Why not grab Baker Mayfield? Dak may not be the answer

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
judging from dak's play and shortcomings, baker is better in accuracy especially the long ball. Dak does not scare any defenses . Look at the tapes . Have you seen what the broncos did to dak last year ? same for the 49ers and others. He is easy to figure out.
How is he better in accuracy when every statistics says he is worse .... Oh I get the eye test ( of a QB you have hardly ever seen play)...;)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What ??? You want to base your Dak as an elite QB claim on an OT win over New England ?? You are delusional . Heck, the terrible dolphins beat the patriots . So did the colts and others . Everyone knows Dak is not accurate nor can he pick defenses with his arm . McCarthy just eluded to that in his presser . He knows next season the excuses have to end with Dak . Terrible record against good teams .
He cannot read defenses either .
Everybody knows? Like who? Is there anything...I mean anything you can point to that supports your eye test....would u care to show us your eye test results?

And so I can respond in your illogical world. Are wins and losses on the QB? Yes or no? Or are you going to avoid answering the question?

phildadon86

Reaction score
What ??? You want to base your Dak as an elite QB claim on an OT win over New England ?? You are delusional . Heck, the terrible dolphins beat the patriots . So did the colts and others . Everyone knows Dak is not accurate nor can he pick defenses with his arm . McCarthy just eluded to that in his presser . He knows next season the excuses have to end with Dak . Terrible record against good teams .
He cannot read defenses either .
Lol. He dismantled the Tampa defense in the first game of the year. If Greg can kick chip shots he wins that game. In a game they couldn’t run a lick. But sure. Keep it up. And I’m basing it on him being top 3 in every category until week 7 last season. Not one game. You calling me delusional is laughable. I can provide stats on deep balls too if you like. That Tampa defense btw. Was a superbowl winning defense. Coached by Todd Bowles. Have a nice day.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Exactly. How quickly the haters forgot those debatical so-called quarterbacks between Aikman & Romo. They wouldn't recognize a good quarterback if they were related to one. :laugh:

Ryan Leaf and Chad Hutchinson were absolute legends weren't they?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Philly was a playoff team. So I hear he can't beat teams with winning record ( as if he does it all by himself), but now we want eliminate teams because it doesn't fit the narrative....isn't that moving the goal post?

Not only did we beat Philly, but we absolutely flattened them both games. Oh, but they don't fit the narrative.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Lol. He dismantled the Tampa defense in the first game of the year. If Greg can kick chip shots he wins that game. In a game they couldn’t run a lick. But sure. Keep it up. And I’m basing it on him being top 3 in every category until week 7 last season. Not one game. You calling me delusional is laughable. I can provide stats on deep balls too if you like. That Tampa defense btw. Was a superbowl winning defense. Coached by Todd Bowles. Have a nice day.
ok, how can I put it in a way for you to understand the mentality...if we lose, its because of Dak, he couldn't score early enough and throw enough TDs and win the game....when we win a game, its Zeke, the OL, the WRs, the defense, the janitor, the fans in section 456, row 34, the wind, the sun, the angle of the sun in dallas stadium, anything but Dak. get it?

oh, wins and losses aren't a QB stat, except losses.

basel90

Reaction score
Actually, factually he has the 7th or 8th highest salary...so.....let's not just make up stuff.

Tell me your top 14-16 QBs...let's see what you got or is that just a number you reached back and just pulled from where the sun don't shine like your top 4-5 number you mentioned
He was top 2-3 when he got paid , which was ridiculous given he has not done anything.
He is currently in the mid range and has lost a lot of mobility after the injury , which makes him less effective as he just cannot pick apart defenses with his arm or accuracy etc. he has no such assets. MM suggesting he should run more is trying to revive what Dak should be or was .
The top QBs above Dak in my estimation are ;
mahomes
allen
brady
rodgers
watson
stafford
burrow
herbert
murrey
wilson
tannehil
lamar
Garopolo- Cousins -Dak - Baker , Jones , Ryan ( tie)

basel90

Reaction score
Everybody knows? Like who? Is there anything...I mean anything you can point to that supports your eye test....would u care to show us your eye test results?

And so I can respond in your illogical world. Are wins and losses on the QB? Yes or no? Or are you going to avoid answering the question?
wins and losses cannot be on the QB alone.
Dak got paid to be a top 3-4 QB . Such Quarterbacks make a difference in certain games and elevate their team . Such QBs don't go on a playoff win drought for 4 years and counting , especially if their team has decent offenseinve and defensive rosters. The cowboys have what it take if you agree to win playoff games, Do you agree they under achieved ?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dak got paid to be a top 3-4 QB . Such Quarterbacks make a difference in certain games and elevate their team . Such QBs don't go on a playoff win drought for 4 years and counting , especially if their team has decent offenseinve and defensive rosters. The cowboys have what it take if you agree to win playoff games, Do you agree they under achieved ?
The cowboys under achieved. 14 penalties and costly drops and crucial moments are not on the QB and you would be hard pressed to find a QB that can overcome all of that in a single game.

Why ignore my prior comment to you? Too much truth for you? Now I remember why I ignored you in the first place.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He was top 2-3 when he got paid , which was ridiculous given he has not done anything.
He is currently in the mid range and has lost a lot of mobility after the injury , which makes him less effective as he just cannot pick apart defenses with his arm or accuracy etc. he has no such assets. MM suggesting he should run more is trying to revive what Dak should be or was .
The top QBs above Dak in my estimation are ;
mahomes
allen
brady
rodgers
watson
stafford
burrow
herbert
murrey
wilson
tannehil
lamar
Garopolo- Cousins -Dak - Baker , Jones , Ryan ( tie)
You don't base a contract based on current year record which is still in progress. That shows you to be an instigator or amateur or both.

Prior years and past performance plus market plus what's available in market.

Secondly you argue wins and losses are on QB so that comes across clearly. In the meantime @MountaineerCowboy is adamant that it's not. So two different goal posts. In the process you completely absolved the defense which at the time (given your argument is focused at the time results) was the absolute worst defense in history of NFL by a mile. So with that line of argument you are putting the entire result of any game and by extension of the season on offense and given your line of argument on the QB. This clearly spells out your agenda.

I disagree with your list. It's your opinion. You put baker ahead of Ryan. Nobody in the NFL and I mean nobody in the NFL would ever do that. This again clearly shows you are trying to push your agenda based on your original post.

I wouldn't put tannehill or grapolo above Dak. Both have much better support than Dak. Those defenses are great. Both running games are fantastic. Not ready to crown Murray anything. He hasn't done anything or shown anything. Much like your complaints about Dak, he was hot and then he collapsed

But I get you. I get your agenda.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You don't base a contract based on current year record which is still in progress. That shows you to be an instigator or amateur or both.

Prior years and past performance plus market plus what's available in market.

Secondly you argue wins and losses are on QB so that comes across clearly. In the meantime @MountaineerCowboy is adamant that it's not. So two different goal posts. In the process you completely absolved the defense which at the time (given your argument is focused at the time results) was the absolute worst defense in history of NFL by a mile. So with that line of argument you are putting the entire result of any game and by extension of the season on offense and given your line of argument on the QB. This clearly spells out your agenda.

I disagree with your list. It's your opinion. You put baker ahead of Ryan. Nobody in the NFL and I mean nobody in the NFL would ever do that. This clearly shows you are trying to push your agenda based on your original post.

I wouldn't put tannehill or grapolo above Dak. Both have much better support than Dak. Those defenses are great. Both running games are fantastic. Not ready to crown Murray anything. He hasn't done anything or shown anything. Much like your complaints about Dak, he was hot and then he collapsed

But I get you. I get your agenda.
What's this got to do with me?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So your goal posts is a moving target. Which tells me your goal is to just win the argument at hand. Here you say that wins and losses aren't on the QB. In your other response you said Dak was 2-3...

So you clearly are trying to be on both sides of the fence at the same time. Perhaps you live in aultiverae that allows for that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

You dont win many playoff games with a "decent roster".

And no the Cowboys have not had a legitimate contender come playoff time the last few years.

SF went into GB the next week and won so you have to take that into consideration. They were just better.

basel90

Reaction score
The cowboys under achieved. 14 penalties and costly drops and crucial moments are not on the QB and you would be hard pressed to find a QB that can overcome all of that in a single game.

Why ignore my prior comment to you? Too much truth for you? Now I remember why I ignored you in the first place.
your earlier comment about Dak playing great against tampa ?? for one , the cowbosy lost, second , he missed crucial throws if you watch the 4th Qtr. On the good start , it is too subjective , and you cannot arguably ignore the whole body of work . I don't give a lick or care if you ignore or not , this is a discussion forum and if you don't like discussions that don't agree with your golden boy , it is your business.