Why is everyone so afraid of the Eagles

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Give them their due respect for having the best record but if you just for a min set aside your emotions from last week loss and their record, we actually match up pretty good TALENTWISE. Make no mistake, the lost of Lee and Smith will hurt but they lost their starters at the same positions. The thing is the Eagles are now playing with a ton confidence ( similar to us last year ) and that alone with their record are intimidating a lot of teams and fans. Break them down talent for each position, with the exception of a couple positions, we are right there with them.

Funny thing is I doubt there a person outside the players believe they can take this game Sunday. Well I do ....... coz IMO the margin is a lot closer than we think.
they are a tough match up for us. they have the running game. three deep at WR and a good TE, so they can play all three depth areas on offense, and on either side and they have a very good running game. their defense is the best against the run.

we are wounded. missing left tackle. now the 3rd string tackle is playing. running game is not clicking after zeke. the WRs are meh. defenseis missing its best player. and our secondary is meh.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Just a guess, but it probably has something to do with our 3 best players either being hurt or suspended.

Maybe.

SSoup

Reaction score
Give them their due respect for having the best record but if you just for a min set aside your emotions from last week loss and their record, we actually match up pretty good TALENTWISE. Make no mistake, the lost of Lee and Smith will hurt but they lost their starters at the same positions. The thing is the Eagles are now playing with a ton confidence ( similar to us last year ) and that alone with their record are intimidating a lot of teams and fans. Break them down talent for each position, with the exception of a couple positions, we are right there with them.

Funny thing is I doubt there a person outside the players believe they can take this game Sunday. Well I do ....... coz IMO the margin is a lot closer than we think.
Not having Lee arguably cripples the defense, since our defense apparently is lost without him on the field to get guys lined up properly and to read what's coming. Not having our left tackle and our RB arguably cripples the offense (the combination of the o-line becoming appreciably worse, especially in the passing game, along with us missing the player who stands the best chance to tempt our offensive coaching staff to stick with the running game is potentially lethal).

Those things don't HAVE TO cripple those units. But they stand a good shot at it, given our tendencies.

If they'd stay serious about the running game and not be so reliant on cutesy nonsense, I'd have a lot more faith in our ability to sustain drives and eat clock and limit the defense's exposure.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

Because the media tells them the eagles are the best. And as much as they call them mediots and alot of other names, they eat up everything the media tells them.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Eagles 37
Cowboys 9

I guess we know why now. :(

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Because they can lay 37 points on us? Because they can treat our line and QB like beaches?