Why not just announce, Dak will play out his contract?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak looks perfectly fine. Its the Jones's who look incompetent. Guys like Trevor Lawrence are getting paid and they are making a All Pro wait. Its embarrassing but to their credit they don't care about being embarrassed because if they did they would've stepped down as GM by now. But its been 28 years and they don't seem to care.
That's not true at all the Jones family gave Prescott his first contract the big one already he's going on his third contract and this one's even much bigger and now they're at an impasse with trying to figure out his age versus the money is demanding now is it worth moving forward Trevor Lawrence and Herbert and all these other guys were on just their first contracts and are now getting paid we've already been through that here the Jones is already ponied up gave the man a no trade clause and no franchise tag clause gave him what at the time was one of the biggest contracts for a quarterback he was making what 42 or 43,000,000 AAV now that's 11th on the list and it's time to renew but stop acting like those contracts are the same they're not the same they're completely different situations...

This does not look bad on the Jones family,

you know who looks bad ,

when someone like Daniel Jones gets 42,000,000 and he's not worth it that shows you the quarterback market, that was bad the ownership was dumb to do that, but hey maybe he'll turn out to be OK someday, well Prescott was OK day one rookie of the year he was better than Daniel Jones and the Jones family gave Prescott his big deal...

now he's up for a second big deal, it's not the same what do you guys keep trying to make this look the same the situations that similar is lambs contract is up but this is the first time they've had to deal with the guy who won't negotiate at least right away top five money they want to be the second highest paid player in the league outside of quarterback....

that's the difference,

it is changing, just like contracts were different with Jimmy Johnson's team there are a lot different now they keep changing and it's not the same I'm going to say it's seven times just understand the situations are different....

The one that's parallel is the fact that Seattle moved on from Russell Wilson and look what Denver did there that was kind of a mistake but still and then manning left and went on to also Denver he had Watson leaving Houston and more recently Rogers going to The Jets still hasn't worked out either and that is where Prescott is with his contract and they ended up leaving that's what he was talking about in his interview he doesn't want to leave but he understands the situation this is not the same as it was for Trevor Lawrence getting his first deal or Herbert or tua these are all different Burrows all these guys the contracts were their first big one, not their second one, there's a far different scenarios going on here I'm trying to get these contracts done especially the fact that they're happening at the same time which by the way Burrows got paid why are they holding up on jamar chase??hmmm this is not a Jones family issue alone, it is part of the NFL and it's becoming tougher because players are demanding more & more guaranteed money, they don't want to just be top five they want to be the guy...

so please stop acting like there's a parallel with those new young players that just got paid at quarterback, its the ones i listed above actually is the parallel, and they all left... but the most recent is Minnesota deciding to let cousins walk, thats where prescott is , not with those other guys. hell, less recent was Flacco, farve, and Ryan at some point their qbs up for the 3rd deals have been leaving. none played for the jones family. Ironic when real info is used.

rags747

Reaction score
....with all this talk nonsense occurring, which is actually making Dak look bad.

Jerry should button his pants all the way up and announce no contract will be made until end of year.

..your thoughts?
I like that 100%!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Funny thing is....all 3 players are under contract. Jerry doesn't haven't to do a damn thing. These players haven't won squat. So why should Jerry budge? If I was him....I think I would play it out too.
Jerry hasn’t done a “damn thing” for decades.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Im pretty sure Dak's camp has announced this if you see what he is saying...Dak has spent 8 years towing the company line, what he is saying now is anything but that.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
they dont need to announce anything. If he doesnt have a contract, he will obviously play it out.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
....with all this talk nonsense occurring, which is actually making Dak look bad.

Jerry should button his pants all the way up and announce no contract will be made until end of year.

..your thoughts?
And what if Jerry wants to get Dak signed to a new contract before the end of the year? It doesn't seem to me that decision is certain.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Then Dak wouldn’t try. They are stringing him along with fake negotiations and low offers so Dak thinks they will get something done.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For the first time in 30 years, it's making Jerry look smart.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

..your thoughts?
EXACTLY!!!!!!!! Instead of keep on saying we love him we're working on it etc etc

DuncanIso

Reaction score

..your thoughts?
They gotta pay CD.

Then Parsons.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

..your thoughts?
Cause he’s still trying to get a deal done .

And word on the street is if a deal isn’t done before season starts, Dak is done in Dallas regardless what happens this year.

Be just our luck we finally break thru and he walks. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m All In on Jethro …LOL
dZ5jfsg.jpeg

fivetwos

Reaction score
Announcing that he won’t be signing before the season won’t make it a non topic during the season, and there’s no point to doing so for either side.

Jerry also knows a tough season may be in the cards and this is part of how he stays in the news. It really isn’t about anything else.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

..your thoughts?
Why? Because he isn’t.