Why No Defense In First Round?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Every single mock draft I have seen has the Cowboys taking an OL in the first. Pretty much all the "inside info" also has Dallas taking OL or trading down to get Brooks + OL. It seems every other year we use a first round pick on an OL. OL in the first and Brooks in the second also seems like a very plausible situation which means it is highly likely we don't even look to draft a defensive player until round 3.

We did absolutely nothing to address our terrible DT and LB groups. Are there no players that would be worth drafting at these positions at the end of the first round? I don't understand why no one at all is talking defense in the first (or even second) round.
We’ve lost two starters on the OL, so we pretty much have to go OL with our first pick. We used our first round pick last year on a DT and regardless how bad he was we have to try and develop him. I expect us to take another DT later in the draft if we see one we like. At LB we signed a FA and have Overshown coming back.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I'm with you - our D-line seems worse off than our o-line. Our LBs are terrible.
These ppl will probably draft a RB
Sweat should be there in the second round. Maybe even be there in the 3rd.

I would wait to get a RB in the 5th or later. We don't need to sell jerseys. We need to build a team.