killed the Eagles fans when last year they all said we weren't that good as our record. Everyone here killed all the eagle fans. But now the roles are reversed I read the Eagles are not that good. I guess that's way fandom is these days. I could care less how good the Eagles are or aren't. I'm just worried about my own team. Right now the Cowboys are in huge huge trouble. It's hard enough to play without Zeke, but it's pretty much impossible to beat a good team without Zeke, Smith, Lee, Bailey.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eagles are a very good team, all around. Well, besides their CBs, and their DL mitigates that exposure.

I felt good about this game, even without Zeke. Without Tyron and Lee, though, I don't see how we can win this one. You never know with division games. Maybe we get a couple of extra turnovers and squeeze one out, but I'm pretty doubtful.

I don't think the Eagles are the class of the NFC, though. But they're close to it.

tm1119

Reaction score
Without Zeke, Lee and Tyron we matchup talent wise? No way. Aside from C and RG, what position can you honestly say we have a clear cut advantage at? I don’t think a single 1 honestly.

CapnCook

Reaction score
It's the lousiest non-strike/lockout season in the Superbowl era. Injuries and suspensions to key players, infighting, marred optics, dysfunction abound. It's befitting for the ugliest and most classless fan base to finally get their parade.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
That's not realistic. Only thing eagles have been better at this year is closing out games, example the Chargers and Giants.

Dallas on the other hand have been it with the lead or within scoring distance and failed.

GB, Rams both we were killing them but didn't finish. Atlanta we were close but after Midway through the 3rd we didn't finish.

Talent wise the eagles aren't vastly superior. They have finished games and we haven't
——-

Nice reality take. Well done

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
It's not that I'm afraid of the eagles, it's that I'm afraid of every team coming up on our schedule after what happened this past Sunday in Atlanta. If the Cowboys find a way to win on Sunday night, or lose but manage to move the ball, score points, and make some stops.........then I'll feel better about the next 4 games without Zeke. As it stands, the Cowboys are missing 4 Pro Bowl players at key positions (nobody mentions Dan Bailey), are coming off a game where they gave up 8 sacks and were thoroughly outplayed, and are playing a team with 1 loss on the season that can basically clinch the division with a win. I hope and pray our coaches and players step up and prove me wrong, but I'm having a tough time feeling confident going into this game.

Section446

Reaction score
They are simply a better team, from the coach to the QB, they're superior.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Great defense? Check
Create turnovers? Check
Amazing offensive play calling? Check
Wentz on fire? Check

Their offensive play calling is amazing. Wentz can pick and choose whom he throws to and they always seem to be wide open.

Keep in kind, Green Bay, Atlanta, Dallas, Seattle are all down this year. They are the best in the NFC by a long shot
I still think New Orleans is the best NFC team right now. And what's scary is that their leaders know what it takes to get it done (Brees and Payton).

Pants

Reaction score
not afraid of the eagles, afraid of how the coaching staff is clueless how to game plan...afraid of seeing Green out there with ZERO help...afraid of how this defense collapses when Sean Lee doesn't play

I fear the pitiful excuse of coaching that plagues this team...every game remaining on their schedule is winnable, and yet, I see 2-5 or 3-4 the rest of the way (at best) and that is because they cannot adjust on the fly...even if Dallas has a half-time lead, the coaches will do zero adjusting on our side

here is the real question, will a holding call be made on the opponent the rest of the way? sounds ridiculous to even type it, but we are what, 6 games in a row now? maybe now that zeke is actually suspended, GoodMara can call back the refs